Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:19 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Thank you. Not to sound conceited or anything, but I think I was my mother's favorite-probably because I was the last.

She said before she died not to cry for her because she had a good life (for the most part). But, how could I NOT cry for her? She's my mother and I miss her.

Cat
I miss my mommy too but she probably doesn't miss me in the slightest! I was her PITA. ( Just joking but not really) I was honored for her to be my step mother and she passed in 93. She went to the doctor six months before with indigestion and was later diagnosed with liver cancer. I am so much like her and I will always love her. I was in the recliner at the hospital for several nights by her bedside. She had one friend that was there for a week and never left. My mother was one tough gal but very feminine. I have been very lucky in life to know some of the best people of all times. I cherish every memory I have of them and yeah, sometimes I do cry.. I was also there with her when she took her last breath. My hand was on her heart.

I didn't cry for two years because I was in shock. It was if the umbilical cord had been cut and no one else could possibly know you like your mother, or the real you. She finally came to me in a dream ( actually I just heard her voice) and I ended up crying all night long.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-20-2014 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Thank you. Not to sound conceited or anything, but I think I was my mother's favorite-probably because I was the last.

She said before she died not to cry for her because she had a good life (for the most part). But, how could I NOT cry for her? She's my mother and I miss her.

Cat
Your mother loves you and doesn't want to see you suffer. Crying for her is perfectly normal. You both shared a mutually loving and close bond.

And, even though she's not physically present, the memories you two share are very much still alive. You can make peace in your heart with the love you once had continues to grow strong each and every day.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:11 AM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Your mother loves you and doesn't want to see you suffer. Crying for her is perfectly normal. You both shared a mutually loving and close bond.

And, even though she's not physically present, the memories you two share are very much still alive. You can make peace in your heart with the love you once had continues to grow strong each and every day.

I know. For the most part I am ok but every now and again the sadness creeps up on me and hits me like a sledgehammer. Not just for her but for all who I have lost in the last 6 years.

Cat

Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
I know. For the most part I am ok but every now and again the sadness creeps up on me and hits me like a sledgehammer. Not just for her but for all who I have lost in the last 6 years.

Cat
I KNOW. One day, I'll think I'm doing pretty good and maybe even feel guilty that I forgot about my Dad for several hours.

Then I'll picture his empty room and empty chair and think how frail he had gotten and I'll just start crying. I feel like it's going to be a while before I care about my work again. I seem to be in the 'nothing really matters' stage.

Except for my son. He always matters but he's 8 hours away.

I get a stab of fear in my stomach if I really allow myself to dwell on the fact that he's GONE and I will never speak to him or see him again ~ as long as I live.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I KNOW. One day, I'll think I'm doing pretty good and maybe even feel guilty that I forgot about my Dad for several hours.

Then I'll picture his empty room and empty chair and think how frail he had gotten and I'll just start crying. I feel like it's going to be a while before I care about my work again. I seem to be in the 'nothing really matters' stage.

Except for my son. He always matters but he's 8 hours away.

I get a stab of fear in my stomach if I really allow myself to dwell on the fact that he's GONE and I will never speak to him or see him again ~ as long as I live.

But you will see him again-just not in this life.

My grandmother lived to be 99 and 1/2 years young. She once told me that the key to longevity is learning to live with loss. She was a very wise woman.

Cat

Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,642 times
For you widow/ers there's a group called Soaring Spirits.. Through that organization, I have been able to meet other widowed folk local to me.
There's a tab on the page for Regional Groups. Those groups set up get togethers a couple times a month...for dinner, conversations....outings...
They're not all over... yet!
Also, on the sslf webpage, there's all kinds of great resources and information!

I have made some great friends who truly understand this journey.

Peace,
Sue

Soaring Spirits International

Old 05-03-2014, 10:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
I'm so sorry for your losses. I recently lost my grandma (who I was very close with), and throughtout my search of finding a way to deal with her loss I found a website that halped me!!! You can create a memorial page and upload picturs and storys. I'm still working on my grandma's page but working on it helping me to deal with her lost, I hope it will halp you too!
This is the link - Infibond

Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen 13 View Post
I'm so sorry for your losses. I recently lost my grandma (who I was very close with), and throughtout my search of finding a way to deal with her loss I found a website that halped me!!! You can create a memorial page and upload picturs and storys. I'm still working on my grandma's page but working on it helping me to deal with her lost, I hope it will halp you too!
This is the link - Infibond
thank you karen.. i love the idea of online memorials and this site is wonderfull. recommended

Infibond

Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 AM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
Thank you Kim!

I'm glad to hear it's helped you too!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 AM

768 posts, read 718,502 times
My heart goes out to each & everyone posting on here who has suffered the loss of someone you love. It's a devastating jolt of reality that's difficult to accept.

What was helpful to me was writing in a journal. Every day I became the mad scribbler. I couldn't get the words down on the paper fast enough. I would write to my son, about my son, about his son. I wasn't thinking, it somehow just spilled out onto the pages in my book.

After months of writing, bursting out crying (even in public), reading about grief, bringing him home, holding a service, talking with his friends & fighting the reality that my son wasn't coming back, I met with a psychic. It was amazing!

So writing, the psychic & being with my grandson as often as possible helped me get over the worst of the sadness.

Not for everyone, I know. But that's what I did. Now, 5 1/2 years later I have a huge hole in my heart & I carry a degree of sadness wherever I go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning