Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2008, 07:04 PM

170 posts, read 878,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
sorry.

Well you're welcome to come here. I don't particularly want you here but you are welcome. I have nothing against you personally. I'm sure you're a nice person. I just don't want all these people coming here.
Guestposter 24,
A lot of people don't like change, and when your entire way of life as you know it changes it can be difficult to deal with. But, one thing is for sure, everything and every place eventually changes.

And by the way, yes I am a nice person !
Fallgirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,253 times
Some one told me that Seneca area was real nice, you can buy a house on the lake w/a mountain view, only 20 minuets from the city, and the housing is very resonlable. I think that is the best of both worlds.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM

835 posts, read 2,305,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydia30504 View Post
Some one told me that Seneca area was real nice, you can buy a house on the lake w/a mountain view, only 20 minuets from the city, and the housing is very resonlable. I think that is the best of both worlds.
lol I heard it was redneck. oh well that was one person though.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 AM

40 posts, read 114,523 times
I feel your pain VALOVE! I'm going to relocate also, I want to be closer to my Daugher in Maryland. I live in the Florida Panhandle right now and with my budget and the price of Airfare these days, its a chore trying to see her more than twice a yr. I could easily drive from S.C. on a weekend. My problem is.. I have no idea what the areas are like, where is the crime problem spots , where is the quiet areas, etc. Like you, I have found that the online information only wants to tell you the good, leaving out the bad. I'm really confused, because it seems some people love the area and some hate it.......can it be THAT divided???

Old 03-20-2008, 09:34 AM

32 posts, read 100,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
well some people like it but others have told me "Greenville is boring" etc.

I am sore that all these people are moving here. Here's the thing... I like the South. but when all the yankees keep moving in there won't be a South. It'll just be a geographic region, not a culture. I don't blame people for moving here for a job, etc. but where they mean to or not they poke away at southernness.

just out of my curiosity...Skyliner, are you a native?

I picked your post at random, so don't take it personal. As there were so many post labeling others as "yankees" or whatever other names you elect.
Seems to me, many of you so called "Southerners" are still stuck in the us against them mentality of the civil war. In particular Columbia, S.C. where the confederacy was initiated and in particular burnt to the ground by
Gen. Sherman's Union Army for it's treason.
No war in U.S. history has claimed so many American citizens as the civil war. However, the war is over. We are all Americans now.
I love the South, just as I love the North, just as I love the West.
just as I love the U.S. in it's entirety.
I will continue to grace my Southern brothers with my presence, with those of my friends and family (all of which are from the North). Since our salaries are much higher up here, we love coming South for vacation to get more bang for our buck.

We will all be in town this week for Good Friday and Easter.

Oh yea I almost forgot. I don't mind being called a yankee. As a matter of fact, I like it. However, some folks don't like to be called yankee.
I'm sure you don't care to understand. However, my Southern brothers have always been good at tagging titles on other Americans at the very least.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:55 PM

737 posts, read 1,653,770 times
[quote=sandlapper;3200482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernyankee View Post
Seems to me, many of you so called "Southerners" are still stuck in the us against them mentality of the civil war. In particular Columbia, S.C. where the confederacy was initiated and in particular burnt to the ground by
Gen. Sherman's Union Army for it's treason.QUOTE]
Whoa, the confederacy was not "initiated" in Columbia. Charleston (the Battle of Ft Sumter where the 1st shots were fired), or Richmond (confederacy capital) has a much stronger claim than Columbia would. Plus sherman pretty much burned every city he came across in the south not just Columbia, I mean Atlanta doesn't have a phoenix rising from the ashes on its flag for nothing

Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
wow, this is pretty funny, a hostile redneck and a hostile yankee. too much fun!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM

[quote=sandlapper;3200547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post

Whoa, the confederacy was not "initiated" in Columbia. Charleston (the Battle of Ft Sumter where the 1st shots were fired), or Richmond (confederacy capital) has a much stronger claim than Columbia would. Plus sherman pretty much burned every city he came across in the south not just Columbia, I mean Atlanta doesn't have a phoenix rising from the ashes on its flag for nothing
Your post is grossly incorrect in many areas, But mostly pertaining to Gen. Sherman. Who did not pretty much burn every city he came across. That's
Confederate propaganda. The only city to burn was Columbia. For reasons already posted above.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM

835 posts, read 2,305,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
wow, this is pretty funny, a hostile redneck and a hostile yankee. too much fun!
this is one of the things I'm talking about.

While Yankee is a more generic term, redneck is not. Seems yankees call southerners "redneck". There's a difference. I've heard people (yes from the North...and even the South, again with the yankees influencing them) say an accent=redneck. So my doctor is a redneck now? Are teachers now rednecks? Is the lawyer with a drawl on the commercials a redneck?There are rednecks in Washington state. I think there's a difference between being a person from the South and a redneck.

This is not to say that some people won't call themselves redneck as they see it as a badge of honor. Why would Jeff Foxworthy be so popular if they didn't?

I know you post was meant to be lighthearted but just putting that out there. lol.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post

True facts equate hostility?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area