Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 5,081 times

Advertisements

My job requires me to work on the east side (9 Mile Road) of Richmond 2-3 days a week and on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News 2-3 days a week. I'm looking for a smaller town or rural area west of the James somewhere between the two. Would prefer a little closer to Richmond the Newport. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 08:58 AM

29 posts, read 145,570 times
There are lots of small, rural towns that way- how far do you want to be off of I-64?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:53 PM

213 posts, read 1,020,693 times
the upper end of James City County - Lightfoot, Toano, vroaker areas, Lanexa, even closer in to the City of Williamsburg. Budget? Needs - such as schools for kids.
JCC allows for easy access to both, the "upper end" and lanexa, Providence Forge areas closer to Richmond, cheaper, more rural

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,020,951 times
hubby and i just purchased a home in lanexa. i love that it is rural yet still close to williamsburg and everything it has to offer. hubby is working in newport news and i'm hoping to find employment somewhere between newport news and richmond. any realtors out there looking to hire graphic designer/marketing coordinator with 5 years experience to design all your marketing materials and print advertisements send me a pm and i'll forward you my resume and work samples.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroberts_47401 View Post
My job requires me to work on the east side (9 Mile Road) of Richmond 2-3 days a week and on Jefferson Avenue in Newport News 2-3 days a week. I'm looking for a smaller town or rural area west of the James somewhere between the two. Would prefer a little closer to Richmond the Newport. Any ideas?
Have you ever thought of Williamsburg?! Its right in between the two!-its about a 40 min drive to nine mile,(i use to live off of laburnume and 9 mile) and its a 20-30 drive to Newport News,depending on how deep or how far into Newport News you're going. Good Luck to you though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area