Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area
 [Register]
Harrisburg area Cumberland, Dauphin, and Perry Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 963 times

Advertisements

Hi I have recently moved into a townhouse. It's in mechanicsburg and sets back off of all main roads (looked like a great place for someone with a child). Anyhow I moved from a place with mold and electrical problems (landlord did nothing). We moved in March and at first we loved it until about a week after and found out our neighbor likes to play his music (with really loud bass) any hour of the day or night. I have already called my landlord 7 times in the past now 4 months and the cops have been called 5 or 6 times. The cops told him that the next time he will get fined and the landlord told him the next time it was eviction. Well this was about a week or so ago. Well Friday it started all over again. My fiance had to call the cops at 8:30 pm due to it was so loud it vibrates our walls and we can't hear our tv even with it turned up the whole way. So again about 12:40 the music came on again (with the bass). So again I called the cops but at night he will turn it on for about 20 to 30 minute intervals so by the time the police get there it is no longer on. But then about an hour later it will come on again. I have tried to be nice and ask him to just turn down the bass and have explained that it is waking my 2 yr old. And of course then I started calling the landlord/cops. Well apparently this neighbor just doesn't care and we are at our wits end. We feel can't live like this anymore. The cops are helping us out and I actually talked to the leutenient for like 1/2 hour one day. But the landlord doesn't seem to want to do anything. He just keeps saying to call the cops. When I called my landlord yesterday the girl that works in the office said well the last letter said he would be evicted so we will start the process and then when I talked to her last night (she is a neighbor of mine also) she said oh well the landlord is basically saying to keep calling the cops (so he is not taking action). I just feel like with the sleep deprivation and the stress I am either going to do something I would not normally do and would really regret or I am going to have a nervous breakdown. I work 11 hour days and then I have my family to take care of and with most nights I am lucky to get 3 or 4 hours of sleep due to the music. The air conditioner doesn't even drown the noise out. I just feel stuck and I'm not really sure what else I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don't have the money to break the lease on my own and be out the rest of the years rent (we have 8 months left on the lease) and to be out the security but at this point I might just go insane if this doesn't stop. I'm not sure how much the police will take but I know I can't take much more. And the landlord apparently doesn't care how it affects anyone. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 05:33 PM

24 posts, read 59,130 times
File a claim at the courthouse or contact a lawyer. At the least record what you can and send a certified letter to the landlord explaining your intent to break lease without penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg area