Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 09:24 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Mmmm, just a quick pop in because I said I would. Mmmm, I's not a happy camper. I will talk about it tomorrow. I am headed for bed. Nite.

OH Dear does not sound good. Hoping things look/feel better in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 10:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Wellllll.....

This is not going how I thought it would go. I should have waited the 6 months to a year to have these dentures made. My gums may feel well enough to eat softer foods but they sure as heck are NOT well enough for dentures! I ended up telling the techie to stop, I would come back on Monday. The top one is sore, needs a little more tweaking but the bottom one I can't even get in because of pain.

They told me if they bothered me too much to take them (it) out and to try again the next day. Okay. Now mind you, everyone here is friggin sick. I am the least sick. Mine was only 24 hours, the rest are going 2-3 weeks! All I have left is a wicked tickle in my throat that comes and goes but it is a long, violent spasm of coughing. Last night I had a spell made me feel like I had to throw up. This top denture fits so tight, I struggled to get it out! It finally did but boy, it was a job! I left it out for the rest of the night.

First thing this morning I tried to put the bottom denture in, no go, too much pain. The top, it hurt and I stopped but then an hour later I forced myself to get it in. It is uncomfortable but not painful painful.

Wow, I just had another spell of coughing, I went to take the teeth out quickly but they didn't want to come out easily so I left it in. Guess I am being "one of the lucky ones " with these uppers. Careful what you wish for!!

All I can do is save my money and either get the comfort dentures or implants. I keep forgetting these are the cheapest pos they make and I am not going to have them for the rest of my life. The problem is the palate part is too thick.

Oh well, even without the bottoms in I can smile and look decent again. I haven't tried eating yet. I ate creamed hamburger on mashed potatoes last night without it in. I am learning how to drink my coffee and water. Think I might try a breakfast sandwich I have in the refrigerator in a while. I am getting hungry.

Gee whizz, shades, looks like it's only you and me, kid. Nobody else wants to join in?! That makes me sad. I like to know how people are doing. Of course we have the occasional peanut gallery of Harry making an appearance. I like when that makes me laugh.

Bye for now.

Old 06-15-2019, 12:03 PM

Tamiznluv The toofers issue does sound very painful. Kind of like breaking in new shoes. Only much worse. And how scary not being able to get them out fast if needed. I totally understand inside mouth soreness. Mine is still sore from the fall and it is all nicely healed appearance wise but still very tender. I get reminded when I go to put lotion on my face. Can not wear make up very well causing watery eyes and so on. Maybe this is why they want you to slap those teeth in immediately after extraction as you are already going through the pain of the pulling/healing and I guess the gums would heal to the shape of the dentures verses denture plates fitting your gums. I do remember the go round with retainers after braces and it took the doc quite awhile to get them custom fitted even though there was a mold made like you had for your mouth. 50 some thing years later I still have a scar inside my mouth where the lower one cut into my jaw. Hoping each day gets better. Are you allowed some thing like Ambisol (spelling) to put on your gums? Some thing like they use for babies teething to reduce the pain.

I am just awake. WOW I had to get up in the night and strip the comforter off the bed. Temps changed here so fast from low 50's to 90's almost overnight. Anyways I giggled over my clumsy half asleep actions to get it off and it is a foam mattress so very heavy for me to lift. Fortunately I did not lay awake long but it seems to set back my wake up time. All is good. No big plans for today.

Been working on a long dangle beaded lamp shade to hang up high, as in 9 foot, between living room and dining room opening. Had a brain storm last night and ordered battery operated fairy lights to use inside it instead of electric light sockets. Beauty is the ones I bought came with a remote so no need to set inline on off switch. And the light from them hopefully will just be soft not glaring. Now the big wait for them to arrive. It means a whole lot less work for me to do to get this project done. I am sure buying the fixtures and wire and inline switches would have cost more then the 11 dollars I paid for two sets of lights and remotes for each. Time to clean up the bead mess on my work table and go back to my Tiger Lily half mannequin that has been reclining on my dining room table for a couple months or more waiting her turn to be finished. My work table looks really funny when I am working on mannequins. I have to cover everything when I need to walk away if for more than a couple of minutes It is not good to expose kitties to the temptations of all those glass bits . Also to keep hair off. Do not want a hairy mannequin. LOL It is rather obvious there is a body shape under that cover. Fortunately no one ever comes here. Well the one person that does understands what I am doing as she always wants to see progress.

Off to get some thing done good or bad. Going to be another scorcher today.

OH and yes I also enjoy seeing others chime in. For me it is nice to touch base with the outside world. so Thanks Tamiznluv for the thread.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:12 PM

Thank YOU for liking to yap with me, shades.

Lol, that table must look insanely cool! You're too funny, shades. Are you left handed? You sound like an arts and crafty left hander! I'm not left handed but my mother was so I heard all about the trials and tribulations of being a lefty kid and how lefties are smarter than us righties.

