Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 01:47 PM

29 posts, read 30,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
Speaking of that does anyone know what actually happened to Pawley's? When we first moved here 8 years ago we tried that place out and it was *awesome*. Great food, reasonable prices, etc. It was *packed* every time we went, then one day it was just gone. I imagine the owner got in big trouble for something because I can't imagine it didn't get enough business.

Cade's was horrible though, I can't believe that place even made it past the concept stage.

The location was/is terrible. Restaurants do best where there are a lot of other restaurants in the area. It sounds backwards, but that's the way it works. Pawley's / Cade's was all out on it's own. It's not a destination area most people think of when they want to go to dinner. As much as people hate Woodruff Rd., they always think of it when trying to pick a place to eat because there are a lot of options. Cade's actually had some good food, but a family-style restaurant business model requires a good amount of business to work, and that just didn't happen for them. Whatever new business goes in that building I wish them luck, but I'd be shocked if they last long-term -- it won't happen until that area has a whole lot more great food options. imho.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:21 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
That is when they started Cade's and thought the family dining idea would work well here.
Some trivia - Cade was a beloved family horse. I thought Cade's had a great logo, but the location was undoubtedly part of the reason it closed, and the unconventional model probably didn't fit into what enough people were looking for.

Old 06-04-2015, 01:25 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
The old Travinias and Pier One Imports have been leased.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:32 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
The old Travinias and Pier One Imports have been leased.
Further information on the former Travinia's space is just one page back.

Old 06-05-2015, 07:16 AM

506 posts, read 1,222,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter29680 View Post
The location was/is terrible. Restaurants do best where there are a lot of other restaurants in the area. It sounds backwards, but that's the way it works. Pawley's / Cade's was all out on it's own. It's not a destination area most people think of when they want to go to dinner. As much as people hate Woodruff Rd., they always think of it when trying to pick a place to eat because there are a lot of options. Cade's actually had some good food, but a family-style restaurant business model requires a good amount of business to work, and that just didn't happen for them. Whatever new business goes in that building I wish them luck, but I'd be shocked if they last long-term -- it won't happen until that area has a whole lot more great food options. imho.
I went to Pawley's a *ton* of times and every single time there was a 30-60 minute wait and the whole place was damn near packed past fire code. So it being in a terrible area definitely has nothing to do with it closing. I'm almost positive there had to be some major mismanagement or the owner got into trouble or lost money gambling or something.

Edit: I went to Cade's once and the food was absolutely terrible. They were supposedly 'known' for their awesome fried chicken which was far worse than fried chicken I can get at numerous grocery stores and fast food restaurants in the area, and the sides were bad also. Even the mashed potatoes were actually *sour*. I have no idea how you screw up mashed potatoes. The sign was tacky looking also. Everything about it was 1000x worse than Pawley's. Up until the couple posts I've seen in this thread I didn't hear of a single person going there that actually liked it, so it's no surprise it closed so fast.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:09 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Looks like a Korean restaurant will be coming in the former Pawley's/Cade's location:

Coming Soon: Korean Restaurant (in former Cade's Dinnerhouse) (Simpsonville area) | What's Opening There?

(tip from someone on FB. Haven't verified it myself so YMMV).

Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Looks like a Korean restaurant will be coming in the former Pawley's/Cade's location:

Coming Soon: Korean Restaurant (in former Cade's Dinnerhouse) (Simpsonville area) | What's Opening There?

(tip from someone on FB. Haven't verified it myself so YMMV).
Actually a good location for that.. Right across the way from Samsung which has a number of Korean employees. Not sure it's enough to keep a restaurant afloat.

My stepmother is Korean and really liked KimChee up on Woodruff the last time she was in town. Said it was more authentic than the Korean BBQ at Red Robin..

Old 06-10-2015, 08:08 AM

5 posts, read 10,216 times
Does anyone know what's going in the old Mauldin Diner location in Mauldin?<br>

Old 06-10-2015, 08:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance1999 View Post
I noticed the activity there when I was in town a few wks ago. Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,664,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance1999 View Post
I believe it's being turned into a Subway, to replace the one that was in the burned building across the street.

It's also been rumored to be a Jimmy Johns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area