Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2020, 09:41 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times

Advertisements

Nothing has changed for me, Tami, when I sign on. Are you using the "new, updated" CD address, the one that has the "s" on the http://?

Got my car inspected for registration the end of the month. Passed but got a notice that the battery did not pass a "load" when they did a test, thus recommended a new battery. I mentioned I had gotten it not too long ago from AAA, and the guy mentioned to see if it had a warranty.

So I did, and it did. Called AAA, explained, and the guy with the truck with batteries on it came out within an hour and a half, put the new battery in, and went on his way. No cost to me whatsoever. Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 11:23 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Tam, you don't want to come up here. There are far too many sick people in all of the cities. You made the right choice. You're not allowed to die because I need to talk to you. I didn't want to place that burden upon you, but it's true. I would still have 77, but a club of two is a bit small.

I don't like too hot, though it's been chilly, cloudy, and very windy here. I've been drinking hot tea and using my heating pad.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Nothing has changed for me, Tami, when I sign on. Are you using the "new, updated" CD address, the one that has the "s" on the http://?

Got my car inspected for registration the end of the month. Passed but got a notice that the battery did not pass a "load" when they did a test, thus recommended a new battery. I mentioned I had gotten it not too long ago from AAA, and the guy mentioned to see if it had a warranty.

So I did, and it did. Called AAA, explained, and the guy with the truck with batteries on it came out within an hour and a half, put the new battery in, and went on his way. No cost to me whatsoever. Love it!
Cool! Years ago, every time my husband went out of town on business, something happened to my car. AAA saved me many times. There was a two year period when I apparently liked to lock my keys in my car.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:00 AM

It's really, really quiet here. Everyone is at home or in somewhere. I heard the very distant hum of something that might be a heat pump, but that was it. One car noise for about 5 seconds. It's strange that there are no bird or animal noises. I live in a town, and the complete absence of noise is a bit weird.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:32 PM

Dancing with myself? Oh, well.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
No, not dancing with yourself, G. I have been sleeping an awful lot the past few days at weird times. I seem to sleep pretty well during the nights but I still have to nap a few hours during the day, sometimes 2 or 3 times! I just turned off my tv, laid down and decided to get back up to finish my post I started at 9a.m. I deleted that one and started fresh.

Ugh, I remember having to get inspections for my vehicles back in Mass, 77. One reason I like it here. I don't have many, but that's one. I used to work for AAA. Man, that job just burnt me out in a year! The job just bites the big one in the winter when you are the first call receiver in. They asked me to relocate to Virginia when they moved down there and I said "no way!". Good thing I didn't, I would not have met my love of my life at the next job I went to.

I hear you, G, about so much sickness up there. I heard Massachusetts was #3 in the nation but that fluctuates every day it seems. My gf up there told me she can't wear a mask either. So I think I will just forget it. I will suck it up if I have to about not getting refunded by CheapoAir. I will just bash them on line whenever I can. Maybe I can sneak a trip up in between rounds of covid.

Some of the beaches are open and people are going nuts! I guess I just do not have that urge to go to the beach because I grew up on one. The new rules are no umbrellas, coolers, beach chairs, towels and no parking in the parking lots! So why do people still go? Insane.

Oh, lookie at the time. You and I must both be up, G!!!! Good night, you.

Hagd, everyone. Stay safe and healthy.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:21 PM

Sleep away. I'm just glad that you're still here! I was up early this morning and felt pretty good. Then I felt a bit tired and ended up sleeping in the recliner for four hours. I really wan't expecting that. I felt worse after getting up the second time. I can't win for losing.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:51 PM

It's nice outside today. It's sunny and not too hot. The past few weeks have been windy, chilly, and rainy.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:31 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Hi Ladies (and any gentlemen reading), I just got home and situated after being gone for a few days. I went to visit my disabled friend and her husband. They live in the country and it is like a mini-vacation, seeing as how I used to live in the country and now live in a big city environment. They are safe and I am safe so no worries there. I can hear a train in the distance sometimes, so soothing, so comforting.

Are both of you OK emotionally? Being cooped up and experiencing "dark" weather can play on the emotions and bring about sadness and "the blues". You both sleeping alot concern me. I hope it is out of boredom and not depression.

I, for one, enjoy being at home. I have a Dr. appt. on Monday morning to discuss the results of a medical test, nothing I am concerned about. Normally I would go out to eat breakfast or lunch afterwards, then fart around as I figure I am already out, and once I get home I cannot get into the mood to do any prolonged chore. I can kill time like nobody's business, going to thrift stores and browsing, going to Ross or stores of this type and browsing, and not buying a thing. A saying I heard from one of my *favorite pastor's radio programs is "I can admire without having to acquire." I live it in my older age. BTDT.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friends, somehow, someway. Hugs to all.

*Rick Warren

Old 04-25-2020, 09:19 PM

I wish that I could have gone with you. I haven't been anywhere for five weeks. I have Meniere's disease and can't drive far. I can no longer drive to the middle of nowhere. I really liked nowhere. There was no one there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning