Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Retired Singles

Group Created by ConeyIsBabe

Now that you have retired from work, either because of years/age eligibility or health issues, what do you plan on doing the rest of your life? It's easier when you have a built-in support system as a married couple, but starting a new life as a single person is more daunting. Do you plan on relocation? Where? How do you make new friends? Let's share ideas. Are you counting the days to retirement? Wannabees are welcome to join this social group and share your concerns. Please post something to keep our group on the top of the list. Please post your favorite photos !

View All Members Showing 10 of 116 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 9 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 51 to 60 of 240
  1. Tesaje
    05-28-2009 01:36 PM - permalink
    Tesaje
    Yes, a singles circle that is not a meat market!
  2. Kingmar
    03-09-2009 10:19 AM - permalink
    Kingmar
    ConeyIsBabe.....That's a fine idea! I'm moving to central Wisconsin next month; an area called the 'Chain 'O Lakes". It's a beautiful place! There's a young lady who runs a unique little gift and clothing shop and she's offered me a part time job for the summer. I'll talk with her and see if we can get a singles circle started. You can try to do the same where you are. I think it would be fun if we could gather singles of varying ages.

Anyone else interested??

What was your reason for re-locating?

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond but the days just go by so fast.
  3. ConeyIsBabe
    02-24-2009 07:16 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    Kingmar........ How about the idea of forming a "Singles Circle" of friends and everyone in the group (circle) get together on Singles Day and every other holiday !

When I lived in Miami, a group of about 8 other gals would get together during holidays, meeting at nice restaurants, just to socialize. It doesn't have to be exclusive for gal-pals, but anyone who is "single" in an attempt to socialize.

Since relocating 3k miles away, I miss that old group.
  4. Kingmar
    02-22-2009 03:14 PM - permalink
    Kingmar
    I agree....Singles' Day is a great idea! Let's make it really different from all the rest and celebrate with something other than flowers and candy. Any ideas? Also, Blue Mountain greeting cards accepts ideas for new greeting cards. Anyone creative out there....submit some ideas and I'll send them on to Blue Mountain.
  5. karibear
    02-16-2009 04:31 PM - permalink
    karibear
    HOW can you eat just one a day?! I'd have them gone in no time. I'm waiting for the after-Easter sales, I looove Easter candy, all those marshmallow eggs and Cadbury eggs and malted milk eggs and.... Okay, now my secret is out. I'm a sugarholic. If I buy it, I'll eat it. No will power at all, not even just a smidgen.

Sigh.
  6. ConeyIsBabe
    02-16-2009 10:29 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    bluecrab...... I was shopping in Big Lots yesterday, everything for V-Day was 1/2 price so I bought two bags of Nestle's Crunch Dark Hearts - not a real bargain at $1.15 per ll-oz bag...... but I only allow myself one choc/heart per day, so they'll last a long time in the fridge

SINGLES DAY ! Yaaaaaaaaaay....... I can't believe Hallmark hasn't picked-up on the potential for funny cards - although probably most people are not buying snail-mail cards as much nowadays, with the high cost of them and postage
  7. bluecrab
    02-16-2009 05:46 AM - permalink
    bluecrab
    Coney, that's a great idea- Singles Day. I'm a single and proud of it!

I went to the Dollar Tree yesterday, the day after V. D., to get some boxed kids cards for the guidance counselor at school. She gives them to students who don't have any.
    Thought I would get a bargain. Ha! Nothing for V. D. was on sale. I guess I would have to go to Hallmark and pay a mint. So anyway I got 4 boxes for $1 each. Stayed away from the candy, at $1 too expensive. LOL
    Did you get any bargains? Onward and upward to St. Patrick's Day.
  8. ConeyIsBabe
    02-14-2009 06:28 PM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    LOL bluecrab

I've been "single" for over 40 years and spent many Valentine's Days alone so I know the feelilng

As I write this, the day is almost over and tomorrow all the heart-shaped boxes of chocolates will be ON SALE !

We need to create a holiday for "SINGLES"........ "Singles Day" ..... a day to celebrate being independent, strong, optimistic, and in control of our lives

Hallmark - are you reading this
  9. bluecrab
    02-13-2009 02:20 PM - permalink
    bluecrab
    Anyone want to join the I Hate Valentine's Day Club?
    With no spouse/so and no children it's just another day.
    How are spending the big day?
    PS- I'm trying to "stir-up some drama" here.
  10. ConeyIsBabe
    02-13-2009 09:38 AM - permalink
    ConeyIsBabe
    LOL Karibear...... we need to stir-up some drama over here, to stimulate more participation - anyone have any suggestions