Oh well, I have to live with my choices, good or stupid. It is still so early that I need to slow down I think. I just need to vent.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:59 PM

Tanizinluv vent away. What we are here for. I think it is very helpful to have some one to vent to. My close venting friend here is away for two weeks on her job with hubby and my other venting friend is in Alabama. I had to call her the other day more for her to vent to me. Her late husbands family continues to harass her over his estate and he left her nothing and gave the kids everything that was left but they feel it should be more. He has been gone 2 years come the end of this month. Sick they will not let her be and she is so sweet she caves into them. I feel so sorry for her. So glad before Joe died he made it very clear to his sister to her face in front of me so no denying it for her that he was not leaving her or her kids anything. She has way more income that I will ever realize. I sent her some things of his after he died. Called it good. Ha she wanted to come visit me and bring her now 70 pound puppy dog. NO WAY was I going to allow that. Since I emailed her this I have not heard another word from her. How stupid to think she could bring a rambunctious HUGE puppy, 7 months old, into my house of 5 kitties inside and 2 outside.Along with my own two dogs. Nope. WE had this conversation before when she wanted to bring her other psycho dog here with her. This is a tiny house. It is filled up. LOL And honestly I am glad she has gotten into a huff. She is so annoying to be around.

LOL My dining room table has Tiger Lily and bowls of drying rose petals. My work table is not quite as exciting. Really hoping I can put it all back to order today. And I just finished my breakfast , yes it is late for breakfast. How I roll. So I need to get back up and get some more done around here before it gets too hot outside. Heading in many directions today. This morning has already been quite scattered. I just keep saying to myself every little bit helps.

OH and YES I am a leftie. I can also write with my right hand almost as well now as my left. I have almost lost the use of m thumb on left hand due to arthritis pain . I am going to have to get that surgery. I just need to work it out how to get to hospital and back on day of surgery. After I can manage alone with just my right hand.. Left will be in a cast for 6 weeks. Timing is critical as summer time is heavy yard work. Winter time snow shoveling. What to do. As you know being as alone as we are some times has draw backs.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:51 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
I've got nuthin' right now because I fell and hurt my knees four days ago. Oh, ouch. It was an Olympic finish, though. I landed on my knees with no hand involvement.

I want a score of at least 8 for that.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:49 PM

Gerania, OH Dear. That would be a tough call to have to choose between possible broken wrists or smashed knees. Knees seem to take a long time to heal too. I am so sorry this happened.

SO I hope you threw your arms high in the air and yelled YYYYAAAAAYYYY. Before you collapsed in pain. Falls just suck. I hop you will heal or at least be out of pain soon.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:06 PM

Yesterday was whirl wind of activity for me. Too many things to even consider listing. Lets just say a lot more fiddly stuff got done. Happy about this. Today is starting out the same and more mish mash of more fiddly stuff. It feels to me like it is the fiddly stuff that bogs my brain down some times giving me the overwhelmed feeling. So a little bit at a time I am knocking them down to a more manageable list. Silly little things like put the afghan away on the shelf. It is 92 degrees I am NOT going to be needing an afghan for awhile.

One little thing was to get the back dog yard patio cleaned off after all the tree trimming I did out there the night before It was dark thirty when I came in and far to dark to bother trying to hose things off. The joy of this long water project is I sat out there in the middle of the night for awhile and enjoyed the gigantic moon and the cool evening air. Yes I was wide awake. There is a second planet close to the moon right now. Need to go look it up to see what is might be. HA I was tempted to go get a glass of wine to enjoy while sitting out there but kind of felt at 1AM it might be a bit over kill. Hahahaha Now the stalker kid has been put in an institution I can finally feel safe again in my back yard and I so enjoyed it .

The car top cargo carrier was delivered to my front porch with a big thud this morning just as I was stepping into the shower. I was not sure what the thud was so threw my dress back on and went to look. I was fearing the animals had toppled some thing over. I saw it through the door window so all is good and I drug it inside. I will have to open the box take pieces of it to get it to the garage. It is supposed to be 27 pounds but sure feels much heavier than that. Supposed to hook into receiver hitch or go roof top. I do not think I could ever lift this up onto my car roof top. Maybe when it is put together and the weight more spread out it might be more manageable. It had good reviews and was 20 dollars less expensive on Ebay than amazon. Hummmmm. Both free shipping. SO another project to deal with. If I put it together inside where it is cool I could take it to the garage on the dolly. Novel idea. LOL

Back to it.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:54 PM

To the person who does not like my thread....too bad, so sad, don't like it, don't read it. Simple. That's what I did with someone else's thread most of the time.

Good night, everyone. See ya tomorrow.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:14 AM

Good morning, everyone. It was 73° at 7 when I first got up, it's now 82° with feel of 93° already. Man, I so hate this soupy weather.

I have been sick for over a week. Everybody here is sick. I think I mentioned that before. Still sick. I canceled my appointment for my Echocardiogram yesterday. I didn't think I could make it for this morning. Rescheduled for next Thursday, the 27th. I sure hope I am better by then. I didn't even try to put my teeth in yesterday. I didn't want the pain on top of feeling so miserable. That's probably not a good idea to not try but I am so tired of feeling pain in my poor mouth. I need to get my rear down to Affordable and have them tweak. I thought of the Oragel but if I use that, I probably won't be able to tell them where it hurts. Man, what a stupid move I did with getting these.

8.5 for Gerania. No wrist damage. How come you get so banged up, G? Do you try to do too much? Ladders?

Stalker kid, shades? There was a stalker near you? That must've been scary! Nut job? That wine sounded good.

Off to take a nap. I stayed up too late reading a book last night. I read all day and wanted to finish it before I went to sleep. Glad I did, made me pleased that I had guessed what a twist in the story was halfway through the book. My brain worked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning