Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:01 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,683,095 times

Advertisements

same reason women are so down on men who dont cut their hair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM

810 posts, read 1,807,925 times
I had the biggest crush on a woman with very short hair, almost as long as a guy would have.

Unfortunately, she turned out to be a lesbian, so no chance there . I am more attracted to tomboys than girly girls, so I totally dig the short hair look.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I LOVE short hair on a woman as long as it fits them. Not all women look right with the short hair look. I personally dated 3 women who I convinced to cut their hair short and the look drove me crazy! (in a good way ) Not too fond of long straight hair. Saw a woman with long straight hair this morning and she reminded me of an amish woman!
There is this woman with the brightest of eyes and a great charismatic personality...She is a professional writer...I run into her once in a while...just love her face- what tops it off is that she has this medium length hair that is a mass of natural ringlets....just love that hair...That kind of hair I always imagined on an angel...Too bad she is married...such an interesting woman....and on a Saturday morning I sometimes run into her- all a glow....the sun dancing in her curls and the smell of sweet liquor on her breath....a wild woman...and so happy- to finally be a mother with her wild child in tow- who has never seen a hair brush...

Her hair adds to who she is- those natural curls if they were cut off...half the image would disappear...ON the other hand their is an office worker who gets out of her car in the morning- an older woman with very long hair...form a distance I thought she was very young- She looks pretty bad...like a girl that is actually an old lady who kept the hair of her youth....she looks kind of creepy;;;; You know exactly what she looked like 30 years ago...except now there is this old lady face sticking out - she may as well cut her hair cos;;;trying to look 16 when your are 50 is not becoming.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I had the biggest crush on a woman with very short hair, almost as long as a guy would have.

Unfortunately, she turned out to be a lesbian, so no chance there . I am more attracted to tomboys than girly girls, so I totally dig the short hair look.
The most interesting woman that I have known had "tomboy" qualities...Independent woman- full of life and action...Most had substantial hair- girly girls focus to much on being a girl and don't let loose - with great confidence that tomboys do...funny you mentioned tomboys-most people have forgotten who they were- woman as brave as men..who were not lesbians- In the modern world tomboys would be labeled as lesbians..The super short hair that is a statement of defiance and feminist values - is boring- who needs the attitude?

Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,736,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post

The exact same thing happened to me, although it wasn't a big crush, just a small one. She was just so darn attractive to me.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,890 times
Women just look better with long hair. It's more feminine in my opinion.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I think long hair is sensual- it moves, it can be silky, shiny, and appear soft. It feels good to touch. It softens facial features. I can understand why men like it. I am a hetero female and I think most women look better with long hair. There is something very beautiful about long, healthy, silky hair.
This goes for men, too. Most men look better with longer hair that can by styled, rather than shaved heads or buzz cuts. Really long hair is hot on some guys. Guys shouldn't cut their hair too short, either. They should leave something for their gf's to run their fingers through.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I've never felt more feminine then after I lost most of my hair to chemo - and had to buzz it so I didn't look silly. I have a lot more fun with hair accessories, headbands, and can pull off a LOT more dramatic makeup depending on my mood. It's now almost chin length and really curly - I don't really know what to do with it besides the '90s Meg Ryan curly messy look, but I might keep it this length and shorter.

I mean, come on, how fun are faux hawks? And so low maintenance!

The biggest downsides are losers who think I'm butch because I have short hair and gained weight from the chemo and recovery. While actually going through treatment, it was kind of fun to respond to their comments (because people DID make comments - how rude!) by pulling out a tuft of hair or asking them if I could borrow a few lymph nodes because I was missing mine. :P

Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
I often wonder why this discussion is not about men. I think a lot of it is a control issue. Long hair requires so much time and effort on the part of the person that wears it. No one should dictate such an individual thing for another person. Who cares what men think? If you spend your life trying to please someone else, you will never find happiness for yourself.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

506 posts, read 1,160,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I LOVE short hair on a woman as long as it fits them. Not all women look right with the short hair look. I personally dated 3 women who I convinced to cut their hair short and the look drove me crazy! (in a good way ) Not too fond of long straight hair. Saw a woman with long straight hair this morning and she reminded me of an amish woman!
Is this Amish to you:

How about this:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care