Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
may l ad you .............do not fall in the gun psycological trap

you carry the gun .............not viceversa..... just in one second you can ruin your life, l don't know how goes the American law but l think it's different from State to State, anyway consider the possibility to run away when you get hard time with dangerous ppl, except for the extreme case..........don't you forget ...........just only one second to decide..........death or live.........without lose the rational capacity to decide
I have been in that situation one fool deciding he wanted to kill me He pulled his gun I pulled mine. One shot, one kill. Solicitor General [same thing as Attorny General] said it was self defense. Yes taking a man's life DID change my life, BUT it didn't ruin it. In most states here in the US you CAN stand your ground. Would I do it again? YES!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:51 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,560 times
The Stinger keychain.

Sorority sister uses STINGER - YouTube

Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM

22 posts, read 20,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
wow ! that looks like you could really........ uh....... poke.. someone with that thing.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
A gun? For Joe Average self defense? Oh, no. Oh, hell no!

There is but one tool that everyone knows how to operate and I mean everybody! That tool is as old as man.

That tool is a..........knife.

I'm never without at least one knife on my person or within easy reach 24/7/365.
I get the question about twice a month in my shop: Q: "What would the best gun be for me or my wife for concealed carry and home self-defense?

I then ask them (though it's a perfunctory question, since an firearms-experienced person would not need to ask this question) "How much experience have either of you had with a sidearm?"

Ans: "Side-arm? What does that mean?"

My answer, even if they say "Yes, I used to shoot a .22 a lot whan I was a kid, and my wife's dad took her out to the range a few times!"

Well OK then, huh? Hunky-Dorry!

I almost always tell them the best solution, in the interest of their own safety and protection, is NO FIREARM at all! Given that they would probably discharge (Q: "what does that mean?") it when they didn't really want to, with an unfortunate result, ruining the door of their yuppie stainless steel refrigerator, or they might seriously injure or kill the person living next door (over-penetration with, for instance, a hot .357 Magnum load.....), or have it taken away from them by a real perp...

So what to do, huh? I point them as the 15% Bear Repellant stream-pattern spray (not those common foggers, which can come back at them! Oh no!) Or there are those combo pepper spray and very loud air horns that can really disorient someone. Or a strobing ultra-bright LED flashlite pointed in their eyes, coupled again with rinsing them down with that 15% pepper spray stream (the streams are very good out to about 15 feet or more!).

Then, all you have to keep handy at home or in your car to go along with pepper spray is a pint bottle of sterilized water mixed with about 5% baby shampoo. (Oh and some heavy-duty 10-12" long plastic tie wraps, just like the cops use!) Then, after you tie-wrap the Ork's hands together behind his back (all hile promising hm that you'll take care of his eyes just as soon as he puts his hands together behind his back!) you will take care of all the residual pepper fluid in his eyes with a simple flushing for a minute or two.

Simple. And... no legal problems with having shot a hole in his knee, when he was just the scruffy and lost pizza-delivery kid knocking too loud on your door. No arguments in court about whether you knew what you were doing or not (Heck; even us "experts" can't always claim that!).

And, if the perp was serious, he still won't be so happy with being blinded, at chocking and coughing on his own saliva, and on rolling on the floor in agony! Now, if you can't then get the cops there quickly enough...

("When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away...")

...you or your wifey can always go get your pump-action 12ga shotgun from you gunsafe (another topic..) and let him clearly hear you cycling the action: "Kah-Chunka-Click!"

Again, if you already know what you are about, you don't need us to tell you what to get. (Now personally, I kinda like the compact .45ACPs, but always with that pepper spray as one first-call option, and the aluminum bat as another. Can you imagine being hit right across the chest by a rapidly swung alloy bat? Smackkko! Followed by various sounds of agony associated with multiple fractured ribs or sternum or upper arm or... or...)

Just remember: if ever you do shoot someone, then the legal fun begins! And really now; it ain't fun at all!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
I can remember back in the day we all carried a swiss army knife that had a pointed awl on the back side of the knife. We would open the awl then place it between two fingers with the rest of the knife curled in our hand. That presents a very sharp point to anyone on the receiving end of a good punch.

The "stinger" is a johnny come lately to the self defense party!

Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I can remember back in the day we all carried a swiss army knife that had a pointed awl on the back side of the knife. We would open the awl then place it between two fingers with the rest of the knife curled in our hand. That presents a very sharp point to anyone on the receiving end of a good punch.

The "stinger" is a johnny come lately to the self defense party!
In Puerto Rico 1960-1962. A good old "slapjack" is a old standard too.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times
Those damn tarantulas needed shook out of your boots before putting them on in the morning. Gas poured down their hole and a match turning them into a flaming fireball was a great defense tool for them. TMI "Young heros"

Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
mossburg 500a 6 shot pump w/ short barrel, i like ITA folding stock.
if u catch the sales under $200 new.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
I love my 92fs. The 9mm is also my favorite round.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
I have been in that situation one fool deciding he wanted to kill me He pulled his gun I pulled mine. One shot, one kill. Solicitor General [same thing as Attorny General] said it was self defense. Yes taking a man's life DID change my life, BUT it didn't ruin it. In most states here in the US you CAN stand your ground. Would I do it again? YES!!!
A person who holds a CCW permit and is carrying has the right to stand their ground in Florida. That kind of rights do hold a lot of complications and I would never leave my ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting