Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:25 PM

12 posts, read 48,808 times

Advertisements

Grassfield has 2,150 kids. It is built for 2,400.

It's not over crowded. It will be in the future if they don't get rid of those neighborhoods from Deep Creek.

But they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM

239 posts, read 633,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
Grassfield is overcrowded. THey got over 2500 students! But subdivsions are sprouting up everywhere in that hood. They may sprawl all the way to Carolina
The subdivision growth has pretty much crawled to a halt in that area from what I have seen. There are many with only a few houses built and the rest just empty lots. Who knows what will happen in 10-15 years, but I really don't see anyone building in the sub divisions for a long time to come. Also, look at the Walmart complex off of Dominion next to the high school, about 75% of the stores sit empty.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:23 PM

Yeah, but I'm really worried that they will build stuff there. Have you noticed across the street from the high school? It's covered in empty stores..and those stores will eventually turn into something.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:21 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,342,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlyHole View Post
Yeah, but I'm really worried that they will build stuff there. Have you noticed across the street from the high school? It's covered in empty stores..and those stores will eventually turn into something.
Those aren't stores, they are office buildings and they have doctors offices in them. They aren't empty.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeakesim View Post
The subdivision growth has pretty much crawled to a halt in that area from what I have seen. There are many with only a few houses built and the rest just empty lots. Who knows what will happen in 10-15 years, but I really don't see anyone building in the sub divisions for a long time to come. Also, look at the Walmart complex off of Dominion next to the high school, about 75% of the stores sit empty.
All back behind Mill Creek they are building tons of houses! It's so much sprawl. It has slowed, but not stopped. I remebmer when there wasn't ANYTHING out that way.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboi757 View Post
Those aren't stores, they are office buildings and they have doctors offices in them. They aren't empty.
Are you sure they are all doctor's office's, they looked mostly empty to me? I wouldn't worry about much going in that way for awhile, we have enough nail salons, hair salons, Game Stops, etc. in Chesapeake to not need any more.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeakesim View Post
Are you sure they are all doctor's office's, they looked mostly empty to me? I wouldn't worry about much going in that way for awhile, we have enough nail salons, hair salons, Game Stops, etc. in Chesapeake to not need any more.
Nahh, I only know of two over there becasue my old doctor moved there.

But I'm sure the aren't stores because the land is zoned for industrial, they won't put stores next to a school, I don't think.Not in Chesapeake.

And yeah, how many Blockbuster's, Gamestops, McDonalds, does that neighborhood need?

Old 10-24-2009, 09:20 AM

You're right, those buildings look more office/industrial to me and not built for shopping. It's funny, where I live we have probably 5 Wendy's within 5 minutes of us and don't get me started about nail salons, every little strip mall they put in has to have a nail salon. The one near Walmart actually has 2, plus I think there is one in the Wal-Mart itself. We need to get something cool out there like an Olive Garden, something that is actually useful.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:15 AM

haha!
It's really funny, everytime I'm out riding around and I see something being built (which is always)..I (and whoever's in the car with me) try to guess what it is they're building. And nine times out of ten it's a bank or a pharmacy. And every single strip mall has a nail salon in it.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM

All the restaurants in Chesapeake are centrally located in Greenbrier.

As the population of the Grassfield neighborhood continues to grow, you will most likely start to see a higher quality of retail/restaurants.

Like just in the past couple years a WalMart, Wendy's, Taco Bell, 7-11, Dollar Tree, Dentist, High School etc. all sprouted up on that oold empty field.

That's like suburbs galore though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area