Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 10:08 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Shades, what? Who is he?
Just some sick kid. I felt sorry for him but not sorry enough to take his abuse. I was 68 then and he was 20/21 and so sick. I am 7 years older than his grandmother. He will never be back. He/they might have even moved to a different state. So glad that is over. I took down the electric fence I built around my yard as it looked awful and bothered me to see it after he was gone. Brought to mind unhappy times. They were across the fence neighbors.
Just remembered my photo of my little hidie hole safe room. There is another thick curtain to pull over the window that does not show up well. Crazy it was the only place in my house I felt safe and to think I was crazy enough to let that little punk terrify me like he did. https://www.flickr.com/photos/501856...n/photostream/

Last edited by shades_of_idaho; 06-23-2019 at 10:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 11:33 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
That's a nice hidey hole room, shades! I love your pics of your home. Reminds me of a friend my mother used to go visit in Hyde Park. I loved going to AnneMarie's house. It was filled with all sorts of neat things I loved to look at. I think she was what was called "Bohemian" in her taste.

I didn't realize you had neighbors right across the street! I was picturing your house in the middle of nothing, no neighbors. I saw a few places like that in Idaho from the highway I was driving on. Nothing, nada, zilch!!! I am glad to see I was wrong.

Have you ever heard of Cour D'elene golf course over there? I used to make bag tags for them.

My 13 day stretch of not going out of the house is over! I felt well enough yesterday to go to Wally-World and do a little grocery shopping for myself. I actually was a little unsteady on my feet sometimes. My cart was a good companion. Even though I had my scientifically made cool shirt on, it still felt a tad hot and muggy. No wonder!! The feel like temp was 105°!!!!! That is what TWC said. Mamma Mia!! It ONLY feels like 104° right now. Wonder what it will feel like by 4?

I'm off to go get my laundry out of the dryer. Have a good one, ttyal.

Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Tam, grocery shopping is like a mini vacation when you've been stuck at home for a while. So many packages, so little time.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:05 AM

Feels like 101° already. By 4 yesterday, it went down to 102°! The pool thermometer says 90° and that is not refreshing in my mind but when the air temp is 105°, 104°, etc., 90 will feel cool. I just heard on TWC that we have wildfires burning. Lovely. I pray they don't get here.

Tomorrow morning I have my Echocardiogram done. I am waiting for a surgeon's office to call with an appointment for a consult. I told my Primary I would consider getting my tumor taken off. Depending on how the insurance company looks at it. Cosmetic? Won't pay. It's begnine so I don't think they will pay.

G, I bought only the basics of what I needed. Like only one case of water instead of 4 of them. I stick them under my bed, especially during hurricane season. We can't drink the well water because Jim is too cheap to buy a filtration system. Even the ones that go on the faucet. Lol, I have all the time in the world to wander around stores. I just don't like doing that. My hubby loved wandering around stores. We used to even bump into my dad and his buddy sometimes miles away from everybody's home! I will go get my water and stuff tomorrow on the way home from the imaging center.

Toodle-oo.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM

Yowzza! 94°, feels like 106°!!! At least my cool shirt is taking the sweat and making me feel cool!

Boy, our insides are darned noisy! Good thing they seem to be soundproofed. Had my Echo done this morning. All went well and again I wanted to nod off. They've got comfortable tables in that place.

Shucks, the guy I used to go to to have my hair thinned out is no longer there. Hairdressers are so fickle nowadays. They just up and leave without telling their clientele.

Nap time. Bye!

Old 06-27-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Feels like 101° already. By 4 yesterday, it went down to 102°! The pool thermometer says 90° and that is not refreshing in my mind but when the air temp is 105°, 104°, etc., 90 will feel cool. I just heard on TWC that we have wildfires burning. Lovely. I pray they don't get here.

