Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 05:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I got a letter from my car dealership with a big hook in it. I normally throw stuff like that away but I read it again. It said I could keep my normal monthly payment and maybe even get a better one. I went down today.

I finally have the vehicle I want. I went from a 2017Hyundai Sonata to a 2019 Hyundai Tucson SUV. Everything is electric, it has stop assistance, lane assistance, you name it! The only thing it doesn't have is a sunroof. I have my white vehicle again. I love white cars/trucks. My F150 was white and I loved it. My payment stayed the same, my insurance went down because of all the anti-theft and safety features! Good deal! The dealership gave me 7K off the sticker price. 4K for my car and 3K for whatever. NOW I have a vehicle I want to keep and maybe pay off. For the next 10 years I do not even have to pay for oil changes! All my stuff is covered! They dropped the % rate down too.

Happy, happy and glad not to get screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 10:00 AM

Gone are the days of buying a new car, getting in and driving it!! I have been trying for the past couple of hours to open the back of my SUV!! I keep coming in and opening the book and re-reading. I finally did everything thing that needs to happen and it still won't open. I may have inadvertently pushed a wrong button yesterday so I need to get into the "cluster" in the dashboard and see what's up. Cluster alright.....fustercluck is more like it! New cars are not for older people!

Plus, it's 84° = 100° with 86% humidity. I walk outside and immediately start sweating bullets. I am giving up on the car for now, maybe when Linda's son gets home from golf, I will ask him to show me how to open it. He works for Hyundai in another county from where I go, so he might know. I am going to take a nap. Have a nice bottle of water and lay down.

I am beginning to start to think like a Floridian! Yesterday on the way to the dealership, I saved a Gopher Tortoise from being run over! I stopped my car in the middle of the street, put my hazards on and when traffic started to approach, I was in the middle of the road with my arms and hands outstretched like a cop. Traffic stopped and so didn't it from the other side too. I picked it up and put it in a lawn in the direction it was going. It was a juvenile because I have seen how BIG they grow! It was no bigger around than my two feet together. If anyone had a "flying saucer" for the snow when they were little, that's how BIG they can grow! They are a protected species in Florida. So I made myself happy and proud that I helped the little bugger!

Zzzzzzz.......snore......

Old 07-15-2019, 01:36 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Yesterday I got a letter from my car dealership with a big hook in it. I normally throw stuff like that away but I read it again. It said I could keep my normal monthly payment and maybe even get a better one. I went down today.

I finally have the vehicle I want. I went from a 2017Hyundai Sonata to a 2019 Hyundai Tucson SUV. Everything is electric, it has stop assistance, lane assistance, you name it! The only thing it doesn't have is a sunroof. I have my white vehicle again. I love white cars/trucks. My F150 was white and I loved it. My payment stayed the same, my insurance went down because of all the anti-theft and safety features! Good deal! The dealership gave me 7K off the sticker price. 4K for my car and 3K for whatever. NOW I have a vehicle I want to keep and maybe pay off. For the next 10 years I do not even have to pay for oil changes! All my stuff is covered! They dropped the % rate down too.

Happy, happy and glad not to get screwed.
If I have to go somewhere in a decent looking ride, you're going take me, right?

My mother went on, and on... and on about my husband driving his pickup to the funeral home when his dad died. It was fairly new and clean, shiny. Find something else to complain about.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:45 AM

Shades, that's hot for up there. I didn't mind that when I was younger.

I missed the posts about creepy corner guy. What's that about?

Old 07-15-2019, 10:44 AM

91°=102° but only 62% humidity. Feel like temp got up to 104° yesterday afternoon! Daaaaamn!!!!

You bet, G, I would take ya if I knew even what state you live in! Speaking of funerals, when I was driving my new car home, there were cars with a tag in the windshields that said "FUNERAL" but the hearse was racing down this non main road which had a speed limit of 30mph and I could tell he was going waay over that trying to catch up to the other cars!! Lol, trying to drum up business?

The financial guy at the dealership was asking me questions about how long I have been down here and I ended up telling him about hubby, losing the house, no money, Linda inviting me, etc. He had such a pained look on his face. Know what? It didn't even bother me one bit relating my story! I felt no urge to tear up, didn't even feel sad! It was just matter of fact. I was going over that last night and that's when I realized what I had done!! Wow! What a difference. I realize I am healed! Praise The Lord!!!! Thank you. I never thought this would come. I really didn't. I was prepared to live in misery for the rest of my life. I expected it.

I had a very strange sensation coming out of sleep this morning. It felt like my hubby was lying beside me all snuggled up to my back. I even reached over! I really think it was him letting me know he is happy for me. I am not really sure I believe in that stuff but enough things have happened to me that I choose to think maybe it's real. Whatever, they make me happy upon waking up.

Gotta go get ready for my appointment with Affordable Denture. I wore my bottom all day Saturday! It was starting to hurt though.

Everyone have a lovely day! It's getting ready to rain here. I'll find out how well it drives in rain! Oh, I figured out the fustercluck yesterday all by myself finally and this morning I went out and configured all the things I needed to do to make it MINE!

Old 07-15-2019, 11:40 AM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
91°=102° but only 62% humidity. Feel like temp got up to 104° yesterday afternoon! Daaaaamn!!!!

You bet, G, I would take ya if I knew even what state you live in! Speaking of funerals, when I was driving my new car home, there were cars with a tag in the windshields that said "FUNERAL" but the hearse was racing down this non main road which had a speed limit of 30mph and I could tell he was going waay over that trying to catch up to the other cars!! Lol, trying to drum up business?

The financial guy at the dealership was asking me questions about how long I have been down here and I ended up telling him about hubby, losing the house, no money, Linda inviting me, etc. He had such a pained look on his face. Know what? It didn't even bother me one bit relating my story! I felt no urge to tear up, didn't even feel sad! It was just matter of fact. I was going over that last night and that's when I realized what I had done!! Wow! What a difference. I realize I am healed! Praise The Lord!!!! Thank you. I never thought this would come. I really didn't. I was prepared to live in misery for the rest of my life. I expected it.

I had a very strange sensation coming out of sleep this morning. It felt like my hubby was lying beside me all snuggled up to my back. I even reached over! I really think it was him letting me know he is happy for me. I am not really sure I believe in that stuff but enough things have happened to me that I choose to think maybe it's real. Whatever, they make me happy upon waking up.

Gotta go get ready for my appointment with Affordable Denture. I wore my bottom all day Saturday! It was starting to hurt though.

Everyone have a lovely day! It's getting ready to rain here. I'll find out how well it drives in rain! Oh, I figured out the fustercluck yesterday all by myself finally and this morning I went out and configured all the things I needed to do to make it MINE!
It is amazing when the shift starts to happen between the grief being omnipresent and something that is still there but with much of the emptiness in the past. The process is rough, and it takes what time it takes, and we hope to eventually get to a resolution like yours (well maybe not having to talk to car dealers, but you know what I mean.)

Well done. Thanks for that update.

Old 07-15-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
It is amazing when the shift starts to happen between the grief being omnipresent and something that is still there but with much of the emptiness in the past. The process is rough, and it takes what time it takes, and we hope to eventually get to a resolution like yours (well maybe not having to talk to car dealers, but you know what I mean.)

Well done. Thanks for that update.
Thank you, Harry. I hope others who are dealing with active grief read my posts and have hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I didn't believe it even when others who had gone through this and were better, told me it would happen. I thought they were special, they had something I did not possess. It took 6 loooong years to even begin the healing on me. Now, another 11/2 years later, it feels "good". "Better" would be the word.

I sure know talking it out with the people who used to post here were my lifeline. I was/am isolated and alone so cyberspace is my go to communication.

Growl....

Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM

"I feel pretty, oh, so pretty....."

The girl who tried to get my toofies in the first time, did a splendid job yesterday. Uppers and lowers are both in. I am having a tough time talking and eating. I took them out to eat supper last night after at least trying it. I did not like the feeling!! Ugh, I can't even think about how people eat with dentures!!

IDK what I am going to do in December when I have to make a decision about what I want for permanent teeth. I just don't know anymore. Money is playing a big part in this too.

Got my PATRIOTS front plate put on my car. I don't feel naked anymore.

I don't usually take the highway anywhere but this day I did, coming back from the dealership. No traffic in front of me, no traffic close in my rear, set the cruise control to 50 mph and just swiveled my head back and forth looking at all the stores that line the highway that I have just gone by in the past. Now I am up higher and had a better view. That was a nice drive.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:36 PM

You're a Patriot's fan? I'm so disappointed. The underbirds still beat them, and the Steelers have one more ring than they do. I'm from Pennsylvania.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:42 AM

Ha-ha, G, you didn't know I'm a rabid Pats' fan? Oh yeah, all my life! I went to Philly one time with a gf. Stayed in Camden, over the bridge, when it still resembled decency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning