Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 02:29 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times

Advertisements

I am doing pretty well with the uncertainty............que sera sera...........but then again there hasnt been any unpleasntness.....the cost of the job will be significant....so the insurance co will be motivated to do it on the cheap or to deny it.....we shall see. Que Sera Sera.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:55 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Hope you get the best result possible with your roof, elston. Our house was appraised for less than our agreed-upon price by $9,800. So, the seller will lower the price to the appraised amount and sell it to us for that price. Then, our appraisal report mentioned that it's in a flood plain. Oh, great, extra insurance from the FEMA connection, etc. So, the seller has hired someone to do a flood elevation and flood report and if it's at a high enough elevation our flood insurance would be less expensive. And we'd still be interested in the house. If it's too high we'll bow out of that house in our hunt and look for others. So it goes - the constant push and shove that goes on in the pursuit of the best deals and the best fit for us.

Good news from the New Mexico RT Board - I'm now "active" and licensed! I'll be able now to work on patients and make some good progress learning my old workplace's new sleep hardware and software and the overall work flow that happens nightly here. Feeling a bit tired - it's my last night of work and then I'll get 4 days off. I'm planning on doing our 2017 Fed/State income taxes on Sunday, now that I don't have to spend my off-time looking for my past state licenses. I'm learning from this whole thing - from now on keep everything together in one place and protect them carefully!

Good Friday nights to all of you!

Old 03-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hope you get the best result possible with your roof, elston. Our house was appraised for less than our agreed-upon price by $9,800. So, the seller will lower the price to the appraised amount and sell it to us for that price. Then, our appraisal report mentioned that it's in a flood plain. Oh, great, extra insurance from the FEMA connection, etc. So, the seller has hired someone to do a flood elevation and flood report and if it's at a high enough elevation our flood insurance would be less expensive. And we'd still be interested in the house. If it's too high we'll bow out of that house in our hunt and look for others. So it goes - the constant push and shove that goes on in the pursuit of the best deals and the best fit for us.

Good news from the New Mexico RT Board - I'm now "active" and licensed! I'll be able now to work on patients and make some good progress learning my old workplace's new sleep hardware and software and the overall work flow that happens nightly here. Feeling a bit tired - it's my last night of work and then I'll get 4 days off. I'm planning on doing our 2017 Fed/State income taxes on Sunday, now that I don't have to spend my off-time looking for my past state licenses. I'm learning from this whole thing - from now on keep everything together in one place and protect them carefully!

Good Friday nights to all of you!
Congratulations on your professional certification! That's one thing out of the way and successfully resolved. Now good luck on finding a home.....that is so important and has eluded you in three or is it four states. Time to find a HOME.

Old 03-10-2018, 03:54 AM

elko......someone thought my comment to you was "snarky" and "not nice" and chose to express that to me in a "reputation comment" (which to my way of thinking is "snarky and not nice".)

I hope that wasn't the way you took it. I really meant the congratulations on your certification, I know how hard you have worked for that and how essential it is to your job satisfaction. I also was commiserating and feeling empathy about the obstacles you have faced (and overcome) finding a home. Having moved multiple times in recent years and several times, like you, cross-country, I do understand the difficulty and the importance of finding a HOME......and I sincerely wish you well in that regard.

If I in anyway offended you, I am sorry. It was unintentional. I think there is someone, who I offend and the way they deal with it is to stalk me and send negative and passive-aggressive reputation comments. I think those comments are undeserved. I think I know who it is.

Elko I hope that you know I didn't intend to criticise you or to make you feel bad.

Last edited by elston; 03-10-2018 at 04:30 AM..

Old 03-10-2018, 04:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
I didn't see it as not nice or snarky elston--guess as usual everyone has their own opinion!
I am happy for you elko....
And elston you picked one of my favorite songs/sayings "Que Sera Sera". My mother use to say that to us when we were children all the time!
Hope your plants survived this cold Molly! Some of my neighbors had some trees covered...not sure how the veggie gardens did. Warmer today!
Have a lovely day everyone!

Old 03-10-2018, 06:32 AM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Happy Saturday everyone!
Elston, I did not think your reply was anything other than sincerely wishing elko well.
My spring plants and flowers have survived this cold-snap so far, despite the temperature being 32 degrees here yesterday morning. We have another cold front coming through in a few days, then after that I think we will get back to normal.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Old 03-10-2018, 06:41 PM

Good Night everyone. I am going to turn my bedside clock ahead one hour....so when I fall to sleep it will be almost 9:30 .... close to my usual bedtime. Baxter is always ready for bed...so he wont mind. See you all tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:13 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Congratulations on your professional certification! That's one thing out of the way and successfully resolved. Now good luck on finding a home.....that is so important and has eluded you in three or is it four states. Time to find a HOME.

Oh, for goodness sakes, elston, it wasn't me that gave you that reputation. If whoever did it left a comment on there that didn't resonate very well, they're the person you're talking about. It was not me! We have some good and positive history on here and, no, we don't always agree on everything, but who really does agree on everything? I have found your honesty and helpful spirit to be enlightening and always interesting and so please don't think it was me getting irritated with you.

We haven't always agreed on every topic, but, for goodness sakes, who does? I'm repeating myself.

You take care and I hope this person bugs off and leaves you alone. I am always suspicious of people who "stalk" others, even online. With all the morons today taking people out because they were "wronged" in some way or made fun of or...whatever, it's really pretty suspicious when someone carries on this way.

elston and everyone else on here - enjoy the rest of your Saturday nights and your Sunday's as well!

Old 03-11-2018, 05:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Well here I am at 7am...slept until 5:30 new time and got up at 6am. Have to work on this for sure. It's just very dark cause it's cloudy. I was awake off and on most of the night. Had several strange dreams and they woke me up. My dogs will take a bit of time to get use to getting up so early too! We could sleep in later except with my work hours as they are I need to feed my dogs when we get up and again before I go to work. If I feed them later in the morning it makes it pretty close for the afternoon feeding and feeding them after work is pretty late. Guess everyone is doing some adjusting!
Hope you all have a blessed day!

Old 03-11-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

Oh, for goodness sakes, elston, it wasn't me that gave you that reputation. If whoever did it left a comment on there that didn't resonate very well, they're the person you're talking about. It was not me! We have some good and positive history on here and, no, we don't always agree on everything, but who really does agree on everything? I have found your honesty and helpful spirit to be enlightening and always interesting and so please don't think it was me getting irritated with you.

We haven't always agreed on every topic, but, for goodness sakes, who does? I'm repeating myself.

You take care and I hope this person bugs off and leaves you alone. I am always suspicious of people who "stalk" others, even online. With all the morons today taking people out because they were "wronged" in some way or made fun of or...whatever, it's really pretty suspicious when someone carries on this way.

elston and everyone else on here - enjoy the rest of your Saturday nights and your Sunday's as well!

elko......I know it wasnt you and I am so ready to drop it. I think I have it all figured out....and it isnt worth worrying about and I promise to just let it go from now on.

Have a great Sunday and good luck. you are right.....we have some good and positive hx......Let It Be!

We can all let it go now....and I promise I won't bring anything like this up again. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning