Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,314,426 times

Advertisements

MSR....Congratulations! Great that you're being considered for the position. Good luck to you! And good luck with the "weed parties" too...I haven't been my normal "philosophical self" lately. Or much of a "pollyanna."...Just trying to make it through each day the best I can. (For now.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 AM

MSR...Sometimes I give myself "pep talks" and try to zero in on my needs and wants. And I think about the future. (A little bit.)...Sometimes I get in a "funk" and have to stop and "own" my feelings. (For awhile.)...I can be a "mess" at times and "lost." Or I can be stoic and "play soldier."...My moods and paths vary right now. I'm not on "even-keel" quite yet...I try to be patient with myself and don't expect "overnight miracles.".. My head isn't "on straight" yet. It may be a "long road" for me. And I have to accept this. (In order to "stay sane!")

Old 08-07-2013, 07:21 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
MSR...Sometimes I give myself "pep talks" and try to zero in on my needs and wants. And I think about the future. (A little bit.)...Sometimes I get in a "funk" and have to stop and "own" my feelings. (For awhile.)...I can be a "mess" at times and "lost." Or I can be stoic and "play soldier."...My moods and paths vary right now. I'm not on "even-keel" quite yet...I try to be patient with myself and don't expect "overnight miracles.".. My head isn't "on straight" yet. It may be a "long road" for me. And I have to accept this. (In order to "stay sane!")
CA,

I think we all have some really bad times. I had one of the worst days of the last 10 years last week.

What really matters is do we have the ability to get ourselves out of the funk, finding anything that makes us laugh or smile despite our sorrow? Is there a time to see an individual therapist to help us? Or a primary care physician to talk about our symptoms?

So many here have been through incredible circumstances. I do know each person recovers at their own pace. For some that may require using some meds for a while or other help from professionals. I don't think anything differently of people who realize life might be easier with meds or counseling for a while to just feel a little better.

Wishing peace and healing to everyone hurting.

MSR

Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM

MSR...I'm a pretty "smart cookie" even though I've been through some rough times and "losses."...I never let myself totally "drown" in despair or sorrow. At some point I always seem to "rescue myself."...I've been this way all my life. There's something inside of me that says: "Get up! Get moving! Dry off your tears and look for a few reasons to be happy!"...I have "survival skills!" (Thank goodness!)

Old 08-10-2013, 11:48 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Congrats on the invitation to join Anderson, MSR! Would you need to relocate to Houston?

CA and smilin' you two are doing just fine, IMO. Good for both of you!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 PM

Tami...Thanks! I think you're doing great too...We've all come a "long way" and should pat ourselves on the back!...So what if we're still doing "day-by-day!" When the time is "right" we'll progress to another "stage.".. No reason to rush! Or make ourselves "feel bad." It takes time to work-through grief.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:25 AM

My cat "Little T" passed-away last night. It's a big loss because we were so close. And "Little T" was part of my life for over 16 years...I called him my "miracle boy" because he kept "bouncing back" time after time despite his health problems..."Little T" definitely taught me a lot about living "day-by-day." And trying to make each day "count" and each day "special" no matter what!...Now I just have one cat left. (My son's cat "Gracie.")..."Gracie" has always had a lot of "bounce-back" qualities herself. She never lost her sense of "play" despite all of the "losses" she has been through during her life.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Another (((HUG))), CA.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:17 AM

971 posts, read 1,453,292 times
And another (((HUG))) from me as well CA

Bluff

Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
And another (((HUG))) from me as well CA

Bluff
Might as make a third (((hug))) as well.

I hope you have something special planned to honor your faithful friend, source of comfort and confidant. The two of you were there for each other through some very difficulty times. Writing I'm sorry for your loss doesn't seem adequate.

Much like I believe in experiences after death with human spirits I believe our pets can visit too. It might be different. ...like a favorite toy or something that lets you know your precious friend is close by.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning