Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 09:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

That is such a cute story elston...made me smile. And yes, I do share my food with my babies.
So I sat with my new family at church today...an emotional day for me as I decided to stop my ADHD meds as I know and even the doctor mentioned they can cause anorexia....so I cut down for a few days and then stopped. Probably a little to fast but I want to feel hungry and eat! The food yesterday was wonderful! But today I have been very emotional---I know it's the drug withdrawal but it won't last that long and meantime I am making a point of eating good food! Oh my---I'll probably end up pudgy! I got a lot of hugs at church as everyone there seems to already know I am having a hard time, maybe not all of the reasons but they can see it in my face I am sure. Hugs are the best medicine. Oddly today we had a discussion about mental illness in Sunday school and how the churches don't do or say much about it. Crazy for it to be that particular subject.......God does work in strange ways!

Old 11-30-2014, 02:14 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is such a cute story elston...made me smile. And yes, I do share my food with my babies.
So I sat with my new family at church today...an emotional day for me as I decided to stop my ADHD meds as I know and even the doctor mentioned they can cause anorexia....so I cut down for a few days and then stopped. Probably a little to fast but I want to feel hungry and eat! The food yesterday was wonderful! But today I have been very emotional---I know it's the drug withdrawal but it won't last that long and meantime I am making a point of eating good food! Oh my---I'll probably end up pudgy! I got a lot of hugs at church as everyone there seems to already know I am having a hard time, maybe not all of the reasons but they can see it in my face I am sure. Hugs are the best medicine. Oddly today we had a discussion about mental illness in Sunday school and how the churches don't do or say much about it. Crazy for it to be that particular subject.......God does work in strange ways!

Any Day I Can give you a smile....is a good day!

Old 11-30-2014, 02:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,850,298 times
I wanna give you and Elston a Big hug Cyn

Peace and love to ya both!!

Old 11-30-2014, 03:18 PM

Felt good friend--thanks!
I got a call this afternoon asking if I would like to join the Church's "Joy" group on a 4 day by the sea at Fort Caswell...oh how I would have love to join them. Guess they had a cancellation so they called me but Taz is in very poor condition right now and I would hate for me not to be here if something did happen and I'd never put that off on my wonderful neighbors. So bad timing but there will be other activities with better timing. Right now my place is here with Taz.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Felt good friend--thanks!
I got a call this afternoon asking if I would like to join the Church's "Joy" group on a 4 day by the sea at Fort Caswell...oh how I would have love to join them. Guess they had a cancellation so they called me but Taz is in very poor condition right now and I would hate for me not to be here if something did happen and I'd never put that off on my wonderful neighbors. So bad timing but there will be other activities with better timing. Right now my place is here with Taz.
Yes

Old 12-01-2014, 08:03 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
I am so proud of you Cyn. You have come a very long way. Have a great day.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:59 AM

Cyn.....hoping that Taz is feeling and doing better.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:01 PM

It's not feeling better or worse--it's just the signs that I know that her time is limited. She is sitting in my lap right now but earlier she wanted to go outside--desperately. So I take her out to smell the breeze and other critters and walk in the leaves--she wants to feel all of that....it's like a last chance to hear, see, feel the world. I understand. I just have to watch her because if given the chance she would disappear. Cats have a tendency to want to pass away in private. I'm not saying it will be today or even tomorrow but her days are numbered. It breaks my heart to pieces. As I hold her skinny body and rub her at least she knows I love her. Today has been emotional. Lots of days are emotional it seems. My therapist said I am doing so well by getting things done I should feel good about myself--but for some reason I never feel like it is enough or good enough. I am my own worst critic. Part of that stems from Gordie being such a perfectionist...it was very hard to please him all the time and I guess it rubbed off on me. I've been told that is something I need to work on. So I will try. So for now I am going to rub my skinny little girl and love her as much as I can!

Old 12-02-2014, 11:30 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Oh poor kitty. God bless.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:35 PM

Took her to the vet this morning....not sure if he's just trying to make her a patient or if he really thinks she is not as bad as I think. He said her heart is good and her muscle mass is good but she cries all the time like she has dementia and I don't know if that is fair to have her put down because of that but I don't think she is happy. He gave her a shot and some anxiety chews so we'll see how tonight goes. Last night was horrible. Seems like she is already starting up with the crying.. Just sort of like she is lost. She doesn't even enjoy just sitting with me now. This is breaking my heart really--it's like she is not my kitty now. I guess that is how people get too. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I am very sad just thinking about it. Hopefully she will feel better for awhile longer an be her old self---I pray but.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning