Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2019, 03:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Holy macaroni, 102°???? Glad you have inside projects you can burn that energy off on! Good timing to get the kitties' shelter all done. 102° to 69°. What a drop! That mustn't be good for humans, critters or plant life! How I wish I could feel 69°.

Lol @gentlearts "show and tell".

But, but, but, SunGrins, it's DRY heat over there!

It's raining, it's pouring, my favorite weather, thunder and lightning. Not.

I discovered I had more money in the bank than I thought I did, so I went to Wally-World for stuff I was gonna live without for a couple of weeks. Yay. That is always a nice thing. I can even get my scripts refilled.

I have an appointment at Affordable tomorrow afternoon. I just can't tolerate the palate on the uppers. It feels like it goes halfway down my throat! I gag, choke, threw up once and I am going to see if they can shorten the palate. I don't care if I lose gripping power, I will use the adhesive stuff. The gripping is too powerful for me anyway. I struggle to get those suckers out once I put them in! I don't like it. Lol, those with dentures are probably saying to me, "are you nuts???" "Too much grip? No such thing." Yep, for me it is.

I am sick again, with the same thing as last time. The horrible, horrible coughing, peeing myself. Linda is the only one who didn't go see a doctor before and get antibiotics. She has been hacking and hacking away since when, 7, 8 weeks ago? Guess what? Both Jim and I built up no immunity to whatever this is. He and I are both sick again. I told Linda I was going back to the clinic tomorrow morning to get more medicine and would she please go and see a doctor herself to get some antibiotics. SHE ABSOLUTELY REFUSES TO GO!!!!! This woman pays over $214 a MONTH for her health insurance and she is refusing to go.

We were out on the lanai, having morning coffee, I asked, she jumps up to her feet yelling "I won't go!!!!" She storms into the house. After the shock wore off, I called her every foul name I could think of. I sat out there just foaming at the mouth repeating every foul name over and over again. I am still livid. I so wish I had enough credit and now money, to get the hell out of here. I have even thought of sleeping in my suv. I hate that See You Next Tuesday.

Man, do I regret letting her borrow money ($700) for a new wash machine. It's always some excuse or another for why she can't repay me and I had even said paying me $100 a month would be fine!! Technically it is MY washer. I have the paperwork in my name. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!

I am trying hard not to let myself get depressed. I am trying not to think about my gun. I am trying not to think about murder and/or suicide. In between typing tough words, I am also speaking to God. I am asking him for strength. All I have wanted for the past 4 years is a decent place to live. That's all.

See what depression from grief can do to a person? All this is directly related from my husband's death. Directly.

Oh well, sorry to be in such a terrible state. I have to vent. I can't say anything here or my arse gets kicked out and I can't afford that! I will be in a better mood tomorrow, I hope.

Going to go turn the tv on and try and numb my brain. Toodles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 06:58 PM

Hi there. In a pretending better mood for the ahole. I be nice with you guys.

Went to the clinic this morning. Alexa finally got me out of bed at 6:04. I ignored her for 4 minutes. For two weeks now Linda hasn't gotten out of bed until after 8 a.m. Guess what time she got up today? 6:06. To cough all over me it seemed. I took my coffee inside this morning.

The nurse and doctor were so surprised to see me again and in answer to their questions I told them the story. Both of them were flabbergasted but not for loss of words!! Both of them individually had me loling. The doctor said "she'll die of pneumonia and then you can get better. " To which, just came out, I said "I wish!" Then I did a face! He loled.

New antibiotics. I took a couple of masks and pairs of rubber gloves home with me. Doc teased "you think you're going to get HER to wear them??" "Oh, for YOU!!!" I couldn't help but get into a better mood! I am now closed off in my room. I will leave at 3:30 to go to Affordable. Then come back and close my door to my room again. I have Alexa set for 3:30 so I don't get lost in cyberspace. I have done that before!

I gassed up my suv today. Forgot to look at how many gallons it took. Cost me $26.65 @ $2.56 a gallon. Musta been a little over 10 gallons? When I went by the gas station on the way to the clinic, it was posted $2.69 a gallon. When I went to Walgreen's to go pick up my scripts, it was $2.56.

When I got home from Walgreen's, I was putting the number of Prednisone per day in my calendar. I took another look at the bottle. There were supposed to be 18 pills, there were 6! Wth?? I jumped into my suv and went back to Walgreen's. I told the pharmacist what the problem was. She brought back that metal thing they put pills into with the metal slide thing, she counted out 12 more pills. Didn't question me about anything, just did it. All she said was "Sorry about that." Was it just a mistake or did she try and pocket the pills? My mother ALWAYS counted out her scripts. I thought it was because she was an RN and was used to counting out patients' pills. I didn't know about pharmacists stealing from people's scripts. Who counts them?? Anywho, I just thanked her and came home.

Then I went to Affordable. The woman did a great job. They feel pretty darned good now but feeling good has made me feel another little place that I had not paid much attention to. Oh well, I will have that fixed too. The woman told me to remember these are just temps and the plan I bought is just for doing this....getting great fitting dentures or implants. I am getting there! IDK how people could have dentures in "the old days". Lol, meaning before a few years ago.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:31 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
You have more energy than I do. I got tired reading your post.

You're getting dentures? I thought that was months away.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You have more energy than I do. I got tired reading your post.

You're getting dentures? I thought that was months away.
Lol, G, I won't tell you how many hours it took me to finish my post from when I started it!

I got my dentures last month. I couldn't wait for the time I really should have to let my gums heal. I wanted almost instant gratification. I am now thinking with getting these so good feeling, I may not spend any more money and get the permanent ones done with no upgrade. I don't think I need to spend a few hundred more dollars for them putting bumps and veins in the gums to have them look more "natural". I like these cheap ones. I like how they look. I don't think I will spend over $1500 more bucks on implants. I only wear them when I go out. I wear them very little in the house. If someone is close enough to inspect my gums, they are too close to my face!

I got my Himalayan salt lamp today. It's very pretty. I am using it as a night light right now. I had to rearrange stuff for its place because I don't think it should be close to electronics. The lamp absorbs humidity and it sweats. What does salt do to metal stuff? Corrodes! I have it sitting by plastic stuff. I heard what sounded like a big crack about 3 hours ago from the direction of the lamp! I got up and checked it out but couldn't see anything. It's on a thick wooden base so in the light I will check that out too. Felt for heat coming from the base onto my cabinet it's on but no heat. They say you can leave them on 24/7 but I think I might turn it off at night. I really don't need any more light in the room. I have plenty of "vampire" equipment that I can see with after my eyes get used to the dark.

Want to get another shock, people? Linda had the nerve to ask me today to give her a ride tomorrow!!! Can ya believe the balls? I lied and said I have an appointment. So I need to go out and make myself scarce for a couple of hours tomorrow. I almost choked on my smoke that was in my mouth! The absolute nerve!!! I would be embarrassed of myself if I were her. No couth.

Nite-nite. Past my witching hour. One more butt for the road.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 AM

Oh dear, Prednisone has its grips on me. I fell asleep at 6:45 this morning for an hour. I am so tightly wound.

I'm at a crossroads with this Linda psycho lying witch. I am not sure what to do. After I had my "nap", I was out on the lanai having another cup of coffee. She comes out dressed and grabs her pocketbook from under the table on the lanai. I said that was not a good place to have left it out over night. (I knew this next was gonna happen) She jumps in my face and says she did not leave it out overnight, she brought it out this morning. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, I told her to stop with the lying, I was out from 4-6 a.m. and her pocketbook was right there. She charged me but stopped short and told me I should have brought it in!! I said I was tired of picking up after her. She screamed I don't do anything around the house anyway. No, I pay rent to keep my room and pickup after myself! I refuse to clean the bathroom that I have to share with those two demons she calls "grandsons".

I don't know what to do. I don't know what her problem is. If I take the stuff I have accumulated living here and add it into my storage unit and try and live in my suv for a while, I sure won't see the money for the washer. I will have to go to small claims court and then I doubt I will even see it even then. Plus, if I leave, I won't have an address and a person probably needs a physical address in order to sue someone? IDK. This witch is making my life a fustercluck and IDK why. To get out of paying me back maybe? Funny, bad thoughts are not dancing in my head today, I just want to cry. I am tired, I am sick, I am sick and tired of her and this place. I have been here going on 3 years and no word of a lie, there has not been ONE DAY that either she or Jim don't just have a hissy fit about something and scream their brains out!!! It is not good for my BP. Phooey, phooey, phooey.

Lol, I don't have any teeth left, so I don't have to worry about brushing them, just swish mouthwash! Hey, I am trying to cheer myself up! Wally-World is open 24/7 with a handicap stall!! I used to see a guy from Georgia sleeping in his car at Wendy's and they don't open until 10 a.m.!!

Friggin cancer. Friggin BJ's.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:51 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Holy macaroni, 102°???? Glad you have inside projects you can burn that energy off on! Good timing to get the kitties' shelter all done. 102° to 69°. What a drop! That mustn't be good for humans, critters or plant life! How I wish I could feel 69°.

Lol @gentlearts "show and tell".

But, but, but, SunGrins, it's DRY heat over there!

It's raining, it's pouring, my favorite weather, thunder and lightning. Not.

I discovered I had more money in the bank than I thought I did, so I went to Wally-World for stuff I was gonna live without for a couple of weeks. Yay. That is always a nice thing. I can even get my scripts refilled.

I have an appointment at Affordable tomorrow afternoon. I just can't tolerate the palate on the uppers. It feels like it goes halfway down my throat! I gag, choke, threw up once and I am going to see if they can shorten the palate. I don't care if I lose gripping power, I will use the adhesive stuff. The gripping is too powerful for me anyway. I struggle to get those suckers out once I put them in! I don't like it. Lol, those with dentures are probably saying to me, "are you nuts???" "Too much grip? No such thing." Yep, for me it is.

I am sick again, with the same thing as last time. The horrible, horrible coughing, peeing myself. Linda is the only one who didn't go see a doctor before and get antibiotics. She has been hacking and hacking away since when, 7, 8 weeks ago? Guess what? Both Jim and I built up no immunity to whatever this is. He and I are both sick again. I told Linda I was going back to the clinic tomorrow morning to get more medicine and would she please go and see a doctor herself to get some antibiotics. SHE ABSOLUTELY REFUSES TO GO!!!!! This woman pays over $214 a MONTH for her health insurance and she is refusing to go.

We were out on the lanai, having morning coffee, I asked, she jumps up to her feet yelling "I won't go!!!!" She storms into the house. After the shock wore off, I called her every foul name I could think of. I sat out there just foaming at the mouth repeating every foul name over and over again. I am still livid. I so wish I had enough credit and now money, to get the hell out of here. I have even thought of sleeping in my suv. I hate that See You Next Tuesday.

Man, do I regret letting her borrow money ($700) for a new wash machine. It's always some excuse or another for why she can't repay me and I had even said paying me $100 a month would be fine!! Technically it is MY washer. I have the paperwork in my name. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her!

I am trying hard not to let myself get depressed. I am trying not to think about my gun. I am trying not to think about murder and/or suicide. In between typing tough words, I am also speaking to God. I am asking him for strength. All I have wanted for the past 4 years is a decent place to live. That's all.

See what depression from grief can do to a person? All this is directly related from my husband's death. Directly.

Oh well, sorry to be in such a terrible state. I have to vent. I can't say anything here or my arse gets kicked out and I can't afford that! I will be in a better mood tomorrow, I hope.

Looks like there's a lot of subsidized/low income housing in southwest Florida. Could it be possible that you might qualify for one of those. Some even offer rental assistance. Try and get on the section 8 list even though there might be a wait.
Low-Income Housing help in Southwest FL

www.swflresourcelink.com/services/low-income-housing/
Presbyterian Apartments

Counties served: Lee

Services: Low-Income Housing

Tags: Fort Myers, Seniors

Description: Subsidized apartments available for rent for low income seniors

239-332-1050, 1-800-955-8771
Fax: 239-332-7185

Hours: 8:00AM-4:00PM

Eligibility: 62 years of age or older and qualify for income requirements

This one looks promising:

Last edited by janellen; 07-25-2019 at 03:08 PM..

Old 07-26-2019, 11:13 AM

Oh, thank you so much, jan! What a thoughtful thing to do! I appreciate it!

I will call about those.

I get stuck in neutral because as I have said, I have rotten, rotten credit now. How did I get a new suv you ask? Because THEY wanted my sedan. I left the dealership because they couldn't quite make it and then they did. Anyplace else they would just go by the numbers.

I applied for senior income based housing before I moved in here and I don't qualify for it. I recieve $1,000 too much a year to qualify. A YEAR!!! I don't want to get stuck in some complex that has people of all ages. I know, I'm pretty picky for someone who feels she's between a rock and a hard place. Maybe I should go around to churches and see if they have anything to offer? I don't go to church, I wonder if that makes a difference?

Thanks again, janellen. I WILL look into your info.

__________________________________________________ ____

I feel better today. The tickle(spor) is subsiding. More length between attacks of coughing and getting less intense. TG. I "napped" all day yesterday making up for the night before PLUS I slept all night from 10 p.m. on!!!! Never woke up for a potty run or from coughing. I feel good today!!! Such a relief. I figured out why I couldn't sleep the other night. I didn't take my first dose of Prednisone until almost noon by the time I got back from going back and forth. Much too late in the day and expect to sleep that night. Took my pills real early yesterday, 4 a.m., so was able to sleep last night. Took them fairly early today. 8:30 when I woke up.

I made my cuppa this morning and went out onto the lanai. Linda followed me. I didn't say a word and she just started talking like the past 48 hours never happened!!! Wth? So I "played" along and chit chatted back to her without letting my real attitude show. Well, maybe it shows a little. I am not smiling with my eyes. When I don't do that my eyes are hard steel, so I have been told. Oh well. Can't recall anything she said while out there, I didn't pay attention.

Raining again today. Of course the forecast was for all this week including the weekend. At least the t+l is not on top of us. So far. I can hear the rumbles off in the distance.

I got a phone call from the surgeon's office that my doctor recommended to me back in June, I think it was? For my tumor. Lipoma it's really called. I have an appointment for Aug. 1st.

I left my Himalayan lamp on last night. I decided not to be such a scaredy old cat. I touched it when I woke up, checking it for sweat and heat, neither of which I felt. Good, the bulb will last longer that way. It's a dimmer switch and I have it as low as it goes. Turning bulbs that have filaments in them off and on is what makes the filaments turn brittle and break. I did learn little things from my electrician Dad! That's why a bulb has been burning over in Livermore, California at the firehouse since 1901!!!! It wasn't even built by Edison!!! Just a piece of trivia I have in my head. I know there is another one burning at Edison's plantation down in Ft. Meyers too. I never looked up to see how old it is.

Hagd everyone.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:18 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I hope you post more pictures. You used to have show and tell more, when you first came to CD. I think your creativity is amazing. I hope you dont run out of projects. Then what will you do out there in the hinterland?
HI Folks,

I am so sorry I have not been in as often. It is just this time of year and I am burning the candle at both ends it seems. So many things to get done. Well things I want to do that keep me away from the computer. Not really a bad thing.

I grouted the mosiac this morning. More cleaning needed still. Will work on it today as my hands permit. I need to get my razor blade holder out for some glue removal the grout is always so good to make show up. Then I will photo. Anything else I have been doing is not photo worthy.

Wednesday I was busting it around here and noticed a bit of cloudy in my dogs eye so off to the vet we went last minute. She removed the sutures from both eye lids and the ones on his back and every one is happier for it. I do think I have been stressing over his on with the cone off with the cone listening to him bash into things and being so flat out miserable he was making the empath in me miserable too. Draining my energy. Yet I still had so much to do.

Then waking up at the crap of dawn and getting up instead of my usual sleeping in because it was cooled down outside easier to work. Planing to take a nap in the afternoon which never happened. I have been running on 4 to 6 hours of sleep at night. NOT to mention kitties night capers of bringing in a mouse to play with. More frogs to be rescued and even a salamendar oh and a worm was also giving them great joy one night. Do I need to put metal roofing sheets around the bottom of the outside of the kennel to keep other critters entering their chamber of death??? I am not even sure this would work. Not for frogs for sure. They go everywhere. And I just adore them. Do not want them murdered by the kitties.

Yesterday was a long day going to Costco with my friend. OH MY she spent about 300 dollars. I bought the usual TP and paper towels and 10 pounds of sharp cheddar cheese. We had a great time though. Always fun to go shopping with her. I am not a big shopper. I usually get in and out as fast as possible. She likes to look at things so I just follow along. It is a good get away for me with out the stress of having to drive. AND I get to use her costco card. Starting to stock up for winter with the excess TP and paper towels. I have storage in the garage. Needless to say we got home about 5PM and I was a total zombie after having been up since 6AM and working around here to get things done before we left at 10. WHY is there always so much to do????

So back to scraping. Hoping I can get it done before the predicted thunder storm rolls through. Hopefuly tomorrow photos.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:37 PM

I have learned to like geckos, frogs and raccoons since I have been down here.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:52 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

YAH on the more $$ in the Bank to be able to get the things you have had to put off!!!

I sure hope they can sort out your chompers. I almost gagged just thinking about them feeling like they want to slide down your throat. How awful. Having had the massivly swollen cheek and having trouble eating from it I can kind of imagine how you feel with fat too much going on in your mouth. And for me chewing anything was not possible. Teeth biting back into swollen cheek. No thanks. I drank my meals for a few days.

I am so sorry you are sick again and Jim too. That is flat out mean she will not go to the doctor. Not sensible at all. I was so hoping you would build up some immunity against the nasty bug.

It does sound like it is your washer. I would lock it up for ransom$$ Payup or no use. Trying to imagine how a person would lock up a washer. Chain all the way around it with lock and hide the bolt cutters. It is a good thing I have stashed keys all over the yard to let myself out of all my locked gates. I even locked myself out of the house shutting the door with out grabbing my keys. Had a slight panic then remembered I had hidden a gate key in the garage so I could get to the house keys I have hidden elseware. Not saying where here or they would no longer be hidden right?? LOL Now if it were up to me I would be doing the chain. Then again assuming it is a top loading machine. Now so many are front loaders.

OH Please do not get depressed and think more on that gun. OH My this is a scary thought. It is so sad losing hubby put you in such a sad financial state. I can imagine you are feeling trapped. I am very thankful hubby left me in good shape as long as I do not go crazy spending money. Which I do not usually do. Most of what I have spent since he died has been for manitenance and finishing projects we had always planned to do but once he got sick I never had time and he was too sick or just did not want to do them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning