Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2020, 08:29 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, 77, good to see you. That's so nice of you to be a good friend to your friend and taking her to her appointments.

Sounds like you will have a lovely time over at your 89 yr old friend's house too.

Apparently no one else wants to share with us. I think I drove most people away when I had my breakdown. Guess people around here don't believe in supporting a person after they climb out of the abyss. That's okay, at least I didn't act out except verbally when I was in that abyss.

I have been a little weepy off and on for a couple of days. Might be from the pain of my feet and next week would have been hubby's and my 20th anniversary. 32 years of knowing each other and 26 years of being together. Man, I miss that guy!

Got off my ring buying jag, wth, can't see them anyway, not with the gloves I wear when out.

Have a good week, everyone!
When did you have your breakdown? I don't think you have since you started this thread, have you? I enjoy visiting with you, you have a unique, interesting life from what I read on here.

You have my sympathies about the loss of your husband and the pain in your feet. Do you get massages or pedicures? Pedicures include feet massage and are less expensive than a body massage. If the pain makes you cry then you need them periodically. Does your medical insurance coverage or Medicare or other have a provision for this, as it would be a medical issue, IMO.

My niece gets "down" this time of year. Her brother passed away in 2008, on August 16, anniversary was yesterday. Then her father's death by suicide was over Labor Day in 1984. She will be with her aunt on her father's side, who she is very close with, during this time this year. She doesn't know what they will be doing but is hoping this will be a "good" period this year, the best she has had since 1984 (her words/desire).

Idaho friend just quit posting here, shame because she was interesting and posted often. Then G slowed down as well, and the few random posters don't post here for some reason. So please continue and so will I.

You are not alone in any of this, you know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2020, 04:16 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
Hi Tam and 77.
Sorry to hear about the fireants. Will spreading OFF, mosquito repellant on feet/shoes/ankles deter them? I know its meant for mosquitos but it may repel them too.
October in New England should be beautiful. I used to go up to visit my mom each year that time of year. Might try to go this year to tend her (and dad's and 2 brothers) graves but havent decided. I usually take my 1 remaining brother, but dont want to expose him to covid. I had it in july, and have antibodies, but need to get him tested for antibodies. He was sick in march, but not sure if it was a cold or covid.

Old 08-18-2020, 08:41 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Hi, 77, good to see you. That's so nice of you to be a good friend to your friend and taking her to her appointments.

Sounds like you will have a lovely time over at your 89 yr old friend's house too.

Apparently no one else wants to share with us. I think I drove most people away when I had my breakdown. Guess people around here don't believe in supporting a person after they climb out of the abyss. That's okay, at least I didn't act out except verbally when I was in that abyss.

I have been a little weepy off and on for a couple of days. Might be from the pain of my feet and next week would have been hubby's and my 20th anniversary. 32 years of knowing each other and 26 years of being together. Man, I miss that guy!

Got off my ring buying jag, wth, can't see them anyway, not with the gloves I wear when out.

Have a good week, everyone!
You didn't drive me away. I've been quite ill this past year. When you don't feel well, your daily tasks seem monumental. There's not much left at the end of the day.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:17 PM

Gerania, so sorry to read you have been quite ill! Are you still staying at your son's home? I hope your illness is something that you will heal from. You are missed when you are not heard from!

Spottednikes, thank you for posting, it is always nice to see others add to the conversation. It does get a bit lonely when only one or two post on a regular basis.

Old 08-18-2020, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Gerania, so sorry to read you have been quite ill! Are you still staying at your son's home? I hope your illness is something that you will heal from. You are missed when you are not heard from!

Spottednikes, thank you for posting, it is always nice to see others add to the conversation. It does get a bit lonely when only one or two post on a regular basis.
Thank you for missing me! I have a few chronic things going on, but I have no idea why I have been ill so many times this past year. This mess started last October. I thought that it would clear up with sun and warmth, but I was wrong. That has always worked for me before.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:46 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Thank you for missing me! I have a few chronic things going on, but I have no idea why I have been ill so many times this past year. This mess started last October. I thought that it would clear up with sun and warmth, but I was wrong. That has always worked for me before.
I am sorry to hear this. I hope you are well soon.

Old 08-19-2020, 06:24 PM

Hope you get medical advice to get you feeling better!

Old 08-19-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Hope you get medical advice to get you feeling better!
I have to find new doctors. I say doctors because no one has a private practice these days. In 2014 when a neighbor told me that she was going to one and loved the guy, he had a heart attack and retired. Oh, geez.
On a lighter note, I remember years ago when my mother said that all of her physicians looked like kids to her and at least half of then were from foreign countries. LOL

Thanks everyone. Thank you for caring.

Old 08-20-2020, 07:25 PM

I'm old school, and know lots of what is "in" now compared to "back in my day", and I have to tell you I will go with the old ways whenever I can. My doctor is my age, but Indian, as in India, and we are both on the same page, for the most part. He will tell me why if he wants me to try something newer that I may balk at. And I trust him so I listen to him. I recommend finding an older doctor if at all possible that you can relate to.

Call your health insurance provider for a list of doctors on their "in network" plan. Make sure they are Medicare plan providers as well (I believe you are of that age, as I am). Call soon, you need to feel better!

Old 08-20-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I'm old school, and know lots of what is "in" now compared to "back in my day", and I have to tell you I will go with the old ways whenever I can. My doctor is my age, but Indian, as in India, and we are both on the same page, for the most part. He will tell me why if he wants me to try something newer that I may balk at. And I trust him so I listen to him. I recommend finding an older doctor if at all possible that you can relate to.

Call your health insurance provider for a list of doctors on their "in network" plan. Make sure they are Medicare plan providers as well (I believe you are of that age, as I am). Call soon, you need to feel better!
I keep hoping for a personal reference, but I think that's unlikely. My mom worked for a doctor and he came to the house. The first time that I had to go to another doctor's office I was frightened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning