Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 01:51 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times

Advertisements

Spinx is now upgrading their stores to compete with QT. As for Wawa, they have expanded into the Baltimore/Washington area and down into Richmond, Va. And they have also opened stores in Florida around Orlando and Tampa.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:12 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
Looks like the new Quicktrip on Harrison Bridge Road has really hurt the nearby 7-11. It is packed out all the time.

I think that road is going to get a lot of new stuff in next 5 years.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 28,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Looks like the new Quicktrip on Harrison Bridge Road has really hurt the nearby 7-11. It is packed out all the time.

I think that road is going to get a lot of new stuff in next 5 years.
Yeah Im seeing some major retail coming to that huge empty lot on the frontage road sometime soon. I would love to see an outlet mall or something like that with some good restaurants.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:54 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP69 View Post
Wawa. LOL. I used to, and still do, think that is one of the dumbest names for a convenience store. Growing up in the Philly area, I remember them well, but only was just recently reminded watching an episode of The Goldbergs (which takes place in the suburbs of Philly).

That said, I think they are only based in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware area....maybe a few in Maryland. So doubt we'll ever see one here in the Upstate.

And I agree QT is far nicer. I also wonder if they are hurting Spinx, particularly with their cash pricing model. With a QT and Spinx across the street from one another, I always see a LOT more people at QT, which almost always has the same price with credit.

I understand the reasoning behind the whole cash/credit thing with service fees, but I will readily admit that I never go to Spinx specifically for this reason. I think it's an outdated business model (even including any "rewards" programs they have).

I grew up in South Jersey before I escaped 17 years ago, so I grew up on Wawa. The name is actually an Indian word for Canadian goose. They're in Connecticut and as far south as Richmond and are aggressively re-entering the Florida market.

https://www.wawa.com/ComingSoon.aspx

Old 01-14-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Spinx is now upgrading their stores to compete with QT. As for Wawa, they have expanded into the Baltimore/Washington area and down into Richmond, Va. And they have also opened stores in Florida around Orlando and Tampa.
Ha, I posted my post without reading yours; my bad. I think Richmond is the only city that has Wawa,Sheetz and QT.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:42 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Wawa. LOL. I used to, and still do, think that is one of the dumbest names for a convenience store. Growing up in the Philly area, I remember them well, but only was just recently reminded watching an episode of The Goldbergs (which takes place in the suburbs of Philly).
What's Helen Keller's favorite convenience store?

Wawa.

Yes, I accept your collective groans.. Admit it though.. You're sitting there chuckling just a bit and embarrassed that you are.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:01 PM

446 posts, read 415,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I grew up in South Jersey before I escaped 17 years ago, so I grew up on Wawa. The name is actually an Indian word for Canadian goose. They're in Connecticut and as far south as Richmond and are aggressively re-entering the Florida market.

https://www.wawa.com/ComingSoon.aspx
Wasn't aware they were rapidly expanding. Good for them. Yeah, I knew Wawa had something to do with a goose. Didn't know it was the Indian word for Canadian goose. Still not exactly a stellar name, but I guess you could say it is something that would stick in your memory.

And I hear you on "escaping" New Jersey. Been here in the South for 25 years, don't miss the tri-state PA/NJ/DE area at all.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:37 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Wasn't aware they were rapidly expanding. Good for them. Yeah, I knew Wawa had something to do with a goose. Didn't know it was the Indian word for Canadian goose. Still not exactly a stellar name, but I guess you could say it is something that would stick in your memory.

And I hear you on "escaping" New Jersey. Been here in the South for 25 years, don't miss the tri-state PA/NJ/DE area at all.
We lived in South Jersey for 4 years when I was growing up. I often say the only thing I miss from up there is the Italian Food.

Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM

446 posts, read 415,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
We lived in South Jersey for 4 years when I was growing up. I often say the only thing I miss from up there is the Italian Food.
Have you tried Napoli near Five Forks? It's pretty good.

I do miss DeLorenzo's pizza in Trenton, NJ. We used to drive 45 minutes just to go there. Best pizza ever.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
South Jersey's actually pretty decent, much less populated the central and north Jersey and we went to the beach almost every day in the summer, and the Italian food is good there, but don't miss much of it; there's a reason the Northeast is hemorrhaging people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area