Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 08:49 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I have a Basset Hound and 5 outside kitties that found me so I had them spayed and neutered years ago and 4 inside cats aging quickly. I had my 27 year old cat put down last year..sigh..that was hard but the worst of all way my Taz...my love of 23 years I had to have put down just a couple of months after my DH passed. She left me feeling empty because we were so close. The dog was my husbands but we are bonding now. He still looks for my husband. My animals are my life. I love them all and do everything I can for them.
"He prayeth best who loveth best;
All creatures great and small.
For the dear Lord who made and loveth us;
He made and loveth all."

You have such a good heart dear lady.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:38 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
I never had a pet of my own but I can see your love towards them. They sure are blessed to have you.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:26 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
I wouldn't trade any of my critters--including the outside cats with any one human being. Any person who may choose to stay in my home would have to accept the critters take first stage--we take the back stage. I Was lucky with my late DH...as controlling as he could be he always respected my critters and loved them as much as I do. For that reason I could put up with a lot of other things. Loved loved loved James Harriot. Read every one of his books and loved them all! Night everyone. Dark is closing in and although the day was lovely I am tired and my eyes are getting quite tired. I worked a lot today to try to make up for some things I purchased online---a new really big cat tree! I also got BuBu a Gong bone that squeaks! Hope they love it!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:39 AM

Me oh my--another cloudy rainy day here....enough already. At least so far it isn't that cold. It is so hard for me to get going when the weather is like this---not sure how weather effects us but it sure does! My driveway looks like a mud pit and I don't know what to do about it. I've started driving across the lawn just to avoid making the pit worse. I know it will eventually all soak up but until then--ugh. Wish I could send it to California. They are having a 4 year drought and it's not nice. Amber told me she is sending me tickets to come to visit with them for a week or so. I'm sure my neighbors will watch and feed my critters although I will worry--that is what I do. They took good care of them when my DH was in the hospital and I had to stay there with him for that week so I feel pretty comfortable with them. I know Amber can't afford tickets for me either so that is really sweet of her and her DH. She is just worried. Time to try to list a few items as it's free listing today!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
Cyn, I'm sure visiting your daughter and being away from your house would do you a lot of good - I'm sure you need a real change of scenery. Your critters will be taken care of, as I know you would not leave them if you didn't have someone you know is trustworthy to look after them. And I know you would miss them, but it would just be for a short time.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:55 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Cyn, sending book out today. Wishing you and all a Happy Day!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:28 PM

Thank you! So sweet of you smilin'!
I'm considering going to bed but I know I can't sleep..of course nothing is on tv and I don't think I can sit through a movie on the lap top--to anxious. Guess I'll take a shower and see where I go from there!

Old 03-03-2015, 01:21 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Thank you! So sweet of you smilin'!
I'm considering going to bed but I know I can't sleep..of course nothing is on tv and I don't think I can sit through a movie on the lap top--to anxious. Guess I'll take a shower and see where I go from there!
Cyn, do you bake? Maybe a cake will do some good? Will get the mind diverted.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:20 PM

No--I quit cooking when my DH started up tube feedings....just can't make myself even think of cooking anything. Eating is hard enough--I throw it into the microwave and it's dinner. Now when I go out with others I eat like a horse so I don't get it---I guess it's just eating alone or cooking alone. Not much fun. I sure could go for some sushi but I never even ordered it my DH always did so I wouldn't even know what to get. How silly. Or dumb! Animals are done for the night and so am I. I will try very hard to stay up until dark but no promises.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:21 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Dear Cyn,

The first year of widowhood I lost 32 pounds, food did not have any flavor, like eating cardboard so I only ate food that contained nutrition and stayed away from sugar and carbs. I only ate to survive, please know this is normal. 2.8 years later I gained most of the weight back and I am trying to lose it.

The book arrives on Thursday. I hope you like it, or at least can relate to it.
Sleep well, Cynn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.