Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,022,438 times

Advertisements

yes.....sweet memories......of a good boy.

I am glad that he is able to enjoy these warm sunny days.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:10 PM

815 posts, read 982,940 times
Yes, cyn, the best thing you can do is enjoy spending time with them now, and take comfort in knowing that they are happy and loved.
I wish I had some magical words that would take away your pain and grief, but I don't.
All I can do is offer my support and understanding of how incredibly heartbreaking this is for you.
You are not alone.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Yes, cyn, the best thing you can do is enjoy spending time with them now, and take comfort in knowing that they are happy and loved.
I wish I had some magical words that would take away your pain and grief, but I don't.
All I can do is offer my support and understanding of how incredibly heartbreaking this is for you.
You are not alone.
My thoughts exactly....but said so well by you Molly.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:34 PM

354 posts, read 416,437 times
Hi Cyn,
My heart is reaching out to you. Oh, I know the feeling of pain and numbness. Our pets have been our life line when we became widowed. You certainly are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Hugs to you Cyn.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Thank you from my heart to all of you. I do love my fur-babies! I am going to miss them so much!
New problem...went to work and the new manager who will not be at the store until Monday left a new work schedule and I have 0 hours next week. She told the girl I work with the most she doesn't like my hours and wants to see what other hours I will be able to work. I guess that means I still have a job--I hope--and I will take any hours. Not sure why she thinks my boss gave me those hours anyhow--it is the middle of the day and early evening and usually the busy time. Guess I'll just have to go and talk with her and tell her I'll work any hours. I do have seniority there but my arm may cause a problem. I did have the surgery while employed there so not sure. Just more to think about I guess. At least I have a pet sitting job next week so that will cover my money loss from work pretty much! I sure didn't need this.....

Old 05-10-2018, 06:21 AM

"If its not one thing.....its another" That old saying about how one problem can follow another.....seemingly endlessly. Try to keep your head above water.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:33 AM

815 posts, read 982,940 times
Cyn, please go talk to the new manager asap and get the situation figured out.
I don't want to worry you, but something doesn't sound right. Absolutely do not rely on getting the information second hand from a co-worker.
Meet the new manager face to face. There may be some sort of miscommunication.
You are absolutely right that the timing could not be worse, but unfortunately it rarely is. Life is complicated that way.
Do not let this bring you down. You are a strong, brave, compassionate and very capable woman.

Old 05-10-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Cyn, please go talk to the new manager asap and get the situation figured out.
I don't want to worry you, but something doesn't sound right. Absolutely do not rely on getting the information second hand from a co-worker.
Meet the new manager face to face. There may be some sort of miscommunication.
You are absolutely right that the timing could not be worse, but unfortunately it rarely is. Life is complicated that way.
Do not let this bring you down. You are a strong, brave, compassionate and very capable woman.
What She Said.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:02 AM

I have already made plans to talk to the new manager on Monday and that is the first day she will actually be at our store. Apparently she needs to work out my hours---I hope that is all but a week with no hours is not right either! As you said Molly--something doesn't sound right here. Jobs are scarce in this area so I will do whatever I can to keep this one. Thanks for all the love everyone!

Old 05-11-2018, 05:05 AM

I know I am doing the right thing with my dogs but it is so hard....today is my last day with them and I have to work. They will sleep while I am at work since it is suppose to be very hot here--I will leave on the A/C as I always do for them! I am a mixed bag of emotions with all that is going on here. Just have to keep moving forward!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.