Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Yesterday was whirl wind of activity for me. Too many things to even consider listing. Lets just say a lot more fiddly stuff got done. Happy about this. Today is starting out the same and more mish mash of more fiddly stuff. It feels to me like it is the fiddly stuff that bogs my brain down some times giving me the overwhelmed feeling. So a little bit at a time I am knocking them down to a more manageable list. Silly little things like put the afghan away on the shelf. It is 92 degrees I am NOT going to be needing an afghan for awhile.

One little thing was to get the back dog yard patio cleaned off after all the tree trimming I did out there the night before It was dark thirty when I came in and far to dark to bother trying to hose things off. The joy of this long water project is I sat out there in the middle of the night for awhile and enjoyed the gigantic moon and the cool evening air. Yes I was wide awake. There is a second planet close to the moon right now. Need to go look it up to see what is might be. HA I was tempted to go get a glass of wine to enjoy while sitting out there but kind of felt at 1AM it might be a bit over kill. Hahahaha Now the stalker kid has been put in an institution I can finally feel safe again in my back yard and I so enjoyed it .

The car top cargo carrier was delivered to my front porch with a big thud this morning just as I was stepping into the shower. I was not sure what the thud was so threw my dress back on and went to look. I was fearing the animals had toppled some thing over. I saw it through the door window so all is good and I drug it inside. I will have to open the box take pieces of it to get it to the garage. It is supposed to be 27 pounds but sure feels much heavier than that. Supposed to hook into receiver hitch or go roof top. I do not think I could ever lift this up onto my car roof top. Maybe when it is put together and the weight more spread out it might be more manageable. It had good reviews and was 20 dollars less expensive on Ebay than amazon. Hummmmm. Both free shipping. SO another project to deal with. If I put it together inside where it is cool I could take it to the garage on the dolly. Novel idea. LOL

Back to it.
You are doing so many things at one time. Your day would have overwhelmed me. I went outside looking for a moon, but there are a lot of trees here, and it's been very cloudy and rainy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 10:10 PM

Just so that everyone on C-D knows, I'm currently using the plastic raised toilet seat with side rails. That thing rules. I can actually stand up without screaming in pain. I didn't scream before that - you have to know that - but it certainly helps.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:17 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Tamiznluv. Yes stalker kid for a year and half he terrorized me right after my husband died. Sick part is I was 67/68 and he was 20/21. REALLY??? I was 7 years older than his grandmother/father that he was living with. Finally he got caught trying to break and enter into my neighbors house, a pretty young mother with two kids and a third on the way, and they put a keep away order on him and he had to leave immediately. In order to avoid jail time he was declared mentally some thing and they sent him off to an institution. In another state or far up north in this state. Been over a year now so I have no idea where he is now. Grandmother and father sold their place, right across my fence, and moved away. She never liked it here so it was a good thing for them. I am glad he is gone I really did not want to have to shoot him and he was getting bolder as time went on. Sheriff told me it is what they make movies about and usually some one ends up dead. They were good to me. They watched my property at night. The hysterical thing is grandmother was in total denial anything was wrong with the kid and in court said she was selling out and leaving because SHE did not like being stalked by the sheriff. Hahahaha Really then control the kid. They set him up in an out door shed one FOOT from their back fence totally out of hearing and sight from their trailer and he prowled around all night long. My dogs pitched fits. I was not the ol one having issues with him He was also prowling the neighbor hood. Three other people could not figure out what was going on and it all stopped as soon as they took him into custody.

Gerania I have trees here too but later on it got high enough in the sky and the skies were nice and clear. A lovely night. Might just sit out there again tonight and read my book before I go to sleep. Another long day. A good day but it started early and I just finished up about an hour ago. Well always more to do. I I called it done anyway.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Off to take a nap. I stayed up too late reading a book last night. I read all day and wanted to finish it before I went to sleep. Glad I did, made me pleased that I had guessed what a twist in the story was halfway through the book. My brain worked!
OHHHHH I LOVE hose kind of books. Reading one now too. And like you I often stay up too late reading.

Old 06-19-2019, 06:32 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,132 times
Tammi. Generia and Shades so sorry to hear about your health problems. You'll be in my prayers.

Speaking about weather last week I had 2 huge tree's that A wind wind took down plus a huge limb right by my kitchen window. The 2 days later a big pecan limb by my master bedroom came down. I'm so greatful that i was blessed by not having damage.

The wind was so bad that my patio chairs were blien in my fence and the patio table turned upside down! The winds were in excess of 75mph.

In town we had 2 confirmed F2 tornadoes. 200 houses damaged real bad and over a 1000 damaged homes. Thank the Lord noone was injured or killed.

Whenever the sky is green thats when I get worried.

It's been a year and a half since my husband's passing and I must say life is good.

Today I'm off to work to take care of a disabled vet. Gotta figure out what to cook and clean his clean house..lolzz.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Hi, shh! Wow, you were so lucky that those trees missed ya! I have never seen a green sky but I have seen salmon colored skies up in Mass where I used to live and that is a sign of tornadoes up there. Gosh, all the rain and twisters up there is just terrible. I couldn't get out of Texas when I wanted to move over here to SWFL, I had to wait for the rain to stop and I10 to become passable in the Texas/La area. It's probably the same everywhere, I know it is here, too much concrete with no where for the water to get soaked up by earth and all "they" do is add more.

Lol, G, my hubby installed one of those higher toilets a couple of years before he died and it was heaven. Didn't need the arms but sometimes I sure wish I had a high toilet or a high seat with the arms now. Can't because of these two "little" basturd teenagers. Both are 6'+.

Holy macaroni, shades! Super scary!! Glad they finally got the little perv! Some males will want sex with any female no matter what the age. After graduation a classmate of mine raped and killed an 83 year old lady!!! 18 years old. Why?? Who knows. He had a few screws loose but never got help or even acknowledged he wasn't right. We KIDS knew it but the adults were in denial.

It's 101° feel like temp again. I am watching big black storm clouds coming up from the south and headed northeast but not a drop of rain. White puffy clouds behind them.

My body is trying to sleep it's way through whatever it is I have. I am sleeping just about 16 hours off and on each day. I wake up tired after 6-8 hours, stay up until it's time to uncover the birds, go back to bed for another 3-4 hours. Stay awake for 2-3 hours and conk out again for an hour or two. Back in bed by 11/midnight. Unless I like whatever book I am reading. I read on Kindle. I started 3 books yesterday and returned them by the time I got to the second chapter. I am getting so picky! I wish Kindle had The Walking Dead comics to borrow. Lol. I have lost interest in the tv show but I would like to see what's up in the comics. My guilty pleasure.

Bye! Be good!!

Old 06-21-2019, 06:59 PM

I'm not always nice, but I'm always good.

Shades, this is the first nice evening that I've seen in weeks. I'd love to sit on the porch, but I can't get out of the Adirondack chair. Well, I could, but it hurts too much. If you think about something long enough, sometimes you find a work-around. I pushed my office chair (with arms) to the door. It's almost as good as being outside. I could sit in the car, lol.

Tam, that's way too hot and humid for me. It was about 89° with about 98% humidity yesterday. I was experiencing allergy symptoms and it took too long for the medication to kick in.

Shh, I'm glad that things are working out for you. I was a complete mess for a while because I had to deal with tax and financial issues for a couple of years, and had, was in, two accidents during those two years. It was a complete disaster.

The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train.

Old 06-22-2019, 09:52 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Choo, choo! Lmao. You are so freaking funny sometimes, G! Ponder your statement and it's true!!!

Okay now, where is shades? I hope she is involved with her many hobbies.

Today I actually feel kinda human. It's been 17 days since I have felt well. I feel a little better today. My body feels so worn out. Pretty bad when ya feel too sick to go to the doctor's. I've just been lying in bed and sleeping so I stop coughing. Knock on wood, tomorrow I take a much needed shower and go out of the house.

It's 88°, feels like 102° and it's not even noon! 77% humidity. I think if I wake up early tomorrow morning, I will try and get my fanny out to Super Wally-World and do my shopping there, when it's cooler. Ha, cooler is relative. Sometimes it's still 80+° at 3,4 a.m. Not much feel like temp though unless the humidity is skyrocketed. I can not even imagine what it must be like to live in places like Nevada, Arizona, really HOT places. I have had my tastes of Nebraska, East Texas and I don't care for them either. Nebraska was dry though.

I am going to try and take a little nap. HAGD everyone.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:04 PM

shh WOW on your weather. Scary times. Been some high winds here lately too but nothing like you have had. Glad you are safe from damage.

Gerania those Adirondack chars can be brutal to get out of. comfortable to sit in except when I do I too dread the getting out of. Great idea on the computer chair. I used mine kind of as a wheel chair some times when my feet were so split from psoriasis. Some times I just could not stand another minute on my painful feet. Now all that is thankfully gone again hoping it never returns. It is called remission. Froever may it last.

The weather here turned again back to mid 50's from 90's almost over night Slowly warming up again, I go from cold to hot easier than I do hot to cold and so suddenly. Burrrr. It is in the 70's today and I am still feeling chills.

Tamiznluv. Yes I was totally terrified for about a year and a half. At one point I spent every evening in a safe room I created on the far side of the house and totally blacked out the window in there so no light could be seen. It was the only time I felt safe as he would follow lights around in the house as I went from room to room and throw rocks at my house. Just to let me know he knew where I was. So I spent all evenings in my safe room with no lights on anywhere else in the house. I had night lights to be able to get around by. Then he was finally caught and within days was gone. He picked on the wrong person this time and this young mother and her husband were in tight with the sheriff deputies and things got done fast especially since there were witnesses to the attempted break in and the dummy left his blood smeared all over her window. So glad he is gone along with his grandmother and grandfather Actually grandfather was pretty nice NOT GM. The was just awful.

Sorry I have been MIA. I went through a bit of a spell I just could not even stand the computer Still kind of there. Nothing happened. I just felt I was wasting so much time on it and not getting stuff done around here. I know crazy right. So the last few days I have been doing little fiddly projects of things that I have been letting go. Or mostly just over looking. Tedious stuff. Boring. Like when I did my kitchen clean out I got board before I did all the drawers. I pulled things from them I would no longer be using but I did not clean them like take everything out of each drawer and clean. It took me all day.

OH and face is doing good. Still a large swollen hard spot, doc said internal scaring that should get better. If not then it is what it is. Not painful just feels weird.

I finished my hanging beaded lamp and the faerie lights arrived so it is hanging and I am pleased. Decided to hang a plant on the third hook. Then finished up three macrame plant hangers and still need to do a few more. All taking so much time. And the weather has been so windy I could not stand to be outside in it.

I am mentally working up a very large project. Weighing the pros and cons. It is bigger, more physical, than I should be doing. I need to figure how to work it smart and safe for me. Then I think do I really want to do this and NO I do not want to do it but it will be so much better. So many projects that are huge like this have turned out so much better than expected I know this will be the same. And all for the dogs to have nice dry dog houses. As it is now they get wet inside then it rains and this is not good at all my constantly having to wash and dry bedding after every rain. At first I was just going to re roof and still might but doing it this other way really would be so much nicer. Also it would use up more stuff that is laying around I kept because I thought I might need some day. Well some day is here. I fear. Weather is supposed to continue to improve for this coming week.

Still working on doing another trip to town for more kitty kennel pavers so I can also finish that project. So while weather was bad inside of the house got my attention Now I will be drifting back out to the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
A "lighter" place to talk.-6-19-2019-beaded-lamp.jpg  

Old 06-23-2019, 09:36 PM

Shades, what? Who is he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning