Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2019, 02:59 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have learned to like geckos, frogs and raccoons since I have been down here.
I really love all those little guys. No geckos here but lots of frogs of all sizes. Lots of raccoons and skunks here too. Not a big fan of the skunks though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 11:09 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
87°=101°. Humidity 67% but it sure feels "wet" outside. Last night it was down to 76° but it still felt sticky and hot because there was not even a whisper of any air moving. That's been happening quite a bit lately, no air circulating. Yet a week ago it was so windy at times, the trellis would blow over.

shades, I saw such a tiny frog yesterday, it was no bigger than my thumb nail! I thought it was a piece of dirt someone had tramped onto the lanai, until it jumped! Shocked me.

Had another nice night of no coughing or getting up. I always feel good then when I wake up. One more day of antibiotic.

I think today I might see how the toofies feel when eating. I haven't had anything to eat yet. I had a cuppa but ahole Linda has been in the kitchen all morning putzing around so I am biding my time. Grumbling just starting.

Lol, shades, the washer is a front loader. The ahole uses the stupid thing EVERY DAY!!! I have to squeak my laundry in somehow and sometimes have to do it late afternoon. When that happens, I may be too tired to put the clothes away right then, so I place them on my bed as neat as possible and then put them away later. The repairman has been out once already, I saw the other day how much detergent she puts in. Waaaaay too much. She doesn't leave the door open when not in use. Mold starting to form on the rubber around the inside. She is such a slob. I'm no great shakes but man, for someone who claims to do housework all the time, I won't eat anywhere except my room, I have one little corner of the lanai table with my ashtray. I won't bring my tablet or phone out there because I might have to put it down. Jim won't invite anyone over. IDK how she can let people come over! Cigarette butts all over the carpets! I won't bend to pick them up! No way. Terrible, terrible.

I hate to admit that my predicament is partly my fault too. I did nothing to help myself after hubby died. Absolutely nothing. I was cemented in fear, grief, couldn't even get him buried because of that VA ahole down the Cape. Drink and wail. That's all I did. I was pathetic, looking back. IDK why I fell apart so badly except I had never not had someone who loved me not alive. I was not self-sufficient to cope with life. I'm STILL not self- sufficient money wise but I am okay emotionally except when this ahole pushes me over the edge like she has.

Oh, goody, they went out. I didn't even know they had. Got my breakfast sandwich and am letting it cool off now. Turkey sausage because we can't have pork in the house. I put some maple syrup on it. Makes it much better.

HAGD everyone.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:53 PM

WOW Tamiznluv, What a bummer you have to feel so uncomfortable in your home. I have heard those front loaders not only cost a whole lot but have many issues from mold and a big one in my mind is once started you can not open to add another piece you found laying in the hallway dropped on the way to the washer. It is an always thing for me. Hubby bought the least expensive washer and dryer he could find at the time His thoughts were the least add on settings possible makes for less repair. Well after my adjusting to the settings, I almost always use the same one, I have not had any problems. I did give the dryer away as payment for some work a guy did for me. They were having a baby and needed a dryer. I never used it except when hubby was so sick. I am a clothes line kind of gal always have been. Hubby insisted I have a dryer even though I continued to use the clothes line.

I do wish you were colser. You could come vacation with me for awhile. I am so glad to hear your cough is getting better again. I would be using hand sanitizer constantly while she continues to be sick. Tuck a little bottle of it in your pocket and do not touch your face with out using it. I had to be so careful with hubby on chemo. When I would get home from shopping I unloaded the bags and put things away and he was to stay out of the kitchen not touching whatever germs I might have brought home with me. Thankfully his immune system was not knocked down too far as he never did get sick the 4 years he was on chemo. I also took all my clothes off and showered washed my hair after shopping. I was not worried about my own germs but I was worried about germs I might have picked up at the store. He always got in the habit of letting me wipe down the cart too if he wanted to go into the store with me. I feel like I sound like a tyrent on this but it kept him from adding to his cancer issues and help him ba as well as could be considering he had cancer.

I also finally slept in longer this morning to 8:30. Considering I was sound asleep by 11 last night it was not too early for me to get up. I kept just faling asleep all evening and finally at 9:30 I headed towards bed read a little bit and fell asleep reading.

And finally the picture of the recycled mosaic pieces on the yard step riser. It is not a real art piece or anything I am really proud of. It was a good place to use up the pieces I made for the bathroom counter years ago and then removed them. The bottom riser has come apart too much to have mosaic added to it. I guess the winter snow sitting on it. Snow and the freeze thaw is very hard on cement in this area.

And an added photo of kitty morning mess. I think there might have been a mouse in my china cabinet cupboard. At least the kitties might have thought so and pulled everything out to try to get it??? I woke up to this. I cleaned it up then had to tie across the knobs as they were intent to get it open again . It was so much fun the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
A "lighter" place to talk.-7-23-2019-mouse-cabinet-maybe.jpg   A "lighter" place to talk.-7-26-2019-mosiac-recycle-step.jpg  

Old 07-27-2019, 02:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
You know, Tami, I think if I were in the predicament you are, instead of buying a new car, I would have bought a used but nice travel trailer to live in and have it towed to a nice rv park. I don't know what your rent is, but I bet you could find an RV park that would be comparable. There's lots and lots of used but really nice RVs for sale cheap. Would have cost half as much as a new car and if you ever decided to move somewhere else, there are people who would move it for you.

Check this one out. You don't need good credit and they'll tow it anywhere within 100 miles of Ft Meyer for free.
Jul 17 2009 HEARTLAND 5TH WHEEL 3 SLIDES $11990 (EAST FT. MYERS) I saw it on craigslist and there are lots more, some even cheaper.

I feel for you kiddo. You're in an awful situation.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:29 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,279 times
Here's where I may move to if my home and 15 acres get to be too much for me....hopefully not in the near future, lol. Springville is the cutest little town and it's not far from where I live now. I'll still be close to friens and my doctors.
Sequoia Dawn Apartments available Studios $675 600ft2 - (Springville

Old 07-28-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Here's where I may move to if my home and 15 acres get to be too much for me....hopefully not in the near future, lol. Springville is the cutest little town and it's not far from where I live now. I'll still be close to friens and my doctors.
Sequoia Dawn Apartments available Studios $675 600ft2 - (Springville
Nice vista, janellen! Comfortable price for a studio too.

Ugh, your post about an RV made me sick to my stomach. I never, ever thought about that. Of course the crap hadn't hit the fan either yet.

Aww, shades, you are sweet. Thanks for the thought but you don't want me anywhere near you....I smoke like a chimney.

Last day of antibiotic. 3 more days of Prednisone. I have enough cough pills for 4 days.

My favorite week of tv starts tonight, Shark Week. I have been watching every season since it came on. I even watch it instead of my true crime shows and I am an addict for them!

I brought home a sand shark once to show my parents and Dad yelled at me to get that thing out of the house. So did I walk down the street to dump it back on the sand??? No....I threw it across the street at the base of a tree!! I never thought about it decomposing and stinking! Oh my....

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:19 AM

I have made a decision about if I can get this tumor taken out, I will go under anesthesia instead of asking for novocaine. Wth, if I don't come out, I don't come out. Problems solved, right? Right.

Sorry about all the pi$$ing and moaning I have been doing lately. The situations really took me for a loop and I have no other recourse to vent. I can't live without venting. It is not healthy not to vent.

The tide turned today and they are all fighting with each other. Little ole me was just sitting out on the lanai when it spilled over out there and I was slack jawed. Kept my mouth shut, head down, smoking my butts. Trying to avoid most contact with them all. The birds, I talk to the birds.

I was thinking about my life yesterday and realized I had a pretty darned good one. I was loved very much and that is probably why I have, still, a hard time being alone. I feel so bad for people just starting the journey. I wish I could take everyone's pain and make it disappear. I really do. Silly, huhn?

I'm having a great time watching Shark Week. I didn't much like swimming in the ocean when I was growing up on White Horse but I didn't think of Great Whites too much but now......they are a big reality up there!

Happy Humpday everyone!

