Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
^^^

Holyeeee crap!

Did you ever get that bum tracked down & prosecuted?
Yup. Have been tracking him ever since. Law did nothing, but I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 04:35 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Several years ago, I took on a room mate. Being a mod, there was a guy looking for a temp place while he looked for a place to stay. I had tried to help him locate to this area and when it got down to the wire, I agreed to take him and his 11 year old son in. I was single and lived in a 1800 sq ft home, all by myself. So I said come on.

He was here for 3 months. Couldn't pay the rent on time. He was supposed to be here less than 30 days. However, one thing after another, couldn't find a place, nothing available, etc. After 3 months of grocery's disappearing, no rent money, no money for phone, etc... I told him to get out. He had 72 hours.

The last day, he was loading things in his car and I was kind of napping in my easy chair. All of a sudden, I hear a police bull horn outside, "come out with your hands up". I thought, what the hell? I walked out the front door to see what was going on. I was immediately slammed to the ground and cuffed. My carry weapon was taken. I was hauled down to the local hospital.

Long story short, he had called the police and told them I was suicidal. After talking to two doctors and answering all of their questions, I was released. I went home and found I had been cleaned out. Jewelry, food, etc. He was gone. It only took a couple days to get my carry weapon back, but I never did get anything else back.

How would this have turned out in California?
Easy to say. You would have been sued for wrongful eviction, had to pay what the current leases were running for a year (how it is done in San Francisco) directly to that guy, then faced with the angry mob that decided YOU were the real threat, would have had to move to protect yourself all the while trying to raise the funds for your trial at which you'd have been found guilty of allowing someone else to come into possession of your firearms.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:19 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Nah... I think the Bill that was just signed in to law in CA requires the ENTIRE pellet gun to be a bright red, fluorescent color, not just the tip anymore.

Spray paint companies are on track to have a record year in CA.....
In Michigan you cannot buy a pellet gun with a silencer, like one of those high end Gamos.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:56 PM

245 posts, read 304,427 times
if they are expensive guns (and lots of them) they will be stolen, count on it like the sun rising.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:59 PM

245 posts, read 304,427 times
yes, I am 100% certain that something bad would happen to this guy, were the offended party a certain guy that I know.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:06 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,951,104 times
Could end up like Canada where nice guns accidentally discovered in a car or luggage at the border disappear with no charges brought. Strange how that happens isn't it?

Old 10-06-2014, 04:34 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
My peace of mind is more important than your freedom. Duh.
Actually it isn't

The constitution overrides your peace of mind. This is open to way too much abuse, basically another way to perform confiscation.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:36 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Folks,

With all due respect (something all courtroom lawyers say before lifting their legs on the opposing counsel's assertions), I notice that nearly all of you have refrained from listing your state of residence. The obvious exception is the one who cleverly thought that writing it backward would hide the fact that he/she lives in Las Vegas Nevada.

You wanna compare state legislations? Fine, then kindly reveal the state in which you reside. Otherwise, and again with all due respect (!!!), you've got no dog in this fight. Go now, and sit meekly (and silently) on the sidelines until the big boys are through.

-- Nighteyes (born/raised in Dixie, now living in SoCal)

Last edited by Nighteyes; 10-09-2014 at 03:03 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 05:15 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Born and raised California Man.

Thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in this fight since the early 1980's.

All due repect to ol Nighteyes.

EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN HAS A DOG IN THIS FIGHT!

A DON'T ANYONE FORGET IT!

back to your regularly scheduled programing....

Old 10-09-2014, 05:20 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,510,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Born and raised California Man.

Thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in this fight since the early 1980's.

All due repect to ol Nighteyes.

EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN HAS A DOG IN THIS FIGHT!

A DON'T ANYONE FORGET IT!

back to your regularly scheduled programing....
Ah-hem! I notice that you still, conveniently, failed to specify the exact state where you currently reside! "Born and raised California man" doesn't cut it, 'cause you mighta moved somewhere else. WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

"Ol' Nighteyes" (An active supporter of the ENTIRE Constitution, including ALL of the Bill of Rights and ALL subsequent legislation thereunto pertaining)

Last edited by Nighteyes; 10-09-2014 at 05:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting