Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
People still shop at malls???
Yes.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:01 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Quote:
Yes. Good ones with good stores. Haywood will be packed today guaranteed. Can't stand online shopping for clothes or shoes.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
If malls have stores, restaurants, and anything suited my interests, I would visit. I have not had reasons to visit Haywood Mall in years.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:27 AM

292 posts, read 344,572 times
Default New Mediterranean restaurant

I see where a new Mediterranean restaurant (Flame Mediterranean & American Grill) opened in the old Capricioza location on Congaree Rd. Anyone had a chance to try it yet?

Old 03-04-2018, 09:42 AM

78 posts, read 150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
I see where a new Mediterranean restaurant (Flame Mediterranean & American Grill) opened in the old Capricioza location on Congaree Rd. Anyone had a chance to try it yet?
Odd, there was a Flame Mediterranean restaurant that recently opened in Anderson on N. Main but quickly closed down. The food and service were sub par and my wife predicted they wouldn't last 6 months so I assumed that was the reason they closed but maybe they felt it would do better in Greenville. A newly opened pizza place in Pelzer (26 Main) bought their tables and chairs I believe.

Edit: The Anderson Restaurant was called Twisted Flame so maybe just a coincidence.

Last edited by Dr.Munchy; 03-04-2018 at 09:50 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 09:04 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
If malls have stores, restaurants, and anything suited my interests, I would visit. I have not had reasons to visit Haywood Mall in years.
Then I guess you were not one of those dying for the debut of the Cheesecake Factory. I have yet to dine at the Haywood Mall location, although I have visited their SouthPark restaurant in Charlotte.

But I do go to Haywood periodically to shop at Belk and Macy's. Sometimes Dillard's or JCPenney. I normally purchase store brand clothing rather than a specific name designer unless there is a specific item I really like.
I don't have the urge to buy just for a trendy name on the label. Although I do have a standard charcoal grey Ralph Lauren Polo zip up sweater I bought on sale at Belk a few years ago during one of those special sales when they accepted a coupon. I used to go to Sears before they downsized the electronics department. I don't care much for Sears anymore.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:30 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,811 times
I order things online occasionally from JC Penney, and pick up at the store. Other than that and getting a new battery for my phone at the Apple Store I have never shopped at the mall in the four years I have lived here. I used to shop a lot at JC Penney, especially for my boys, but the selection is not the same as in the past.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:43 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Munchy View Post
Odd, there was a Flame Mediterranean restaurant that recently opened in Anderson on N. Main but quickly closed down. The food and service were sub par and my wife predicted they wouldn't last 6 months so I assumed that was the reason they closed but maybe they felt it would do better in Greenville. A newly opened pizza place in Pelzer (26 Main) bought their tables and chairs I believe.

Edit: The Anderson Restaurant was called Twisted Flame so maybe just a coincidence.
Somethings a little fishy, I googled their menu and it looks amazing:

Flames - Meditterrean & American Grill Restaurant

but then I realized that it's in Connecticut. The name is identical, even down to the "Mediterranean and American Grill" part, but this one is Flames, not Flame. Can't be just a coincidence, can it?

Old 03-07-2018, 11:01 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
That would be better than what I thought. There is a sign for Grand South Bank on the property. They must be financing the construction.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Somethings a little fishy, I googled their menu and it looks amazing:

Flames - Meditterrean & American Grill Restaurant

but then I realized that it's in Connecticut. The name is identical, even down to the "Mediterranean and American Grill" part, but this one is Flames, not Flame. Can't be just a coincidence, can it?
They sent me a message back on facebook saying that they were not affiliated. It's just odd that the names are virtually identical:

Flames - Meditterrean & American Grill Restaurant and Flame Meditterrean & American Grill Restaurant

Last edited by Sophiasmommy; 03-08-2018 at 11:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area