Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,927,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomistick View Post
"I feel stupid because Lomistick showed everyone how wrong I was. I think I will keep my posts short from now
on or I might look like an even bigger fool. I will just harrass people now with irritating remarks because
I am upset." - Nullgeo
Lomistick, you are simply irresistible You haven’t shown anyone here how wrong I was, or anyone else who responded to your request for information. OpenD, in particular, offered you some excellent information and considerations to add to your research and you lashed back in anger because it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. You’ve haven’t shown anything but an offensive defense of your dream-state. One thing your “22-room house” upbringing apparently couldn’t do for you was to develop your ability to carefully consider information you have asked for, regardless of whether it fits what you want to hear or not – and then take even the negative into careful consideration.

You apparently lived in Hilo a couple years while going to school (yet, you posted recently asking “what are Hawaiian women like?” Two years and you have to ask? That threw me off, all right, into thinking you hadn’t been here!) ... You protest that you have worked in personal services – but what I said before was that “you haven’t worked in the [same] personal service in which you now seek a new career” and about which career you have asked for information. ... And there’s no question about you being quite young, actually, in years and in outlook.

As for humbling experiences (to knock me off my high horse), as unpleasant as I find you, I sincerely hope you never have to live through the pain and loss and struggle I have. I am a (combat) disabled war veteran, and a widower who had to raise my four children without their mother, my teen sweetheart and loving wife for 27 years, who died in my arms as I cared for her. Before retirement I was a business owner who employed over a dozen people, and who coached kids in sports. Prior to that I taught in public schools. I have (as a volunteer) nursed and held injured and dying strangers and loved ones alike. I have achieved multiple college degrees, undergraduate and graduate, in performing arts (in spite of my acquired disability in service) and in physical science. I am even fluent in multiple languages, as you claim to be, -- and have lived across the country in nine states (including Hawaii) and two third-world countries. And, disabled and retired though I may be, I have disciplined myself to maintain health, strength, and conditioning at levels considered by doctors and friends alike to be exceptional as I live in the woods and on boats in a highly physically demanding and minimalist lifestyle – following my beliefs in social responsibility. Now, go ahead and ridicule my ‘resume’ above. Tell me about humility through lessons learned. Tell me about getting knocked off my high horse. Tell me all about [living] “a beautiful dream”, as you claim to be living.

You follow your dream, young man. And find your own path to humility, which you have not yet begun to walk. When you have served as I have, your family, your community, strangers in need, the youth of tomorrow's dreams, your country – and have paid the price I have, let’s get together and swap yarns.

Best wishes (sincerely)
(and consider checking your own grammar and spelling before criticizing others')
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:03 AM

64 posts, read 173,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaedrem View Post
Lomstick, your self-righteous rants and personal attacks on other people are a real downer; I would not classify you as a person having a good, peaceful attitude or outlook on life. It is the reality that the way you think neither entitles nor guarantees that you will make it somewhere new. But if you think that all of those people who lost their jobs and are struggling because of the downturn are righteously punished for holding negative vibes, then I think that you definitely should come to Hawaii and pursue the most outlandish professions possible; but I guess you wouldn't even learn from a mistake because everything is turned into something "positive." Your posts give a new meaning to the title of this thread.

I don't wish misfortune upon any other human being.

All of my attacks have been in defense to attacks made upon me.

If you wish misery upon me, that is your own choice. I do not feel the same hate towards you.

If you wish to classify me and judge me as a human being without ever having met me or having spoken to me, that is your choice as well.

I do not judge you, nor do I pretend to know anything about you.

I don't expect any of you negative thinkers to ever think or feel like I do.

I realize how difficult it is for you to understand that there is a correlation between your inner thoughts and the physical reality you see in front of you.

You are free to hate on me as much as you like, but you will be the only one feeling the effects of it.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,509,770 times
Quote:
All of my attacks have been in defense to attacks made upon me.
This is such egregious self-delusion that I have to respond. You started this food fight by slamming people who are just trying to help you. YOU sir, have been the most consistently negative poster in this thread.

Quote:
I do not judge you, nor do I pretend to know anything about you.
More bull****. You've been doing nothing but judging people here, labeling genuine attempts to portray an accurate picture of the actual situation here as "negative thinking." You've been given fact after fact, verifiable facts, that you've discounted because they did not fit your prejudiced viewpoint.

