Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 11:38 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Hello everyone.
I haven't slept last night, I was so overwhelmed, it's crazy... Miranda had a hard time going to sleep too.

Check this out! That's us:

Lady Antebellum, Friends Sing for Charity - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken

(end of hijacking thread, I promise)
Nice to "meet" you! That's so great that Miranda and you got to see and meet her favorite band- and that picture is a great way to memorialize that event.

I'm so happy that it worked out so well.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 AM

14,956 posts, read 12,166,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
That is to cool Sudcaro! It's funny because I have written back and forth on FB to Morgan Fogarty from our local Fox news station here. She recently had a baby and is really into taking care of those people in situations like yours. I was writing her on FB when I stopped to jump back and see if I could find a contact number for her for you and read this post. Best news yet!! What a beautiful picture...will always be a treasure!
Foggy and damp here today. Go figure--I just went out and bought a cheapo humidifier. My skin has been so itchy and my eyes burn so I figured it was the heater drying out the air. I also got a new good heater filter but charged that at Lowes. Still have to pay but at least not today! Smile. I have been trying so hard to list things and I have to really admire how my DH did such a great job at that. He's put up so many things in one day and it seems to take me forever. Course I have to do other things in-between...or so I think I do! Anyhow I gave a very low offer price on my DH's Snap-On mechanics tool box---it is several in one--stacked and worth probably $10,000 if I had more of the tools still in it but I have been selling those individually trying to just keep things going here. Anyhow this is the man that came out and spent the entire day Saturday going through many of those boxes in my shop---plus he really wants it so I made him a deal he can't refuse but I am keeping the tools. I hope he takes it. Maybe he will keep trying to find some buyers for some of those things out there! Fingers crossed. Anyhow back to listing so an extra hug for my baby Miranda and her mama for the prayers being answered!
Cyn, that's so sweet of you to try and see what you could do to get the Sweet Pea and her family in to see Lady Antebellum- it was all the networking and let's see what we can do spirit after all, that made it happen.

Keeping fingers crossed that your listing will pick up- maybe your DH's spirit watching over you will help you with that.

He'd be mighty proud of you, you know.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:06 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,331 times
Sudcaro, so glad to see the update about your little one. I couldn't login for a few days and when i read about how she couldnt meet her favorite band, I was upset.
Nice to see the good update.

Cyn, with Christmas on the way, its possible your sales will dramatically go up.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:22 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
Hoping so Maila!
Today I have been very busy....it's amazing how hard it is to just "give" things away! I have all of these box fulls of yard sale items we'd been saving over the last 7 years hopefully to have our own yard sale. Well honestly the work it would take and spiders and dust those boxes have gathered is not worth the money. I know I could never do it alone and really there is not anything in there worth much so I took about 8 boxes of clothes to the clothing ministry where all they take is clothes and after a lot of driving around I found a man who has a second hand store who was thrilled about it. So he and his friend---good people as they have been in business here for years and my DH and I knew them from seeing and talking to them around town. His friend who will be helping is a church Deacon. Anyhow he is bringing up a truck and trailer and his friend to take all of those items next Tuesday (I hope) and there is a lot!!! That will be a big load off of my mind----and I hope they can make some money from it all. I know they can!! That will give us more room to move the other boxes of parts around too.! I'm beat.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:34 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times
Hi Cyn
Wonderful that the guys are going to get this stuff. A big relief for you, as you won't have to do this job by yourself. And being able to declutter part of your house will declutter part of your mind too!
Big hugs

Old 10-31-2014, 12:56 PM

819 posts, read 1,593,346 times
Happy Halloween everyone. Had tons of fun taking my 4 year old granddaughter trick or treating in our downtown area, then met her mom for lunch and took her back to her day care for her Halloween Party! She wears us out, but we love it. Oh, we also took candy and handed it out to residents at the Assisted Living Facility her great grandmother was in.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:56 AM

Odd, I didn't even know yesterday was Halloween--and that today is Saturday--total loss of memory it seems. Very cold, rainy and windy with snow in the mountains--brrrr. I just want to crawl back in bed!

Old 11-01-2014, 07:49 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,325,215 times
This cold weather is crazy! Here it's windy, and there's some wintry mix falling, but other parts of town have snow... And to think we were wearing tank tops this week!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:47 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
Odd, I didn't even know yesterday was Halloween--and that today is Saturday--total loss of memory it seems.
Ahhhhh honey,not to worry......... You have alot on your mind!!

God bles you CYN,i hope your OK for the most part honey!!

Old 11-01-2014, 06:08 PM

I wish I was okay Dude---have really been having some "off" days lately. I keep hearing it's all normal but it gets real old real quick. Today has been one of those days--so very sad--maybe church tomorrow will cheer me up. I was going to not go because this man was going to pick up an item he bought on ebay but then he called and said it won't be tomorrow so now I can go to church. I probably need church more then the sale really anyhow. He's already paid for the item so I don't care when he comes to get it really. My DH's son came over and didn't have anything good to say about the things in the garage/shop. Now that some of the boxes are open he looked in them and shrugged and said I should just take what I can get and it won't be much. I'm just leaving it in Gods hands--he's always done good by me so I'm not going to try to change that. I will be happy to get rid of that yard sale stuff and I looked through some of it today and that guy will be able to make some good money too. There is enough for a person like him who has a store where he can put it out and take time to sell it---I don't have that option and I need the room and just to get rid of it. So I pray he makes enough to make it worth his while! I'm sure he will. It's so cold here today---windy and really cold. I am so not ready for the cold.....ugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.