Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 01:22 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times

Advertisements

It's late, I'm tired, I'll talk to you tomorrow, (later today) but I just had to say that I felt a bit better today. I ate half decent food, brushed my teeth, washed dishes, and changed my clothes! All on the same day! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2020, 10:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's late, I'm tired, I'll talk to you tomorrow, (later today) but I just had to say that I felt a bit better today. I ate half decent food, brushed my teeth, washed dishes, and changed my clothes! All on the same day! LOL
Lol, you goof!! Yeah, it was late alright. No teeth to brush, no dishes to wash and I stay in my pajamas since I am not going anywhere today.

I got my peaceful time this morning cuz I woke up and got up at 4:45 a.m. That lasted until 7. I had a bagel and strawberry cream cheese at 8:30 and laid down for a nap. Got 30 minutes before being woken up by the pita talking to me as she came down the hall. Never looks to see if I am sleeping and then cops an attitude because I wake up grumpy!

I have been puttering around my room. Dusting, changing the air filter to my room a/c vent, changing the birds' paper.

Tomorrow is Wally-World senior hour. If I wake up nice and early tomorrow morning again, think I will try and go stand in line for some bacon. Turkey bacon because real bacon is not allowed in the house. Oscar Meyer's is good though. It smells and tastes just like the real thing.

A bank branch down in Punta Gorda closed up this morning. They don't have a drive-thru. Whoever approved that property to be bought for a bank, really screwed up bigtime! Drive-thrus are at least 50% of a bank's business I would think. IDK if those poor people will be absorbed by other branches.

Hagd. Stay safe and healthy.

Old 04-07-2020, 12:22 AM

I wish that I had strawberry cream cheese. My stomach has been a bit touchy this last week, but I could eat that.

Thank whomever, but Mr. disapproving steel tipped boots goes back to work tomorrow. I had two parents; I don't need a third. I will wake up early to empty my bladder, fall back to sleep, then boots will wake me up again.

I have no desire to shop at that time of day. I never have and I never will. I'm not a morning person. Decades and decades of having to get up early have not made me a morning person. I'm really grumpy and not happy if I have to do anything before 8 AM.

Years ago, my sister asked me if I ever (a)woke feeling rested or good. I told her that I had once in a while. She said that she never had. Every morning was a struggle. Most of mine are. My brain doesn't understand people who go to a gym before work. It takes me 15 minutes to find my feet.

No bacon? Turkey isn't bacon. I don't care to discuss religion, diet, and bacon, but I'll just say that stuff goes on when it comes to bacon. Wink, wink. Nod, nod.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Good almost afternoon. Another hot and humid day here. It was 73° already when I got up at 5:30 this morning. I got 15 minutes of "me" time before "she" came out.

The only reason I used to be a morning person, G, was because I had to get up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for work for 25 years. I was an opener for both MickeyD's and BK when I worked for them and when I worked my hot stamping job, I had to be at work by 6, had an hour commute. So now, if I wake up early, I more than likely will go back and take a nap at some point.

The weekend and Monday and Tuesday mornings were so quiet on the highway that it sounded like living in a normal neighborhood. Yesterday and today though sound like everyone is on the road...all day! I can't figure it out.

I have been practicing Stay Home safety BUT neither of my housemates do. They go out every single day. That does not make me a happy camper. I was planning on going out tomorrow to get some smokes and munchies and "she" just came out and told me the news just said there will be a total lockdown of everything by this weekend. Oh my. I guess I better get dressed and go learn to stand in line now. I think I am properly motivated.

Tooda-loo. Stay safe and healthy.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:25 PM

I was sure that there was a huge multi-car pileup and at least several buildings burning... but it was just the local police and fire department driving the Easter bunny around town. Whew!

Old 04-13-2020, 08:33 AM

Good morning. The cops drove Easter Bunnies around Plymouth county yesterday too. They posted the routes and times of where they would be and parents took the kids out to see "him" drive by. People are coming up with such ideas to keep the socializing going. I am realizing just how addicted people are to socializing nowadays. Maybe it's because of being an only child that I don't understand the need.

We were without internet most of the day and night. Maybe the heat had something to do with it. It was 94° yesterday. It was 79° at 5:45 a. m. when I got up this morning! Hmmmm, can't wait until summer gets here! NOT.

Not going out today. I will wait until tomorrow. IDK why, I just like going out on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am having such a hard time with CheapoAir, I may end up eating my $371 total tickets. They are making it near impossible to jump through their hoops. All phone numbers they put in their post go to a robo telling ya that no one can answer their phones and it hangs up. All 4 numbers! I haven't tried today yet. I don't want to get in a really bad mood. Or worse mood, I should say.

Hagd everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:51 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,874,096 times
Hi everyone, lovely sunny day in England today. Neighours got a new dog that loves to bark at me for some reason, but it hasn't killed me yet so that's nice.

Have fun.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Hi everyone, lovely sunny day in England today. Neighours got a new dog that loves to bark at me for some reason, but it hasn't killed me yet so that's nice.

Have fun.
Did you post in the dead people forum for any particular reason?

It was pretty nice in my little corner of the US today. It was sunny and not terribly cold. The wind was a bit brisk, but it was much better than ice and subfreezing temperatures.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:17 PM

Hi everyone! The kid went to the supermarket today and found salad things, yogurt, beef, and more. We don't need paper. I asked for decaf coffee, cookies, avocados, and whatever. I got two avocados. Two? He said that there were only 6 and he didn't want to take all of them. OK.

He did remember butter, but forgot cottage cheese or cream cheese. Whatever.

Old 04-18-2020, 09:17 AM

Good morning back! Did the kid have a list? I hate to admit I have even forgotten stuff I had on a list. At least he got the butter!

I went out Thursday and got myself more munchies.

The other day when I went to the Podiatrist, the assistant walked in and I immediately said "I like your gloves!" She replied "I like yours too!" She had a pretty pink on and I had a vibrant pink on.

IDK, I'm thinking I made the right decision about canceling going up North, at least for the time being. I talked to my gf up there and she told me she "can't" wear a mask no matter how hard she tries. Yuck, that is not good. Not in my book at least. I know August is still so far away but it was the only thing I had looked forward to since basically 2008 when hubby got diagnosed. Plus these people were mutual friends of ours.

I keep meaning to ask....does anyone else have to sign in every time they come on? I have to. Never had to before. I was wondering if it is just me or did C-D change something?

It's so stinking hot here and muggy. You can see the air and cut it with a knife. We had one day of relief, Thursday, it got to only 71° but went back to in the mid 90°s yesterday. This is nasty. Lol, of course if I were up North, I would be complaining it was too cold, rainy, snowy.

So far, so good.

Hagd everyone.

Stay safe and healthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning