Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,325,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Mine is good in all fifty plus every US territory and possession; it's called the Second Amendment.
Let me know how that works in NY/NJ/CA/MA/IL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 08:15 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,903,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Florida.

We have no silly laws restricting "assault weapons", is a MUST ISSUE CWP state, no waiting period if you have a CWP, no gun registration (denied by state constitution), we have castle doctrine and stand your ground, no silly "painting" restriction for concealed carry, no silly "must tell officer if you are carrying or have a gun in your vehicle" laws, can carry locked and loaded in your car, on your person with CWP, very few ammo restrictions (only no armor piercing, dragons breath and bolo), can do face to face gun sales with residents of Florida without any fee/callin, no "can only purchase so many guns in one day" laws, no receipt necessary for face to face deals, can open carry when fishing, camping, hiking, hunting AND on the way to/from these activities, no legally binding "no gun" signs like some states (Texas).
The one thing I don't like about Florida, when I visit with my allowed MS concealed carry permit, is the paronoid laws they have about printing. It gives police a license to hassle even legal concealed carry owners....unless they changed the law since last year (I see your statement "no silly "painting" restriction for concealed carry").

Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
You are absolutely wasting your time trying to get a CCW here in S Cal. You are also going to be in big trouble trying to use another State's CCW here.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:11 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You are absolutely wasting your time trying to get a CCW here in S Cal. You are also going to be in big trouble trying to use another State's CCW here.
My brother lives in a suburb of San Diego and he got his CCW. He's retired and not retired LEO. So it can be done, but I'm not sure what hoops he had to jump through.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
My brother lives in a suburb of San Diego and he got his CCW. He's retired and not retired LEO. So it can be done, but I'm not sure what hoops he had to jump through.
He must know a Sheriff as a brother then because only my Cop buddies have CCW. Joe Blow will never get one. I bet you can count the entire amount issued yearly on two hands. There are 1500 CCW permits out of 3105989 humans in SD County proper. That puts the ratio at .000482937963 or better put, you stand a better chance of winning the lottery................twice........in the same day.....at the same store. That number .000482937963 rounded down is ZERO chance.

A good read here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=217153

Old 06-29-2012, 12:10 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,582,886 times
I hear Arizona is a very gun friendly state. Here in NYC we have the most strict gun laws in the country. Its almost impossible to get a carry permit unless you're in law enforcement or can prove that you need a gun for your line of work. Even then they do a thorough backround check to the extent that if you have a relative with a criminal history, they will deny you! My fiance and I were just talking about this the other day. If I owned a gun and kept it at home in the event I had to protect my family, myself, and my home....and used it on an intruder who broke in, I can still possibly get charged with manslaughter and will definitely get charged with an illegal gun possesion and do 3 1/2 years which is the minimum sentencing guidlines for an illegal gun possesion in NYC.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I hear Arizona is a very gun friendly state. Here in NYC we have the most strict gun laws in the country. Its almost impossible to get a carry permit unless you're in law enforcement or can prove that you need a gun for your line of work. Even then they do a thorough backround check to the extent that if you have a relative with a criminal history, they will deny you! My fiance and I were just talking about this the other day. If I owned a gun and kept it at home in the event I had to protect my family, myself, and my home....and used it on an intruder who broke in, I can still possibly get charged with manslaughter and will definitely get charged with an illegal gun possesion and do 3 1/2 years which is the minimum sentencing guidlines for an illegal gun possesion in NYC.
Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America called Arizona one of the four happy state along with Alaska, Wyoming, and Vermont. These are the four states where we may carry concealed weapons without fear of any government intrusion.

If I were carrying concealed in New York and had an encounter on the street I'd try to walk away, normally very easy, particularly if no shots are fired. But what do you do if it's at home? For my part, I just wouldn't live there. Three of the happy states have small populations and Vermont is blocked from most of America by New York. But Arizona is a big state with all sorts of economic opportunities as well as all sorts of different climates.

When Montana gets a new governor next year they'll almost certainly join our group. Let's hope that gives some impetus to our movement.

Treating a person as a criminal because he wishes to exercise a constitutional right is odious beyond description. But the government considers the Second Amendment to be an inferior right although it certainly says that nowhere in the Constitution. No other right requires fingerprinting. Think about that.

Gun Owners of America is working for you. Send them money.

Gun Owners of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gun Owners of America - Gun Owners Of America

Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 PM

350 posts, read 848,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America called Arizona one of the four happy state along with Alaska, Wyoming, and Vermont. These are the four states where we may carry concealed weapons without fear of any government intrusion.
Don't get me wrong... all four are better than the other 46 states... I'm not denying that... but lets not over sell it. Arizona still requires carry permits to carry in restaurants who serve alcohol and has a variety of statute CPZs. Wyoming constitutional carry only applies to residents of Wyoming, and I believe also has statute CPZ's, I'm not that familiar but at the least campus carry does not exist there. Again, its better than here or most places... but its not free of government intrusion.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:07 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohazco View Post
Don't get me wrong... all four are better than the other 46 states... I'm not denying that... but lets not over sell it. Arizona still requires carry permits to carry in restaurants who serve alcohol and has a variety of statute CPZs. Wyoming constitutional carry only applies to residents of Wyoming, and I believe also has statute CPZ's, I'm not that familiar but at the least campus carry does not exist there. Again, its better than here or most places... but its not free of government intrusion.
We're not perfect but we're still working on it.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
We are both avid shooters and hunters. We are trying to figure out where to relocate to. A large part of the criteria is that the State of choice is very...very gun owner friendly, and that locations to shoot are plentiful. What do you all suggest? (retired...so jobs are not an issue) All your wisdom is welcome....thanks in advance for your suggestions

I would say, Wyoming, Monatan or Idaho would be the best. also known as the Great American Redoubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting