Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,180,845 times

Advertisements

I could care less about a woman's hair length. A beautiful woman is beautiful no matter if her hair is short or long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,567,099 times
Short hair works better on women who are very feminine, slender and pretty. That or you can often end up with the Lesbian or Midwest Mom syndrome.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,813,176 times
Anne's features are to big for short hair but short hair can be cute I just think that it's a little high maintenance.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 PM

442 posts, read 616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I often wonder why this discussion is not about men. I think a lot of it is a control issue. Long hair requires so much time and effort on the part of the person that wears it. No one should dictate such an individual thing for another person. Who cares what men think? If you spend your life trying to please someone else, you will never find happiness for yourself.
I agree with this. If I have my hair longer than shoulder length it takes considerable effort to make it look nice. Depending on the weather this could mean styling it multiple times in a day to keep it from looking limp. I'd go on here but I don't want to bore anyone. In my opinion most women of a certain age really can't pull off a long wash and wear style. Longer hair just means more work all around. When I used to have longer hair years ago I had a fairly long routine that required me to get up at least two hours early to have enough time to wash and style my hair.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM

442 posts, read 616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I think long hair is sensual- it moves, it can be silky, shiny, and appear soft. It feels good to touch. It softens facial features. I can understand why men like it. I am a hetero female and I think most women look better with long hair. There is something very beautiful about long, healthy, silky hair.

But it hasn't always been popular- if you look at high school year books from the 1950's, for example, most of the girls in them had short hair cuts.
Long hair is sensual if the person has nice hair and it is styled nicely. Not everyone really can grow out a head of hair that looks nice long.

On a person with thinning hair or a person that never gets it trimmed...shorter hair is a much better alternative.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 PM

5,335 posts, read 8,564,364 times
My long hair used to be much more wash and wear, but now I need to either put it in hot rollers, or use a curling iron or flat iron on it as its become much coarser. When I do curl or straighten it, its very thick and shiny and looks great. I had a Keratin Smoothing treatment done twice, which gave me super straight, shiny hair, but it was super flat with no volume and I felt like a drowned rat in it. It made me realize what people with thin, straight hair feel like. I've never had that problem, but it gave me more empathy for them and made me understand why they might not want long hair. Luckily I only have to do my hair twice a week, so its bearable, but its definitely more work than when I was in my 20's.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:59 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,540,984 times
because most of the women who cut their hair short look much older and like old fat housewifes! Also they are too lazy to style it.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:03 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,090,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset2000 View Post
Is this Amish to you:

How about this:
Can't say for the second pic, but in the first one she has very obvious extensions.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,140,992 times
I've had very short hair for about twenty years, and I love it.

I got divorced when I was in my early forties, and so I began dating again. I had no shortage of dates at ALL, and absolutely zero negative comments about my hair. In fact, men generally complimented me on it. And women will stop me in my tracks out in public and ask who does my hair.

When I met my husband, we began dating in earnest immediately. A few dates into the relationship, he told me that he had never - NEVER - dated a woman with short hair before. He also told me, in the same sentence (good man) that he liked my short hair.

I've let it grow out some and then cut it back off since we've been married. Currently, I'm letting the top grow out while keeping the part around the nape of my neck pretty short - about collar length. Actually my hair around my ears and neck is usually less than an inch long and has been for most of the past twenty years - other than my fling last year trying longer hair just to see (didn't much care for it).

I am a natural redhead but play around with color a lot. Here are a few pictures of me over the last five years - I dunno, but it seems I much prefer the shorter look on myself - I always go back to it.

Please note that I believe I look very feminine (I AM very feminine) with short hair. Nothing "butch" about me - and I've never been called that by anyone!

My usual short style (color may vary!):

Trying out longer hair and a different color last year -- TOO MUCH WORK!:

Longer look - in between - trying this out for awhile:

To my husband's credit, he never criticizes me about my hair color or style. About the only thing he's ever said to me is that he prefers my hair darker rather than lighter - he didn't much care for the blonde highlights (and neither did I). But hey, never know unless you try, right?

Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,796,393 times
Give me a woman with short hair any day of the week. Honestly I prefer a woman with short hair; Extremely elegant!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care