Tomorrow morning I have my Echocardiogram done. I am waiting for a surgeon's office to call with an appointment for a consult. I told my Primary I would consider getting my tumor taken off. Depending on how the insurance company looks at it. Cosmetic? Won't pay. It's begnine so I don't think they will pay.

G, I bought only the basics of what I needed. Like only one case of water instead of 4 of them. I stick them under my bed, especially during hurricane season. We can't drink the well water because Jim is too cheap to buy a filtration system. Even the ones that go on the faucet. Lol, I have all the time in the world to wander around stores. I just don't like doing that. My hubby loved wandering around stores. We used to even bump into my dad and his buddy sometimes miles away from everybody's home! I will go get my water and stuff tomorrow on the way home from the imaging center.

Toodle-oo.
What? You'd have to pay more to not have a scar? That's just sick.

My municipal water supply is above average, but I don't like the taste. I use a pitcher with a filter and keep it in the refrigerator in the warm season. I still keep some bottled water for emergencies and have to use it and buy more once in a while.

I haven't enjoyed wandering around stores for decades. There used to be a need to comparison shop and find good deals.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:28 AM

I guess that we're fascinating creatures which can't be approached, or utterly boring. There are 294 posts in this thread, but 11,710 views. Over eleven thousand views? There's something weird about that.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I guess that we're fascinating creatures which can't be approached, or utterly boring. There are 294 posts in this thread, but 11,710 views. Over eleven thousand views? There's something weird about that.
Ha-ha, G! Lmao. I don't find making contact with people boring. At least I know they are still alive. I have had 3 very close cyber friends pass away and just disappear. That is almost as bad as losing a friend physically. More so, imo, because most irl friends don't talk to you every single day. At least I haven't since I was in my 20s. Mom and Dad were the only two that were daily basis but my cyber friends were daily.

That's funny, over 11K views? Just don't post those nude photos! Maybe there's a single gent in there who is too shy to make contact? Makes me think of times when I was a kid and managed to listen in sometimes on the party line of the woman who shared it with my parents. Man, that woman was on the phone all day, every day. I remember my mother yelling at her to get off the damn line!

I KNOW I am boring! I don't have a life, I am just killing time. Pardon the pun. Doesn't bother me most of the time. I have been approached a half-dozen times in 7 1/2 years since hubby has been dead to "hook up". So it's been 8 years since I have had sex and I'm not about to go gambling on catching an STD! They say STDs run rampant in seniors! Nah-uhn, not moi. I've managed this long without getting anything, I intend to stay that way!

See, G? Whadaya mean we could be boring?? That was another juicey paragraph!^^^^^

Hmmm, guess that shuts down any single gents, huhn?

Be good or be careful.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
What? You'd have to pay more to not have a scar? That's just sick.

My municipal water supply is above average, but I don't like the taste. I use a pitcher with a filter and keep it in the refrigerator in the warm season. I still keep some bottled water for emergencies and have to use it and buy more once in a while.

I haven't enjoyed wandering around stores for decades. There used to be a need to comparison shop and find good deals.
Hmmm, I missed this whole post, G! Just saw it.

No, cosmetic means that particular surgery is an elective surgery. I choose to have it. It is not done to save my life. This tumor is so far begnine, just sticking out of my belly embarrassingly far now. 2 years ago it wasn't even noticable to even a doctor.

Old 07-02-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hmmm, I missed this whole post, G! Just saw it.

No, cosmetic means that particular surgery is an elective surgery. I choose to have it. It is not done to save my life. This tumor is so far begnine, just sticking out of my belly embarrassingly far now. 2 years ago it wasn't even noticable to even a doctor.
Even though I'm cheap, I'd probably do that. I don't like like lumps and bumps on my body.

When I was a kid, my mom's friend had a mole on her neck that stuck out so far that it was almost the size of a Good & Plenty candy. I wondered how she dressed without knocking the thing off. It was creepy looking.

What has happened to shades? I don't think that she won the lottery and is busy booking the vacation of a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning