Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,917,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So it doesnt scare me, but im 43 now and i don't want to start over so i wait intell i have a nest egg. Ya i miss home. The only reason im fighting for poor people is i used to be poor, haven't forgotten and am greatful for my success and im humble. Yes i was lucky. Maybe i will share why at another time.

And anyway guys don't you think we have beatten this horse long enough?
You are missing the point. Walmart has nothing to do with individual success. Poor people are poor - because that was a personal choice regardless if they knew that at the time. Not Walmart's fault. Success unless it has to do with the lottery or something similar has nothing to do with luck.

If you are that old and don't have a nest egg and cant afford Hawaii - well, something didn't go so well.

It is an insult to imply doing well in life is "lucky". It is an individual choice whether one knows it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 10:11 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,757,933 times
Just for those old enough to remember, remember there was a time where people could really enjoy Paradise, Ohana etc, Without being rich. We will leave it up too you to decide what changed. Enough said.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:25 AM

1,872 posts, read 2,816,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Just for those old enough to remember, remember there was a time where people could really enjoy Paradise, Ohana etc, Without being rich. We will leave it up too you to decide what changed. Enough said.
It hasn't really changed all that much. There are those that enjoy those things today that are not wealthy and there are those who are. There are also both poor and rich who have a different view of where paradise is and those who aren't into family. They find their enjoyment elsewhere and in other things. Nothing wrong with any of it, just how everyone chooses to spend their life.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
It hasn't really changed all that much. There are those that enjoy those things today that are not wealthy and there are those who are. There are also both poor and rich who have a different view of where paradise is and those who aren't into family. They find their enjoyment elsewhere and in other things. Nothing wrong with any of it, just how everyone chooses to spend their life.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM

So Hawaiian - you are agreeing with McFrosty which is completely contradictory with your other post???? Hmmm.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
So Hawaiian - you are agreeing with McFrosty which is completely contradictory with your other post???? Hmmm.
No offence, i just get tired of arguing with people who can only see life one way, i have even argued a middle ground with you that there are lazy, greedy poor and rich people. If you look on this thread, The first complaint of people is that "they would move or move back to Hawai'i if it wasn't so expensive". But you forget cost of living is only one of three things that keep populations down. There also is the culture shock(but thats going to die because people want to make Hawai'i the mainland) Weather is another. You further mentioned that its unfair to expect people like you to support peoples choices(poor being poor) But like in history the Aristocrates have never admitten any wrong doing ever. Then why should people have to support choices of lifestyle for the bloody rich either? Cont next post.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:37 PM

Cont from above post.

I just used Walmart as an example of one corporation, No wallmart isnt just the problem. The problem is also with the guy who owns a car, has a smart phone and labtop, cable etc, then gets on sec8 housing or foodstamps etc or they guy comming out of prison we have to support him, its all just a different example of greed. I mention corporations and wallmart because no one everdoes. Like realoy the only people who need to change(or tighten there belt during hard times) are the poor or middle class in Hawai'i or the country to make life easier for all? Sink or Swim we are in this together.

Further i think its rather insulting to try to make us think that prices are beyond the control of the owners of the product, thus can be lowered or raised at anytime. You ask why should the rich have to curb there profits for others choices of lifestyles. In response i say why should people have to work two or three jobs to afford the basics to support corporations who cut wages cont on next post.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM

I guess we still need to wait on your ideas for a solution.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM

( Cont from above post)

only for the reason of making more profits.

Why should people support unskilled labor? You act like a college education is really all that? I know people who have two degrees who are bussing tables. My degree i hardly use in day to day. I will take a guy who has worked as a forklift driver over some kid who has just read about it.

Done

Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I guess we still need to wait on your ideas for a solution.
No after you my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii