Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 05:59 AM

218 posts, read 207,669 times

Advertisements

cyn

You must be doing a great job at the pet store, wounder how they got by before you joined them.

I ubderstand your pets are cats, no dogs... right? I know little about cats but believe their independence and feeding habits get along fine with little human contact. The neighbor dogs I often take car of used to live with two cats, on a big male was almost never seen, preferred to stay in an unfinished basement. I would go over once a day to check dry food, fed automatically, and water fed from a storage tank. I'd open a can of wet food and put part in a dish on the basement stairs. This was for less than a week period, guess the sand box made it, I never paid it any attention.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Well I have many cats Jerry--5 I still have from Calif and 5 that began as feral outside cats here but I had them spayed and neutered---so a total of 10 cats. I also have 2 older Basset Hounds--those are the ones I am concerned about but it is only one day a week for 2 weeks that they will get fed later then normal. I do worry about Whitey because he is not a great eater anyhow--he is the kitty with cancer--my late husbands cat. But we will be fine I am sure....
Thank you for the pep talk about the pet store. It's not nearly as simple as I had thought but I try!

Old 12-15-2015, 02:08 PM

48,140 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Since I mentioned it on here.....I want to let you know I just saw my oncologist and my lab work is all good and I dont have to go back for 6 mos.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:30 PM

Happy dance for elston!! Now that is what makes me happy!

Old 12-15-2015, 02:40 PM

218 posts, read 207,669 times
Great, any time is a good time for this report, but to me especially at Christmas The most valuable gift, good health.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:55 PM

Thank You for your kind words and for thinkiing of me. I dont spend a lot of time worrying about a relapse.....until right before one of those check ups. Coming at Christmas...I worried about having to tell my family....bad news. I will never be told I am "cancer free"......but I happily accept....."non detectable levels".

Old 12-16-2015, 05:00 AM

Yes and I agree Jerry--good health is the best gift anytime and especially at Christmas. Today is a lunch for people who have lost a spouse with Hospice. We all take finger foods or appetizers. I decided on taking crackers, cheese and ham. I wish I could be more excited about it but lately I rarely get excited about much of anything. I'm sure that will return someday...soon I hope! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yes and I agree Jerry--good health is the best gift anytime and especially at Christmas. Today is a lunch for people who have lost a spouse with Hospice. We all take finger foods or appetizers. I decided on taking crackers, cheese and ham. I wish I could be more excited about it but lately I rarely get excited about much of anything. I'm sure that will return someday...soon I hope! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

I know that support groups are important and can be helpful part of coping with loss.....but maybe you would be more "excited" about the get together if it were a bit more social and happy and less support around grief. I would be hard put to get together with a room full of people who only shared the loss of a spouse.....thats a hard room to play. Just a thought.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:48 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,323,402 times
Hi Cyn, and everyone.
Hope you are doing fine.

Long time no see, I know... been feeling so-so because of my ear infection, still not that good... Miranda and the hubby were sick all of last week, and still coughing a little... Nothing serious, just seasonal stuff I guess.
Preparing for the Holidays is hard work too... We are going to Normandy for Christmas, and will be spending the New Year here. I can't believe it's almost there!

Have a nice day, everyone.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:28 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,206,774 times
Hope everyone is doing OK as the holiday season approaches. I know it is hard for many and for those of us who's loved ones passed even if long ago. Some years are easier than others but we have to continue on.

Find a passion just don't go overboard like I did with trying to save all the animals I could find. Finally realized that I could fill the house but that wouldn't bring back my beloved husband. Now 15 years later life goes on but holidays are still the hardest for me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning