Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 9 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 31 to 40 of 240
  1. seaski2008
    08-23-2009 11:29 PM - permalink
    seaski2008
    Hello! I found this group and am interested in corresponding with other "retirees".

I'm retired for health reasons, and finding the emptiness unsettling. Lack of challenge is making me lazy!
  2. ConeyIsBabe
    08-23-2009 10:10 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Karibear...... YES, here in s/Oregon it is somewhat less hot than last year. In fact I'm COLD inside the house and haven't used the a/c much either, this year.

Well, I always look forward to the beautiful fall season but the long cold winter is not a welcome event. Maybe I'll go visit Florida or AZ this winter

Where is everybody ?
  3. karibear
    08-13-2009 07:06 PM - permalink
    karibear
    It is, and amazingly enough, it's not as hot as it was last summer. I only had the A/C on for a week so far this year.
  4. ConeyIsBabe
    08-10-2009 05:03 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    BUMP ~~~~~

I can't believe the summer is half over
  5. The Cats' Advocate
    08-02-2009 03:59 PM - permalink
    The Cats' Advocate
    Dear All, I am looking for people in your situation, as we urgently need to find a home for a 1 year old male cat that came to our backyard (a poor guy who had been kicked out from a home). We call him Walter; he is very affectionate with people but very territory with other cats. Walter tested FIV positive (similar to HIV but not transmittable to humans or other species). We can't leave him outside as he defends "his home" against any other cat. Do you live in the Tri-State area and look for an (animal) great companion? Walter might be your best bet! Walter can stay until the end of this week at our neighbor's in a cage (our house is already full with 6 cats... all strays that were sick and there is not one single room left :-). If we don't find a place for him we will have to put him down. Not fair, as he is healthy besides his FIV status! If you or one of your friends are interested please leave a message that I can contact you. Thanks The Cats' Advocate
  6. TrulyJaicee
    07-23-2009 03:18 PM - permalink
    TrulyJaicee
    To answer your Q, MN2CO, I headed back to FL for several reasons.... partly for the warm weather, and I also missed the many choices the big city offers, including more job opportunities, and I also missed some old friends, which I have discovered are not easily replaced! I am open to making new ones, of course, but I know these things take time Miami could be just temporary for me again, until I discover what other nice towns FL has to offer! Any good suggestions are appreciated!
  7. Umbria
    07-17-2009 07:13 PM - permalink
    Umbria
    Well, well....a mom & daughter team - how interesting! Now, Coney, I know why you wanted to move back to FL. And TrulyJaicee, why did you leave OR and head back to FL - miss it?
  8. ConeyIsBabe
    07-17-2009 04:45 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    WELCOME newbies & welcome daughter!! It was very quiet in this Social Group for so long - and now a flurry of new single retirees and new posts

Right now, I'm dealing with a problem with Qwest on "intermittent connection" which continues to dump me off line at various times during the day. I guess I'll have to sign up with some wireless internet server and hope that will be better. Anyone have wireless?

The best way to make friends on these forums is to participate often and share lifestyle tips. I can post some more photos but don't want to be the only one hogging the group album and I'll try to compose instructions for posting photos for those who need it.
  9. TrulyJaicee
    07-17-2009 03:23 PM - permalink
    TrulyJaicee
    Well, what a small world! Here I am ,,perusing this fine web site in search of new friends and fresh insight on the topic of single retirees and who should I stumble upon but my mother, from across the country... LOL! How are you, ConeyIsBabe For all others, I'm in Florida, Miami now, but looking for that wonderful town in FLA somewhere that might exist where people are friendly and there's lots of culture and activities for an active (40's) single. Any good suggestions out there? I'm open to future relocation! Thanks!
  10. karibear
    07-13-2009 08:43 PM - permalink
    karibear
    I have never figured out how to post photos. My solution has been to email them to someone else and let them do it for me. Unfortunately, I removed a program from my computer and it took along something from Picasa, so now my photo collection is a lot more difficult to get to!