Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 PM

350 posts, read 848,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
the City of Chicago's ban on handguns... have not been directly ruled so by the Supreme Court. Yet.
au contraire
McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
...keep electing ... Grey Davis...
We got that scumbag recalled, thankyouverymuch.

Quote:
California is a "may issue" state, so it depends on the whim of a bureaucrat when it comes to your CCW.
In CA, it's the county sheriff that has the say in whether or not you get it. It's either San Bernardino or Riverside County that has the reputation of being the most reasonable about it, at least when I was in my early 20s and looking into getting it, but pretty much nobody gets one in CA. You have to have a very compelling reason, and "I take deposits to the bank for my business" ain't gonna cut it.

Quote:
Even worse is Illinois, a state that if my memory serves me correctly, still forbids CCW entirely.
You are correct. Illinois now stands alone as the only state that completely ignores your right to bear arms.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:29 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
Good. I snoozed right past that one. I do not recall there being much media coverage of that either. Thanks for the update.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We got that scumbag recalled, thankyouverymuch.
Yeah, you're right. Credit where it's due. But turning around and electing Jerry Brown? Did his first tenure as Gov not teach anyone anything?

Quote:
In CA, it's the county sheriff that has the say in whether or not you get it. It's either San Bernardino or Riverside County that has the reputation of being the most reasonable about it, at least when I was in my early 20s and looking into getting it, but pretty much nobody gets one in CA. You have to have a very compelling reason, and "I take deposits to the bank for my business" ain't gonna cut it.
Here is part of the problem. When they ask for your reason, your answer should be "Because I CAN." and provided you are otherwise qualified, stamp "approved." The state need not be the proctor of what rights they will allow or ignore.

Quote:
You are correct. Illinois now stands alone as the only state that completely ignores your right to bear arms.
It's a shame, too. I know there are a lot of decent people in that state who would like to carry concealed and are being denied the right to do so. Meanwhile I suspect that Mayor Emanuel has armed guards around him at all hours. Go figure...

Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 PM

197 posts, read 299,577 times
Quote:

Again ...incorrect. There are counties within the state of Calif that are *SHALL ISSUE* , for crying out loud a simple perusal of CalGuns will back that point.

And it will also highlight the fact that SB and Riverside countie aren't gonna issue.

That " nobody" gets one , how do you explain att the CCWs running around up here in the North end of the state. I guess they're all imaginary?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,325,429 times
Florida.

We have no silly laws restricting "assault weapons", is a MUST ISSUE CWP state, no waiting period if you have a CWP, no gun registration (denied by state constitution), we have castle doctrine and stand your ground, no silly "painting" restriction for concealed carry, no silly "must tell officer if you are carrying or have a gun in your vehicle" laws, can carry locked and loaded in your car, on your person with CWP, very few ammo restrictions (only no armor piercing, dragons breath and bolo), can do face to face gun sales with residents of Florida without any fee/callin, no "can only purchase so many guns in one day" laws, no receipt necessary for face to face deals, can open carry when fishing, camping, hiking, hunting AND on the way to/from these activities, no legally binding "no gun" signs like some states (Texas).

Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Florida.

We have no silly laws restricting "assault weapons", is a MUST ISSUE CWP state, no waiting period if you have a CWP, no gun registration (denied by state constitution), we have castle doctrine and stand your ground, no silly "painting" restriction for concealed carry, no silly "must tell officer if you are carrying or have a gun in your vehicle" laws, can carry locked and loaded in your car, on your person with CWP, very few ammo restrictions (only no armor piercing, dragons breath and bolo), can do face to face gun sales with residents of Florida without any fee/callin, no "can only purchase so many guns in one day" laws, no receipt necessary for face to face deals, can open carry when fishing, camping, hiking, hunting AND on the way to/from these activities, no legally binding "no gun" signs like some states (Texas).
You beat us on stand your ground in that we don't have specific legislation yet. But no one has ever had a problem. We have almost no violent crime here so I can't cite anything.

Now here's where we beat you. State residents need no stinking government permission slip (permit) for concealed carry. All you need is someplace to conceal it (or them ); and like Florida there's no "must tell" There are no ammo restrictions whatsoever, no restrictions of any kind on private sales or vehicle carry or open carry, and carry in county buildings except court rooms, police stations, and jails is recognized as an absolute right. There is no minimum age except for carrying concealed on person.

I love living in Wyoming for many reasons but this is Number One.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,325,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You beat us on stand your ground in that we don't have specific legislation yet. But no one has ever had a problem. We have almost no violent crime here so I can't cite anything.

Now here's where we beat you. State residents need no stinking government permission slip (permit) for concealed carry. All you need is someplace to conceal it (or them ); and like Florida there's no "must tell" There are no ammo restrictions whatsoever, no restrictions of any kind on private sales or vehicle carry or open carry, and carry in county buildings except court rooms, police stations, and jails is recognized as an absolute right. There is no minimum age except for carrying concealed on person.

I love living in Wyoming for many reasons but this is Number One.
Oh, and our concealed weapons permit is good in something like 37 states.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Mine is good in all fifty plus every US territory and possession; it's called the Second Amendment.

"A law that is repugnant to the Constitution need not be obeyed." US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall

"No injury, no crime.", William Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of England

Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM

350 posts, read 848,664 times
Quote:
This is true, beaten only by Missouri and Michigan. FYI, Michigan holds the record with 40, and is the only permit that can carry in every shall-issue state that has some form of reciprocity.
http://www.migunowners.org/forum/pri...t=156995&pp=40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Mine is good in all fifty plus every US territory and possession; it's called the Second Amendment.

"A law that is repugnant to the Constitution need not be obeyed." US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall

"No injury, no crime.", William Blackstone, Commentaries on the Laws of England
Good luck with that.

Last edited by ohazco; 06-28-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting