Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 11:40 AM

617 posts, read 2,573,011 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Acadian .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 15,656 times
Default Travelers Rest Neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmelfi View Post
Hello, I bought a home with some land in Travelers Rest last October and have been up to it a few times in the last year. The area is 100% better than the Stuart Florida area were I live now. I would be fulltime in a heartbeat if I could just sell my house down here. I have spent a total of 7 weeks in the area and havent found a rude person yet. And better yet people can drive up there! I find food and gas to be less expensive also compared to here. Taxes, I will take the SC ones anyday. I am not sure of car insurance rates, but I know I save almost six grand a year on homeowners insurance in TR compared to here in Fl. Can't wait to be fulltime in TR!!!!
MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE ALSO BOUGHT LAND IN TRAVELERS REST. WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU, TRYING TO SELL OUR HOUSE IN WEST PALM. MY SISTER AND HER HUSBAND ARE COMING WITH US. WE CAN'T WAIT. WE WILL BOTH HAVE TO BUILD HOMES, HOPEFULLY WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 AM

5 posts, read 15,718 times
Default Close to Greenville

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALOVE View Post
I have read such wonderful things about the Greenville area. Is their anyone who has moved to Greenville, or the suburbs, from out of state and come to regret that decision? If so, why?
I hate were I live but unfortunetly I'm stuck here. I live in Spartanburg which is about 20 min from Greenville. When I moved here from Katrina(Hurricane) from Biloxi, MS. My life has been in ruin ever since. My job in which I transfered here to, had so many shady people working in it I had to quit and find another employer. Found another employer then had my Identity stolen. Got my financials back on track then my wife, of 10yrs, cheats on me with another man... WTF?????

Yes I have to say I totaly regret moving to the Greenville /Spartanburg Area. Now today I have to find a new place to live, due to the fact I can't even look my "soulmate" in the eyes. Now I have to start over again. And try to learn to "trust" again, unfortunetly that wont be easy.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 AM

3 posts, read 8,020 times
Default area info

Hi maybe someone would be kind enough to tell me how safe/or not the area around Wofford College is? I will be attending the school in the fall and I see all the sex offender listings and crime stats and I am so scared I don't think I will be able to go off campus at all. I value the residents opinions more that the stats.Any and all help is most welcomed please be honest with me I rather be prepared than not.

thank you in advance

Old 04-03-2008, 09:21 AM

Default northerners

you are correct some northerners are awfully rude,ill mannered if they have any at all, I agree with you that family is the most important thing in life but please understand that not all northerners are that way and not all places in the NE are producing people that behave and give northerners that reputation but yes most are exactly as you discribe just please give us northerners that are not the sterotype a chance. We are despratly looking for a conservative,respectful,friendly[place to retire and we have manners and respect for others.

quote=SomewhereElse;2452796]Wrong, I wouldn't move to Boston or anywhere up in the NE. Family is what's important, I would never sacrafice my family for a job, just to make more money and possibly live worse. My family income is around 90K here in Upstate SC. I'm starting to live a happy life, since moving from expensive SFL this past year, where again MANY northerners have migrated from, which makes it a very rude place to live![/quote]

Old 04-03-2008, 09:32 AM

Default manners

you are so correct and I am a northerner who should be living in the south MY family and I have been raised with religion,manners,respect,hard work ethic and we are conservative to the bone unfortunatly we live is libral la la land.we crave your southern ways.although no one is perfect by any means everyone has different priorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
I am glad Greenville was a good place for you. I in no way blame anybody for wanting to come here. I am a person who appreciates the small things in life. I fear the big city atmosphere will change my hometown too much.

I suppose it is hard for a person who is what I'm trying to prevent in a way (no offense) to understand. Another thing is the kids from up North. While the adults will be a bit different, the kids will influence each other. If kids from the North say things like everything Southern is automatically redneck then other kids will follow. They will not be as polite as their peers, etc. I'm not saying that the only influence is the Northern kids...TV doesn't help either. lol.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:49 AM

915 posts, read 2,424,611 times
Just to chime in real quick, I have lived in 6 states throughout my life (MI, CT, MD, WI, PA, and SC), and I absolutely have no regrets about moving to Greenville. I love every aspect of living here, and moved here back in 2002.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:21 PM

8 posts, read 19,764 times
is the crime rate high in greenville south carolina???

Old 04-18-2008, 04:55 PM

10 posts, read 22,305 times
Hi I am also very curios about the area since I have to relocate down there. We both really want to know the good parts but also the BAD parts too. Any help would be greatly apreciated by me at least on this post.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,383,609 times
I highly recommend that anyone who wishes to have a better understanding about positive and negative elements in Greenville, please print and read this 63 page draft document detailing where Greenville is today. You will find more information in that document than any of us could share in our answers on this forum. Once you have read it, if you have any additional or more specific questions, please don't hesitate to post them here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area