Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2018, 07:31 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Why is every new place a burger joint? Like another one is needed. What about some healthy options? I am sure I am not the only person who agrees with this.
If you look at the menu at least this Burgerim will have some slightly healthier options like veggie and salmon burgers, salads and some gluten free items. Not your typical greasy Five Guys. It looks like it's a chain that's heavily based in California.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:33 AM

321 posts, read 406,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
If you look at the menu at least this Burgerim will have some slightly healthier options like veggie and salmon burgers, salads and some gluten free items. Not your typical greasy Five Guys. It looks like it's a chain that's heavily based in California.
Agreed. Most of their other locations say "coming soon". They are expanding aggressively.

Menu looks intriguing though.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:58 AM

29 posts, read 42,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Tropical Grill is open in Mauldin.

Also in Mauldin, something happening at the old Lynn's Comfort Shoes next to Spinx on S. Main. Stay tuned!
It's going to be a Starbucks.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...din/956894001/

Old 02-26-2018, 08:58 AM

272 posts, read 328,925 times
New Spinx coming to 103 Shaw St, Greenville, SC 29609 (next to WYFF4 on Rutherford). Nice to see that area be improved.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:11 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
I dunno, if you read their site, they're basically a gourmet white castle. 2.8oz patties, too gimmicky.

Choose from an uno, duo, trio, or 16 pack of our gourmet 2.8 oz. patties and customize each one.

https://www.burgerim.com/

Old 02-26-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2007 View Post
New Spinx coming to 103 Shaw St, Greenville, SC 29609 (next to WYFF4 on Rutherford). Nice to see that area be improved.
Spinx had a small station in that spot years ago when they operated stations with a kiosk only(no store)to pay like Murphy USA. You can still see the raised concrete median there where the pumps were in front of that old plant that is being torn down. Anyone remember that?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:32 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Spinx had a small station in that spot years ago when they operated stations with a kiosk only(no store)to pay like Murphy USA. You can still see the raised concrete median there where the pumps were in front of that old plant that is being torn down. Anyone remember that?
Do you mean the ones that just had a person in a box? They had a goodly number of those back in the early 90's. The one on Augusta was like that for quite some time until they rebuilt it as a full store.

I heard a story one time that a muckity muck with Spinx went to that store on a Sunday and pulled out his master keys to open the cooler and get beer because they wouldn't sell it to him (Back when Sunday sales were totally illegal).

Old 02-26-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Do you mean the ones that just had a person in a box? They had a goodly number of those back in the early 90's. The one on Augusta was like that for quite some time until they rebuilt it as a full store.

I heard a story one time that a muckity muck with Spinx went to that store on a Sunday and pulled out his master keys to open the cooler and get beer because they wouldn't sell it to him (Back when Sunday sales were totally illegal).
Yes. There was a Spinx like that too (with a person in a box) on Laurens Rd just before you get to Haywood.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:59 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Yes. There was a Spinx like that too (with a person in a box) on Laurens Rd just before you get to Haywood.
I believe the East Washington site was like that originally.. That the one we're talking about? I wouldn't necessarily call that 'right before Haywood', but.. Fair enough.

I do not know if those stores were constructed like that by Spinx, or if they were part of an acquisition. I know by the 90's those style locations had gone out of favor and were no longer being constructed by Spinx.

I wonder how Spinx will go over the next 5 to 10 years.. For the longest time, they only had onesie-twosie competition.. Now with QT coming in and blowing up.. 7-11 establishing a footprint (Though still small).. and the various others.. I wonder if Spinx will wind up being consumed.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:02 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Quote:
Wasn't that location ended by a fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area