Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:36 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,215,995 times

Advertisements

Tam,

I am so happy to hear this story. I am glad to hear you feel at peace.

Although, I seldom post here anymore I still read all of your posts. I do care about you all.

***Hugs*** Tami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 03:28 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,186,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Tam,

I am so happy to hear this story. I am glad to hear you feel at peace.

Although, I seldom post here anymore I still read all of your posts. I do care about you all.

***Hugs*** Tami.
Thanks, smilin'. I hope you're not posting here much anymore because, like me, your life is boring. Not that I wish you have a boring life, just that you don't have much to talk about now. That you are getting along okay and don't need to "spill your guts" anymore. OR you are too busy now with an active social life! Either way, you may not be here much anymore but I still think of you all the time.

(((HUGS))) back, smilin'.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:02 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Reading through all these stories makes me smile through tears. Don't let ANYONE ever tell you that these are just subconscious wishes we have - always hold the certainty of the love you feel from the other person, or from God, or from both, close to your heart. I believe our loved ones are with us and they continue to love us - even when we aren't aware of it, and it's a special gift from God and from them when they are able to reach down and touch us so tenderly!

Old 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM

71 posts, read 76,561 times
My late mother and several relatives.

Any relative of mine who dies always visits me before they go on their way.

I had a rather interesting encounter, I was lying in bed one morning on the weekend, and I felt someone stroking my head and heard my late mother say my name in a very soft and loving manner which soothed me.

When I got out of bed a little later my cheeks and everywhere else had the sensation of being kissed many times.

I still remember and that made my entire month.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,186,004 times
I just remembered another visit from my dear husband. He smoked cigarettes and I quit several years ago. I was sitting on the sofa watching TV when I smelled cigarette smoke behind me. I actually turned around to see if someone was standing behind me. Nope just me all alone with my doggies.

That happened only that one time. Reading all your posts about your encounters.

Keep looking..

Old 02-21-2014, 05:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,657,993 times
I have always heard not to pick up a penny, if it is not "heads up."
Now that I think about it, I found a penny this`morning, and it was "heads up."

Whats up with the penny thing?

Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 PM

90 posts, read 178,030 times
Shortly after my husband died (25+ yrs ago, workplace accident), i had a very vivid dream about him. He said he was always w/ me, only a thin "curtain" separated us, and when i really, REALLY needed him, he could come to help me.
My definition of really needing him is apparently different and there were times i begged for his guidance but nothing happened.
Our son became involved with some bad people a year or so ago and i was sure the situation would end very badly. One night i really broke down, so distraught he hadn't had a father to guide him.
Around 3 a.m. I woke up. I could feel my husband's arms around me, his breath in my ear, and telling me our son would make it out of this ok, and that he would always be w/ us. An amazing calm i had not felt in decades washed over me. This could not have been a "regular" dream.
I was awake. I felt his hands, still rough from his work. He stroked my hair, his unique choice of words... There was no explanation except i REALLY needed him, needed reassurance and hope about our son.
Fast forward one year and our son is doing very well. I don't think that's just coincidence.

And to those folks who tell the family that "things will get better", STOP! Nothing gets "BETTER"; things CHANGE but they do not get better so please choose your words carefully.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,901 times
I will always remember after my mother passed.. I never cried. I didn't shed a tear at the funeral ( my mother was a really strong, dynamic lady in her thoughts and actions) Anyway she passed at 53 years of age. SO, after the funeral, I kept thinking a light would shimmer or flash out, because of her presence.. and nothing. Then I thought I might smell a sniff of her perfume somewhere and again nothing. Six months goes by and nothing. I visited her grave and long conversations and nothing. Christmases and Easters, Valentines and Thanksgivings went by and nothing. No tears, nothing. This goes on for two and half years.

So one night I go to bed and have this dream. In this dream I was very pissed and running around this house. Everything was wrong, the furniture was covered up with blankets and I had never been to this house. Everything was not familiar and totally chaotic and I was going in circles, 90 miles an hour in this house, because everything was just WRONG! I was a MAD and PISSED CHICK! So all the sudden under this old covered up furniture with blankets, and old black, rotary dial tone phone starts ringing. I was so pissed that it caught me off guard. SO, I just stopped and looked at it and it rang again. So I picked up the phone and said "Hello'? and my mothers voice was on the other end and she said "Honey, everything will be just fine." I paused and started speaking into the phone but I soon heard static that was starting to get louder. I knew it took a lot of energy for her to say those words and now she was gone.. then I was pissed again! I just wanted to talk to my freaking mom for one minute and static was on the other side so I slammed down the receiver and ended the call. ( Almost broke the phone) then I started crying... because I didn't want my mom thinking I was mad at her. I just wanted to talk to her for 2, REPEAT TWO minutes! Oh god, then it tuned into thinking I may have hurt my mothers feeling by slamming the phone down after she spoke! It was too much and I woke up.

I had been crying all night long and was completely drenched when I woke up from crying., but I knew that I had heard her voice and she was trying to tell me that it was time to grieve,.. but all in all, I was so happy just to hear her voice. ( even though I didn't get to say anything) I knew it was her and that made me feel more at peace because she did come to me. So, I try to remember her voice everyday and so far life hasn't been perfect but it's been okay.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 03-05-2014 at 02:28 AM.. Reason: spaces,clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning