Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times

Advertisements

Have longer layers cut into your hair instead of having it all one length.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 02:27 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Have longer layers cut into your hair instead of having it all one length.
That's a good idea songinthewind. to the AP who mentioned thyroid, not really considering that as an issue. My mom had a thyroid problem and suggested I got tested and went through that scare a year ago or so... the thinning at the temples has been the last 5 years or so... but I appreciate you bringing it up. maybe someone else will see this and worry about it. thyroid malfunctioning can affect so many things, thinning hair, fatigue, sleeplessness, memory lose, hair loss, weight gain, or weight loss, lightheadedness, depression, good god, you name it, it's responsible for something, haha.

The thinning hair thing, sadly, it seems to be a family thing. And I haven't ever gotten down the hair mousse technique .... if you do it when your hair is wet, it feels like I brushed it all out when i'm done... if I do it when it's dry it cakes on and my hair is crusty from mousse, it holds, and it lifts, but by God I can't run my fingers through it to save my life! LOL there MUSt be a happy medium somewhere!

Thanks for all the advice so far guys.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:52 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeyouhigher View Post
dude horse shampoo?? i dont know about that....

Now that you mention it, yea, I have used it before, is it still on the market? That was awesome!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
That's a good idea songinthewind. to the AP who mentioned thyroid, not really considering that as an issue. My mom had a thyroid problem and suggested I got tested and went through that scare a year ago or so... the thinning at the temples has been the last 5 years or so... but I appreciate you bringing it up. maybe someone else will see this and worry about it. thyroid malfunctioning can affect so many things, thinning hair, fatigue, sleeplessness, memory lose, hair loss, weight gain, or weight loss, lightheadedness, depression, good god, you name it, it's responsible for something, haha.

The thinning hair thing, sadly, it seems to be a family thing. And I haven't ever gotten down the hair mousse technique .... if you do it when your hair is wet, it feels like I brushed it all out when i'm done... if I do it when it's dry it cakes on and my hair is crusty from mousse, it holds, and it lifts, but by God I can't run my fingers through it to save my life! LOL there MUSt be a happy medium somewhere!

Thanks for all the advice so far guys.
Another idea...don't brush your hair, use a wide tooth comb.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Now that you mention it, yea, I have used it before, is it still on the market? That was awesome!
Yes, they still have horse shampoo and conditioner on the market. You've got to look hard for it but I've recently seen it.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Kitten, I take vitamins for my hair, Biotin is the main ingredient, I buy it at the Vitamin Shoppe, in the Specialties aisle, Expecially for Women Hair Formula - 2 tablets a day, my hair has thickened up a little and grew longer from the vitamin.

Be careful though ~ it's made my hair grow everywhere! I'm sportin a new stache and beard along with it. I've been having to get it threaded off lately at the salon ~ not to mention all the other places on my body that need a razor a few more times a week

Old 10-29-2007, 02:56 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Here's the horse stuff. I used to use this too!

http://www.manentailequine.com/images/shampoo_combo.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-01-2007, 01:58 PM

6 posts, read 48,921 times
i totally agree with the B vitamins & the fish oil capsules, both are great for your hair! you can also try a body building shampoo from maxesse (the makers of maxiglide, maxius beauty) they have thickening & strengthening ingredients in them and the make a protein conditioner too.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
Does anyone swim or surf with long(er) hair? I asked before, but didn't get any tips. I need some way to keep my 4-5 inches past my shoulder hair tied up in the water. The little fabric-coated rubber scrunchy strings just roll off after a little while when I put it in a pony tail. Should I try tying it up in a bun or is there another way?

Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,372,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Does anyone swim or surf with long(er) hair? I asked before, but didn't get any tips. I need some way to keep my 4-5 inches past my shoulder hair tied up in the water. The little fabric-coated rubber scrunchy strings just roll off after a little while when I put it in a pony tail. Should I try tying it up in a bun or is there another way?
I would try a tight bun on your head, under your swimming cap. that's really the only way you can contain a lot of hair and still swim efficiently
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care