Quote:
I realize how difficult it is for you to understand that there is a correlation between your inner thoughts and the physical reality you see in front of you.
What physical reality are you creating for yourself by continuing your attacks on people who are just trying to help you avoid making mistakes that could be quite painful and costly for you?

As my brightest and best mentor puts it, "positive thinking" is like painting over rust. It doesn't alter reality, it just covers it up. In order to create the reality you want, you need to have your feet firmly planted in "what's so," not "what I wish were so," and not "what I fear is so." Simply in "what's so." Anything else is simply self-delusion.

I suggest you switch gears and start expressing appreciation for the effort people have been making here to communicate with you, despite your bad behavior. Nobody lied to you here, nobody misinformed you. They simply took time to share with you what THEY see. You should be grateful, because you have not earned the generosity you've been shown. It's all been grace at work.

And I say that from the perspective of having spent the last 22 years teaching and coaching people to achieve their dreams, in over 2,000 workshops, in 6 countries, with a remarkable success record. I know exactly what you are talking about, but you are not doing it right.

I suggest you clear your own mind of your negativity, get your feet on the ground, and then come back here and apologize for being such a willful brat.

Namaste
OpenD

Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
OpenD, in particular, offered you some excellent information. Take even the negative into careful consideration.
OpenD got burned because he was inexcusably putting out false and overly negative information about the massage industry in Hawaii. I have already written pages on this. You are welcome to your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Tell me about humility through lessons learned. Tell me about getting knocked off my high horse. Tell me all about [living] “a beautiful dream”, as you claim to be living.
As you wish.

My friend, in your advanced age, and through all of the experiences that you have undergone, you have not yet learned that deeply judging other people, especially complete strangers on the internet that you have never met and know nothing about, might be a terrible decision that will only hurt yourself.

You have listed your life's resume in an attempt to egotistically prove that you are somehow better, or more learned than other people. You have yet to learn that we are all equals on this Earth. It is a common mistake to believe that you have suffered more than others.

I will not post my life's resume because I don't feel the need to compare myself to you, or show that I am better, because I already know that I am not better than you.

Picking fights with strangers on the internet unprovoked is not a good way to live your life.

Your burning anger directed towards me is your own to keep. As long as you are holding onto it, you will be the only one feeling it's painful sting. You should spend less time pouring your hate out to others on the internet and put more time and consideration into learning how you can become a happier person. I have plenty of recommendations if you are interested and I am happy to share them with you.

I think this thread will be locked soon. So in closing, I just want to say that I have defended myself to the utmost in this thread because I am so sick of the internet swarming with relentless negativity. I hold absolutely no ill will or hate towards anyone I have spoken too.

To anyone thinking about pursuing a dream: Anything is possible if you put all of your energy into it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise because they are surely mistaken. Don't let anyone paint your life with pictures of economic horror, misery, and future misfortune waiting for you around the corner. That is their view of reality. Don't let them make it yours.

The choice is yours.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,716,798 times
Lomo,
Didn't we go though this 2 years ago with you? You wanted to know about being a massage therapist and the answer back then was its starting to go down hill. Many gave examples of what was pre 2009 and what it was in 2009 and it wasn't looking good back at that time. Now a year and half later, your back askingt he exact same thing. And the answers now are not as good as it was in 2009. What i don;t understand is you lived on Hawaii so don;t you know what the heck is going on inthat business? You were here, didn;t you do any research into what carreer you are goining into while you were located where you wanted to work? I'm starting to getb the impression all your talk is a fantasy just like your idea of making it big as a massager.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
This is such egregious self-delusion that I have to respond. You started this food fight by slamming people who are just trying to help you. YOU sir, have been the most consistently negative poster in this thread.
At this point it's become all ego. I understand your anger, but you should realize that you were wrong and let it go.

Quote:
More bull****. You've been doing nothing but judging people here, labeling genuine attempts to portray an accurate picture of the actual situation here as "negative thinking." You've been given fact after fact, verifiable facts, that you've discounted because they did not fit your prejudiced viewpoint.
I labeled your posts as negative because they are. I do not judge you as a human being. I'm sure if I met you in real life without knowing knowing who you were online we would probably get along just fine.

No, you were spreading bad information, such as the amount of working therapists on the island. You failed to mention that the number on the chart didn't include self-employed workers, which allowed you to create an erroneous number that had no bearing on reality. I have shown everyone on this board how wrong you were and you haven't even addressed it.

I am even getting thank you letters and messages from other users for pointing out your mistakes.

Quote:
What physical reality are you creating for yourself by continuing your attacks on people who are just trying to help you avoid making mistakes that could be quite painful and costly for you?
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Not that I think you care about me, but even if you did, spreading bad information is a sure way to cause somebody harm.

Quote:
As my brightest and best mentor puts it, "positive thinking" is like painting over rust. It doesn't alter reality, it just covers it up. In order to create the reality you want, you need to have your feet firmly planted in "what's so," not "what I wish were so," and not "what I fear is so." Simply in "what's so." Anything else is simply self-delusion.
There are no limitations to what the human mind can accomplish.

Quote:
I suggest you switch gears and start expressing appreciation for the effort people have been making here to communicate with you, despite your bad behavior. Nobody lied to you here, nobody misinformed you. They simply took time to share with you what THEY see. You should be grateful, because you have not earned the generosity you've been shown. It's all been grace at work.
I am not grateful for your misguided limited view on reality. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings.

You have misinformed everyone on this board.

Why don't you tell us again those unemployment numbers that you invented? Or how about how many working therapists you said there are in Hawaii? Or perhaps how many years the average massage therapist works in the industry before quitting?

You are actually the one that should be apologizing for putting out bad numbers. I realize you won't ever see that though. It's ok. I'm just glad everyone else can.

Quote:
And I say that from the perspective of having spent the last 22 years teaching and coaching people to achieve their dreams, in over 2,000 workshops, in 6 countries, with a remarkable success record. I know exactly what you are talking about, but you are not doing it right.

I suggest you clear your own mind of your negativity, get your feet on the ground, and then come back here and apologize for being such a willful brat.

Namaste
OpenD
Wow, for such an amazing teacher, with so much experience, and such an amazing track record, you sure are letting your anger get the best of you. I'm just a "willful brat" on the internet after all. Are you sure you are fit to teach?

Any great teacher will tell you that until you are self-realized and in control of your own life, you can't help other people. If you try, you will only do others harm. You should focus on evolving yourself before you try helping others. If I saw my teacher misinforming people and fighting with a "willful brat" on the internet, I might start looking for another teacher.

Maybe you should just apologize to everyone for misinforming them and call it a day?

I am totally stoked though that I did the research that I needed to be sure that I was right about my decision. So I will at least give you a thanks for that.

There's not really a whole lot more to say here so I hope everyone had a good informative read.

Bye.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
Lomo,
I'm starting to getb the impression all your talk is a fantasy just like your idea of making it big as a massager.

You are welcome to join the bandwagon.

Take care everyone, and good luck.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,105,206 times
Quote:
There's not really a whole lot more to say here so I hope everyone had a good informative read.
And that it has been.

Ever wonder why you get attacked on so many threads? I seem to recall asking before if all the effort to defend yourself on a internet forum was really worth it. And you said it makes you feel better that you "stand up" to people and hold your ground.

One day you will figure out that there are countless others on the internet who can and will out-do you. And when you do, you'll see that these long drawn out battles just make you look bad....like this one has.

To the OP:
There's a really good comment in the thread about shipping a car - Figure out if the car value and cost to ship is worth keeping it or replacing it.

Also, $5K fixed income and you working too...I'm not sure how that wouldn't work. But then again, I don't have 3 kids to raise, so I don't know about that added expense.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthraco View Post
And that it has been.

Ever wonder why you get attacked on so many threads? I seem to recall asking before if all the effort to defend yourself on a internet forum was really worth it. And you said it makes you feel better that you "stand up" to people and hold your ground.

One day you will figure out that there are countless others on the internet who can and will out-do you. And when you do, you'll see that these long drawn out battles just make you look bad....like this one has.
Wow dude. I thought we were friends.

That information was given to you in a private message in confidence because I thought I could trust you.

It saddens me to see you post that in front of everyone, especially after I took the time to pm you all that helpful information and send you all of those informative videos that you asked for.

I'm really disappointed man...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,105,206 times
Quote:
Wow dude. I thought we were friends.

That information was given to you in a private message in confidence because I thought I could trust you.

It saddens me to see you post that in front of everyone, especially after I took the time to pm you all that helpful information and send you all of those informative videos that you asked for.

I'm really disappointed man...
All this bickering on the forum makes you look bad. Just trying to help you out. Stating your position is good, defending it tooth and nail is futile.

Friends? Look man, this is an internet forum. Friends is a whole different interaction that does not require a computer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: