Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have a lot to think about and consider from my meeting with my new therapist. She may be a lot better then I gave her credit for. Every therapist is so different as is their approach. And of course this whole thing is new for me too--the grief thing. She is starting to dig into my life but in a good way--an interesting way. She is making me ask myself lots of questions about what I want...questions I have been asking for awhile now. At least I have someone to discuss it with now. It does hurt because I am so tired of being so easy and soft--hurt so easily. What happened to my self-confidence? My self worth.....Seems like it just vanished and I am not even sure when. Lots of work ahead for me it seems.
It will be painful to work with the therapist, but a very rewarding journey, to be sure. She sounds like a good one. You will find your self confidence again.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:48 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Glad your Sunday went well, Cyn. I'm happy you found this new family.
I don't remember my baptism because I was only 4 months old, but it happened on Christmas day, which I always thought was a quite something.

We went to church too, which is unusual for us since Miranda couldn't be around people until recently, and we got used to doing our own thing at home - but Miranda started choir practice last month and the kids sang at one of yesterday's service. It was very cute, but you could see that the sweetpea was a bit lost at times, as it was her first time ever performing in front of a lot of people, and because she hasn't had as much practice as the others (they all started in late August). Then of course we stayed for the service and Miranda did very well, but kept waiting for Jesus to show up, she really thought he was going to be physically there! It's still hard for her to understand that he is there, but only in spirit.

Have a nice day everyone.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Amen Jaxson. Loved the video. I am still like an infant in a new world but I know it is the right direction and I am so ready to find my life and my reason for life!

Old 11-10-2014, 06:33 AM

I love hearing all about Miranda Sudcaro. So sweet and so innocent. I would love to give that child the world on a string but I am sure you already have in the love you give her!

Old 11-10-2014, 10:30 AM

14,950 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It was all and more then I had hoped for. It was a strange but good feeling. One I will always treasure. Right after the baptism the priest asked if I would become a member of their church and for all of those members who agreed to say so. It was lovely. The people are so nice and I feel like I have a home here. I missed my grieving meeting because I had a transmission man come out to look at all the parts we have. Not sure how it went---he said he does want them but the price is going to be low. It will be a lot of work for him to come and get them all and them go through it, pick out what he wants and then sell or use the rest. I understand. Yes, I feel sad knowing how much love, and time and money my DH put into all of those things but that was him. Had things worked out the way we had planned those parts surely would have made a nice retirement, a little at a time selling online. But things changed so I just have to accept that and pray I will get enough to at least have a little nest egg. Anyhow my day had it's usual ups and downs but being one with God was one of the best up moments in my life!
That's wonderful to hear, Cyn. Your spiritual experience during your Baptism, and with your fellow church members will be ongoing, and I hope it'll lift you up and carry you through those difficult times you're going through now, and be a source of hope and comfort to you.

While under different circumstances those transmission and other automotive parts might have brought in more money, you're doing what you can do, what you must do to sell them, and I also pray that doing so will bring in enough money to be a cushion for you.

I hope your day is a good one, and as productive as you need for it to be.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:38 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Cyn, I had some family emergency and could not login at all. How have you been sweety? Hope all is well at your end. I can see you are starting to feel a little happy. I am so gald!

Old 11-11-2014, 06:58 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
Not attempting to hijack the thread but today is Veterans Day. I want to thank all who have served our country.
Three generations of my family have served. My Dad, myself, two of my sons, uncles and others I have known. One of my best friends died in Vietnam.
If anyone on this thread has served I thank you.
Someone once said "He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither".
There are those who want us to give up our freedom for false security. We still have both though both are being tested.
We only still remain to have, and will continue to have our way of life because past, present, and future veterans were and are willing to fight for it.
Cyn, I'm glad you joined the church and got baptized. And if your DH was a veteran, I salute him.
And I salute you for being the strong person that you are.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:44 AM

Amen!

Old 11-12-2014, 03:43 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Hello Friends!

We are home from our trip to Japan. As always, it was wonderful, we experienced such kindness and generosity. All the family were well and we had some memorable times together. Masa and I also visited some wonderful areas as tourists.
The flight is always arduous....but even though long and uncomfortable.....it is worth it.

I see that you are all doing well.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:23 AM

Good to have you back elston. You have been missed. I did not get on with another thread as I had hoped but it seems this grief thing goes on and although it is depressing and lonely just coming here and getting encouragement helps so much so for now I am here!
So happy your trip was wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.