Old 07-31-2019, 12:14 PM

Tamizluv.

You are so right about venting. We all need a place to come vent and get support. Never mind how much. The caretaker group kept me as sane as possible while my hubby was dying. I went there daily if not several times a day to explode.

UGH on the general anestethic. I do not blame you about worried about coming out of it. Last I had was more of a twilight general. I was aware but felt no pain and could not really respond to conversations going on over my hear. Cataract surgeries. But it sure knocked me down for a few days after. All I wanted to do was sleep sleep sleep.

Sorry about the blow up going on around you. It is hard to be in the middle of a fight you are not even involved in.

Got lots of weeds pulled before it got too hot today. More later this evening. Approaching that too hot point fast. I vacuumed the house middle of the afternoon yesterday and it already looks like a war zone in here. Crazy how it can get so dirty so fast. The animals of course and my own fault I am not complaining just venting myself.

I did discover this one little thing by mistake the other day and since then have tried it out several times with same wonderful results. This is a shocker so pay attention. LOL So ok I am usually a good house keeper and with the cats around I always wipe down my counters and around sinks daily if not more. I suddenly had another invasion of those horrible tiny ants appearing in bathrooms and kitchens. OK I NEVER eat in my bathroom so it is not them coming to food. I have heard them called sugar ants but I never have sugar even in the house much less use it. I was washing down the glass top stove with windex bottle in hand walked over to the sink area and there was a swarm of ants going on. I was hot tired and pissed off they were back again for round two this year Thinking I need to get the ant baits back out. Terro safe for kitties. Bottle already in hand I just gave them a shot. BAM they literally dropped dead instantly. So back to my bathroom where they have also been bothering me and same results. The cool thing is two days later they are still gone. So I sprayed some on the front porch where they do come to the cat food and more of the same results. I do keep the porch kitty dry food bowl in a pie plate of water to keep the ants out of it. So this is dollar store version of windex. Maybe not good on the windows but it is great for counter and stove top wipe down and now it is wiping out ants!!! Next I will give it a try along the front of the garage where I have a constant stream of ants going on and no matter how many times I use the real ant spray they are back within a day or so.

Time for my breakfast. Then back to my date with the vacuum. Also need to see if the badroom ceiling fan is out of balace. IT is kind of wobbling. Clueless what I am doing on this. I will shop youtube before I go after it. Have a good one folks. Stay cool.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:10 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Ceiling fan - clean the blades and then use masking tape to tape a quarter to the top side of one blade, see what happens, move the quarter to another blade until you find the spot that damps the wobble the most. Add more if needed or switch to dimes if it is too much.

Ants - terro is safe. Those ants are explorers from outside. Treating around the outside can be effective. I have to do so once a year or so.

Anesthetic - if you can tolerate it and it can be used, ask for propofol. You come out of it fully aware. It seems much more gentle than the opiods.

Venting - vent with purpose. Some things can't be easily changed, and it can be a waste of time to vent on those. I don't vent on taxes - why bother? I do vent on media lies to expose them and push towards more accurate reporting. A flatmate situation can be difficult, and I recognized even as a child that I wasn't cut out for such accommodations except in the most dire emergencies for a short period of time.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Ceiling fan - clean the blades and then use masking tape to tape a quarter to the top side of one blade, see what happens, move the quarter to another blade until you find the spot that damps the wobble the most. Add more if needed or switch to dimes if it is too much.

Ants - terro is safe. Those ants are explorers from outside. Treating around the outside can be effective. I have to do so once a year or so.
Thanks so much Harry chicpea. I did clean it while I was up there. Getting ready to try the coins. Also tightening the screws is a good idea. The videos so far all say to measure blades distance from ceiling but my ceiling is vaulted and figuring that bit out is far over my head. Just had my breakfast. Yah after I did 6 other things first. One of those days. Now off to try the fan.

I need to get some animal safe spray from outside. I think this house was built on a giant ant hill. LOL

Thanks so much.

Hahaha editing to add............ sitting here quietly all animals sleeping. Some one is having a real squeeky snore going on. I can not figure which one it is. Not that it matters. I must be terribly boring today. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning