Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2019, 01:46 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

IDK how I missed your whole post with Larry's link, shades but I did! Oh well, saw it today. Thanks so much for sharing with us! That is quite the handsome inside of your home, lady! Did you do all that glass work on your vanity and those containers? Ummmm, was that a REAL snake on a counter??? I will take Gerania's roach any day over something like that!!!

Ah, 50°s. I would love to feel 50°s. Heck, I would love to feel 70°s!!!!

I went to my patient portal and told my doctor that I wouldn't take that blood thinner. She wrote back that there is now something doctors can do in the ER to stop the bleeding but I still won't do it. She understands my concern and asked me to reconsider Warafin and I said okay. As long as I don't get like my dad did....not being able to eat corn on the cob without getting big bruises around his mouth. Lol, of course I won't be able to eat corn on the cob anyway! Also ya can't eat anything with vitamin K in it. I have no clue except no grapefruit anything. That's okay I don't like grapefruit. Guess I better check my multivitamins and see if it's in there. Just checked, yup, there's 25mcg in a pill. Hmmm.

I don't like rainy season. It pours like crazy then the sun comes out again. Rinse and repeat. During the day I can't see the lighting, just the thunder and I freak that it had been lightning. Chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2019, 03:00 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
IDK how I missed your whole post with Larry's link, shades but I did! Oh well, saw it today. Thanks so much for sharing with us! That is quite the handsome inside of your home, lady! Did you do all that glass work on your vanity and those containers? Ummmm, was that a REAL snake on a counter??? I will take Gerania's roach any day over something like that!!!

Ah, 50°s. I would love to feel 50°s. Heck, I would love to feel 70°s!!!!

I went to my patient portal and told my doctor that I wouldn't take that blood thinner. She wrote back that there is now something doctors can do in the ER to stop the bleeding but I still won't do it. She understands my concern and asked me to reconsider Warafin and I said okay. As long as I don't get like my dad did....not being able to eat corn on the cob without getting big bruises around his mouth. Lol, of course I won't be able to eat corn on the cob anyway! Also ya can't eat anything with vitamin K in it. I have no clue except no grapefruit anything. That's okay I don't like grapefruit. Guess I better check my multivitamins and see if it's in there. Just checked, yup, there's 25mcg in a pill. Hmmm.

I don't like rainy season. It pours like crazy then the sun comes out again. Rinse and repeat. During the day I can't see the lighting, just the thunder and I freak that it had been lightning. Chicken.
LOL Tamizinluv, Yes a real snake but he/she was on the floor. The kitties are always dragging some thing in day and night through the pet door. I assume the poor critters find their way into the kitties out door kennel and the party is on. I often find myself up in the middle of the night chasing down frogs crickets moths whatever to return to the outside and I usually remove them to the far side of the house away from the kitty kennel side and hope they learned their lessons of going into kitty territory. OH worms too on really rainy days/nights. I find no humor or fun in chasing a worm but they sure do. I have no fear of snakes and most critters unless they are poisonous.

Yes all the glass work is mine My brain never gives me any rest either inside or in the yard. After flpping houses for 20 years and having to contain my inner artist to things that were easily moved hubby said go for it do whatever you want here. The house is in trust to the animal shelter Best Friends Animal Rescue . He also said it is only sheet rock that would need to be replaced if someone else just hated the art on the walls. We loved it even he did. He even told me to add another stretch to the house to make my studio larger as I always wanted a nice studio to work in. Well now I work in my living room Hahahah Studio room is not the larger guest room.

It is my understand warafin is what they use in rat poison. EEEEEKKKKKK Look into it first. I love those patients portals. My doc is always good to respond too. My doc wanted me on meds for cholesterol . When I refused three years in a row he said he did not blame me and really it only increased me survival rate maybe another 2 %. I was also never told to fast for this test and it has been proven eating a 4 egg cheese omelet an hour before the test can shoot the numbers up pretty high Next time I will not eat before I get tested. DOH. See how/if it changes things.

Well hate to snivel when you are so warm there. It is another windy chilly day here. My hands are like ice and I have been up and busy for several hours straight working inside the house and even drinking hot tea. Bundled up in heavy long sweater and long pants socks shoes. Going to have to turn the heaters on. I naturally ruin low temp at 97 or so. Yes thyroid issues for me too.

I sure hope you get your blood sorted out. Mine tends to be thin I guess a pin prick bleeds forever.

Old 06-09-2019, 08:18 AM

Good morning everyone. Oh yuck, a real snake. I would be screaming my brains out and looking for my machete! Thin blood, what's that? I stop bleeding immediately when I get a needle. I may squirt out a lot (to me) at first, like when I stabbed my leg with 3 stupid palm tree spears but they stopped quickly and those suckers were in deep! I hope I never fall against one!

Aww, how nice that your house is going to help animals! Excellent.

My nebulizer medication did not come yesterday like it was supposed to. IDK if the office is open today or not but I will call after 10 a.m. UPS was supposed to be here yesterday. First time I have had a problem with them.

Hmmmph, cold hands, turning on heat. Bahhh to you!! The "feel like" temp was 104° until 7p.m.!!! I finally put on one of my two "cool shirts" even with no shower. I didn't feel like cooping myself up in the bathroom with nothing but hot water to wash with. The cold water tank is outside at the back of the house and after noon the sun just blasts on it until nightime. Not pleasant. I was up at 6a.m. before anyone else so I occupied myself looking for more cool shirts. Found a pretty blue one at Amazon. I don't think that will hurt my teeth spending money. I need the shirt desperately. In this weather I try not to go out much. I will have to tomorrow for my smokes. I buy by the carton so I can stay home in the a/c. It's 83° but with humidity of 77%, it feels like 93° already.

Pepperidge Farm oatmeal bread was on sale bogo at Publix the other day so I got two, put one in the big freezer and have one stashed in my room. I need to put my name on everything that I don't stash in my room because those endless eating machines of two teenage boys will eat all my stuff up. I think I will make myself a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. Then call the company about my med.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Hi again. Stupid weather. T+l and pouring rain every 15-30 minutes yesterday into the night. I went to bed with t+l going on. We got 2" last night.

The nebulizer office wasn't open yesterday and I called this morning but after 10 minutes in the que, I hung up. Just as I was getting ready to crawl back into bed for a nap, UPS showed up with the medicine. So, that is all set.

I decided to come post before I hit the sack again. The Samsung repairman is here now. I don't want anything to do with it. I didn't break it. I told Linda to just sign my name to the receipt. Stupid witch, just can't do anything right. Washer is two months old and she somehow breaks it.

Oh well, nitey-nite for a nap.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:16 PM

Tamiznluv, Good to hear your medication has arrived. One less thing to have to deal with.

I also spent the day on the phone with medical insurance and ebay and at post office asking about a package. So far all is sorted but the missing package. Sigh. They are so fast to want your $$ and so slow to even try to resolve a problem when items have not even hit tracking after a week.????

I spent a couple hours purging things stored in my garage. When I did the whole shelving system do over I got so tired of dealing with all the stuff I just put it all into totes I already had. Totes on shelves and called it good but for the last year now it has totally bugged me knowing it was not done right. I started off with two empty totes and now I have 5 empty totes so all is good. I call it progress. Like things are all together and a pile of stuff to go down to the thrift store or off to the dump. They have a free area there for that. LOVE shopping the dump but trying really hard not to bring much more home unless I know I am going to use it right away.

Face is slowly still getting better. Been a month today since I fell on it. Still a hard lump on/in my cheek but it is not as large as it was and very little pain to it now. Still makes weird wrinkles on my face if I smile. Oh well adds interest and dimples to the other wrinkles.

I need to get back to work here. Sat down to take a break after the garage and to make all those phone calls. OH it is a lovely day here windy and has gone from super cold wearing fleece jacket in the house to close to 92 degrees out there. Just shaking my head because it is pretty typical Idaho weather. Laundry on line should be good and dry buy now and I can put the fresh line dried sheets back on my bed.

Have a good one folks.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 AM

I had a kind of interesting day yesterday. I took a ride to find where this Imaging Center was here in town. It must be new because I have never been to it for all the images I have had done. Found it, found the library too. I have been wondering where that was. Found a restaurant that serves breakfast until 2 p.m.!!! Whoa! I had myself a wonderful ham and cheese omelet with home fries and a biscuit. Everything was so good!!! It's run by Muslims so I knew of it already but had not found it. I hope the restaurant doesn't go under because they are being shunned by their former "friends" because the restaurant started serving liquor. They are no longer welcome at the Mosque. That's so hypocritical. The restaurant has always served kinds of pork but use a different grill for the Halal food (clean food). Yet serve liquor to help draw in more business other than fellow Muslims, the Imam has a fit. I will be going back for an open-faced Turkey sandwich I saw on the other menu! More omelets too. I also found a couple of other places I didn't know where they were. It's tough to find places when I am always the one driving. I have learned to look things up first and then go driving. There are two types of drivers here, lead foots and lost people. When I am lost, I hate the leadfoots. When I am the leadfoot, I hate the lost. When I am in no hurry, I just do the speed limit.

I have an appointment for my dentures Friday morning! Yay! I sure hope these cheap ones are passable. With these cheap ones there is NO PREVIEWS of what they look like in your mouth! BUT the next higher ones do but are quite a bit more. I am going to say a prayer that this works out okay. I am anxiously awaiting Friday.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:32 PM

Tamiznluv great news on the new discoveries. Hoping Friday goes well for you and he new chompers. Funny I sat to eat my breakfast and also enjoyed a cheese omelet. no ham. It was so good. Should hold me off until dinner time.

WOW from bitter cold to hot hot hot already. I managed to behead the new flower bed hollyhocks. Not all of them. Just the ones that were overtaking everything else. Second year growth on them so they will bloom then die off and if no more come back I will not be disappointed. They are garden thugs. Need to get out there and mow the lawns next. Lost track of when I last did so but just by looking at it is is certainly needing mowing. This heat really made it shoot up. It is quite windy now so this will help with keeping me cooler while I mow. Might be a thunder storm later this afternoon or tonight depending if it continues on track as predicted When I live it is not uncommon for storms to change their direction quickly. I will not count on rain so as soon as I get done mowing I will start the watering, Actually I can start on the flower beds away from the lawns as soon as I get up to go mow. All is good in paradise. Have a good one folks.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:21 AM

Half the process done! I go back at 4:30 to get my toofies! Lol, I wish the dentures would have the same suction that the goop did. The top was hard to get off my gum and the bottom didn't want to come off! The woman said that sometimes a person will "get lucky". I hope I am one. I couldn't believe they had teeth that actually looked like you smoke! Why would anyone get those? I chose the brightest one, which, imo, was not Farrah Fawcett white! Good enough for temps and better than what I had let them become. Last night I ate my first supper without having to cut it up! Granted, it was only homemade Philly cheesesteak but I didn't have to cut! This morning I stopped at MickeyD's and got a bacon egg and cheese biscuit and hashbrowns and didn't have to cut up the sandwich! I said before, I am amazed at what 24 hours can do for the healing process. These gums have shown me. Everyone at Affordable who looked at my gums were also amazed at how well they have healed in 5 weeks. That made me feel good.

I saved some of my shopping for today after I get my teef. I want to smile at people. Silly, huhn?

85°, feels like 97°, humidity 77%. Steamy. Yesterday was steamy too. Don't like steamy.

HAGD everyone. I will be back with my new choppas! That's my Boston accent there.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:55 AM

tamiznluv, I bet you are anxious to smile at people again. My friend got her braces off after two years then some small tooth repairs and she is so thrilled with her pretty teeth. My teeth are discolored from medications when I was a child. Very young child. Forget now what they said caused it. No matter what I do nothing will whiten them. I do what I can. I am a big coffee/tea drinker I did quit smoking almost 20 years ago so I would not think that adds to my issues now. It is said smoking can slow healing. For you is appears not. A good thing!!! I think I would be diving into a big thick chunk of chuck steak, My favorite meat of all. As long as I get it on sale for 1.99. NOT paying 5.99 for a rib eye or T-Bone. Rather have chuck. Funny though is I still cut it up into bite sized pieced so I can cook it quick in my skillet. Takes me about 7 minutes to prepare my dinner start to sit down and I cook it bloody rare. I eat it out of a bowl in my recliner. I am such a heathen. Another reason to continue to stay alone. NOT going back to meals and having to be social.

It is a gorgeous day. I think it is going to be hot again but so pretty after yesterdays storm. Which I got caught out in and had to keep working. Kitty escaped kennel yesterday or over night and thankfully he almost immediately showed me how he did it so I knew what I had to do to fix it. I headed to town with trash to drop off at the dump and fuel cans to fill and intending to go to the hardware store. Well at the dump, first stop, I scanned the metal pile as I always do and there nicely rolled up was a perfectly good new piece of hardware cloth I was on my way to go buy AND a sweet little perfectly good bungie cord holding it rolled. Well that little bit went into my car and then all I had to buy was fuel to the tune of 31.00. YIKES!! That premium is so spendy. I only got two 5 gallon cans filled to 4 gallons as I can not lift and hold to pour a full 5 gallon can any more. The mower needed the premium I was told not to use the ethanol in it. In the end kennel got fixed kitty was still inside this morning when I got up so I think that problem is resolved.

Have a great weekend folks. Off to do a slap dash clean up in the house, and it is lucky to get that, then see about some more yard work. I had just finished watering the whole yard yesterday when the sudden thunder storm came through and it poured down buckets. Now I know everything is well soaked.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:56 PM

Mmmm, just a quick pop in because I said I would. Mmmm, I's not a happy camper. I will talk about it tomorrow. I am headed for bed. Nite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning