Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,333,333 times

Advertisements

I am a bit of a ghost buff myself . I have heard that Trinity Episcopal Church in Portsmouth can be a good place - specifically the graveyard. There are some VERY old graves on the High Street side in a little courtyard with access right at the sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 AM

18 posts, read 48,404 times
Check out Ghost Hunters Of Southside Tidewater. They are located in Virginia Beach.

These are real Ghost Hunters.

Here is their website.

G.H.O.S.T. Ghost Hunters Of Southside Tidewater |

This group has been on TV, in the Newspaper and Magazines.

Here is a recent article that was in the Newspaper about them.
Local Ghost Hunters probe a Virginia Beach home | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

They have been around for many years and they are the best around.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:58 AM

88 posts, read 310,423 times
Yes, word is Cavalier Hotel is haunted, but I did a photo shoot there back in the 90's, and also attended a wedding there back in the 90's and hung out in one of the rooms where friends were staying for the wedding... no ghosts popped out at me..lol

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/hampt...#ixzz0XJzj8pIv

Old 11-19-2009, 09:16 PM

371 posts, read 1,191,424 times
There are a lot of haunted places on Ft. Monroe, the Army Post in Pheobus/Hampton just over the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. When my family lived there we lived in a house that had a ghost. Many of the other military families had reported seeing odd things in their quarters as well. Even before they knew that the place was haunted. There is a museum inside the walls of the old fortress, it is open every day but Christmas, until 4 pm every day. They sell a book of ghost stories about Ft. Monroe. Barnes and Noble used to have a whole section with books about Virginia and they have quite a few on haunted areas as well.

There is a paranormal group on the Peninsula also. I believe they are have a website on Yahoo groups online.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:17 PM

290 posts, read 1,159,570 times
Well someone jus turned off the lights in my room, and it wasnt me..So yeah there are ghosts here..

Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 PM

161 posts, read 685,109 times
Have you heard about the Epic Con?

Epiccon Homepage

It's a three-day ghost conference at the Cavalier in March which includes the first-ever ghost hunt of the hotel.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 PM

91 posts, read 374,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosurfa7 View Post
Word is Elbow Road is haunted...though I don't know if that is just because you got city folk driving on a dark country road that feels like it is waaay outside of Chesapeake or Virginia Beach. Supposedly it was on A&E unsolved mysteries awhile ago (though the A&E part was from a friend don't know if that is entirely true).
I travel Elbow road semi-frequently. Never had any other than ordinary experiences. I'd be interested to hear about what the legend might be if you come accross it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Well someone jus turned off the lights in my room, and it wasnt me..So yeah there are ghosts here..
That just means you haven't paid your power bill.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 AM

161 posts, read 685,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFGebo View Post
I travel Elbow road semi-frequently. Never had any other than ordinary experiences. I'd be interested to hear about what the legend might be if you come accross it.

That just means you haven't paid your power bill.
I don't think there's really a legend, I've always heard it's haunted due to the amount of fatal car wrecks over its history...similar to Shore Drive.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,787 times
come and visit Colonial Williamsburg...take the original ghosts of Williamsburg candlelight walking tour...cause it is great and I work for them as a guide..best tour available...or if you cannot make the tour go to the Peyton Randolph house at night...look at the top floor of the front of the house...you will see two of those windows and you cannot miss them....glowing an erie green....sometimes the green is very visable others kinda weak...bear in mind the house is not wired with electric light...just electricity to run the ac and heating system and the motion detection and security system on the house...also, stand and look at either the far right or left top windows and sometimes you are rewarded with a shadow figure looking back at you...no color..just the shape of a person standing there..I always think of a colonial wearing a cloak and tricorn hat when I see it...and I have seen it many, many times while giving a tour out there.....

Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM

90 posts, read 288,224 times
There must be something haunted in the area, because I saw three TAPS vans driving on 264 towards VA Beach (in between the Witchduck & Independence exits) this morning. My husband is a HUGE Ghost Hunters fan & when I tell him this...he's going to flip.

I'm pretty sure it was the TAPS from RI, because the two vans & one suv were entirely black with the yellow TAPS on the side & back, and they had RI plates....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area