Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:36 PM

43 posts, read 47,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
Can't imagine life without you Coconut.....
He's right.... Totally different situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 01:33 AM

998 posts, read 1,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oduengineer88 View Post
He's right.... Totally different situations.
got it.....

now on to the HRBT.......

Old 08-02-2016, 01:45 AM

998 posts, read 1,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan west View Post
Have you two ever met it the real world? Maybe you guys should go on a date and work out your differences. You have heard that opposites attract.. I love you both because I have used your arguments to augment my decision making on picking my place to live. I somehow achieve balance in between the counter views. Thanks to you both.
Alan W.
It's quite fulfilling to be loved by a random, dubious emoji poster, thanks for the kind words and let me know what other decisions I can help you with AW.......

Old 08-02-2016, 07:59 AM

979 posts, read 1,776,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
HRBT won't get any attention until our elected officials travel beyond the beltway and realize that there are other parts of the state besides NOVA. I think they are afraid to venture out....
While traffic at the HRBT can absolutely suck at times, traffic on the Beltway in NOVA, 66 in NOVA, and 95 from DC to Fredericksburg are honestly all worse.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:57 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,827,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
While traffic at the HRBT can absolutely suck at times, traffic on the Beltway in NOVA, 66 in NOVA, and 95 from DC to Fredericksburg are honestly all worse.
True, but that doesn't mean the rest of the state should continue to get neglected and the one time the state decides to invest a large amount of money outside of NoVA, it ends up being the US-460 toll road boondoggle that never even broke ground, which was money completely wasted that could've benefitted other projects that are actually needed in the state that isn't in NoVA. Another waste of money that could've been put towards HRBT and other needed projects is the Coalfields Expressway connecting the middle of nowhere in far southwestern VA with the middle of somewhere near Beckley, WV.

I've been told before that VDOT was simply focusing on where the worst congestion/road conditions are. I-81, HR, and I-73 disagrees.

Last edited by LM117; 08-02-2016 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area