Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 08:14 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,771,808 times

Advertisements

Be careful of mediums. I was listening to a medium earlier on the radio. A caller lost her husband, and the medium said the husband and the woman's father were together and fine, that the medium "sees" them together. This medium kept going on and on, until finally the woman caller was able to get a word in, and pointed out that her father was still alive. The medium ignored this and kept going, saying a whole lot of nothing. I laughed out loud.

The radio show is called Living Better on the Go with Laura Smith on a NYC station, I don't remember the medium's name, he was a guest on today's show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 09:47 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,263,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Be careful of mediums. I was listening to a medium earlier on the radio. A caller lost her husband, and the medium said the husband and the woman's father were together and fine, that the medium "sees" them together. This medium kept going on and on, until finally the woman caller was able to get a word in, and pointed out that her father was still alive. The medium ignored this and kept going, saying a whole lot of nothing. I laughed out loud.

The radio show is called Living Better on the Go with Laura Smith on a NYC station, I don't remember the medium's name, he was a guest on today's show.
LMAO! If you ever catch his name, please inform us! That is such a "cute" story! Thanks for the giggles.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:12 PM

315 posts, read 211,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
3 years ago when my grandfather died. I wasn't really that close to him but after the funeral my brother and I visited his house and my brother who doesn't believe in God or anything went around the front of the house for some reason i dunno he was there for a while. During that time I turned to look at the back yard and i stopped and looked as if i was in a trance or something and i just saw him smiling me waving at me with a bright light behind him. and i snapped out of it because I didn't know if i just day dreaming or what but I realized i was staring into space. He was 93 years old.
Has anybody had a contact and how did they die if you don't mind telling me?
I don't think I had a contact per se and I am open minded about this sort of thing (might make it more likely to experience it I would think). My brother died recently and both me and my other brother felt like he was there with us for the first few days we were at his house - and then we both sensed that he was no longer there. We both felt it very strongly.

My brother died of cancer.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,265,631 times
They are there and they DO show themselves if you are listening.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:51 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,678,210 times
My Mom and I were avid bird lovers. We really connected later on in life over birds. When she was alive and happy she would always say she was going to come back to me as a bird after she died. On her death bed I told her I was going to be looking up(in the sky) for her. Since then, I have had four, very bizarre and unexplainable bird "occurrences"(?). Too much to write here, but yes, I totally believe in visits from the other side. One Just has to want to see them and you will

Old 06-22-2015, 06:48 PM

343 posts, read 728,369 times
My Dad died about 3 years ago, and Mom almost one year ago. I had been told about "finding dimes" at times which are to be a form of communication from the deceased. My wife's Dad died around the same time as mine, and she has found nearly 20 dimes in the strangest places, usually when handling some of his old business, I on the other hand found one or two, but not enough to convince me that they were a sign of anything.

I had been hesitant to sell my Dad's car ( his pride and joy). I did have a neighbor approach me about buying the car. It had sat so long that the battery was dead. I also was unsure what to do with the condo they had lived in the past ten years. As I was trying to jump start the car, another neighbor came by and asked me what was up with the condo. He told me about another lady who just heard that she had to leave her apartment and needed a place to rent.
It came on so quickly that I might have to sell the car, and rent the condo that I really was torn by the memory of all the times we had.
Well, got the car started and sold, and met with the nicest lady to rent the condo. I wondered what Mom and Dad would think. When the lady gave me a deposit for the condo, I got my wallet out to stick the check in it, and a dime fell out of the wallet. Now understand, I keep my wallet in my left rear pocket and any spare change in my right front pocket. I took that as a sign that Mom and Dad were telling me they were ok with what was happening. I'm starting to believe. Put "finding dimes" in your search engine.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,263,328 times
LOL, guess inflation has hit "over there" too! I'm still stuck on pennies.

Sorry about your folks, OP.

Old 06-23-2015, 10:39 AM

315 posts, read 211,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
They are there and they DO show themselves if you are listening.
I really believe that he was there with us at least at first and then he left to a higher plane, I guess.

I think I dream about my loved ones who have passed all the time but I don't usually remember much of the dreams (if anything at all) when I wake. I always used to think - why don't I dream of my mother - and then I realized I do and very often. I wish they were the kind of dreams I'd remember better.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:24 PM

275 posts, read 398,174 times
When my grandfather died about 27 years ago I was consumed with guilt, because the weekend he died I was the beach with some of my college friends. For months afterwards, I had vivid, intense dreams where he would be staring at me reproachfully. I would wake up drained and weeping. Finally, during one very lucid and disturbing dream, I looked at him and suddenly thought "Wait a minute. That's NOT my grandfather. He did not sit that way. This is not something he would do." He turned to face me, and the eyes were utterly alien. The "thing" smirked, as if to say "So, dumbo, you actually figured it out! Goody for you." The nightmares stopped, thought I did keep having vaguely unsettling dreams.

Shortly afterwards, I had a dream in which I woke up and saw my grandfather standing beside my bed. I cried "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't there when you died. I love you." He looked at me gently and said "I know. It's all right. Everything is all right." I felt like this was really him. I never had another bad dream about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning