Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,072,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
Rossington, you were further ahead when you were behind. Why not give it a rest. You don't have the slightest clue as to what goes on currently in Hawaii, let alone what might happen down the road. Stick to the political forum where you can 'sling your pap' without sounding like a complete moron. You are rapidly devolving into the Hawaii forums resident, and once banned, troll.
I suggest you make no further references to my behind.

to tell you the truth, NOTHING goes on in Hawaii, and NOTHING goes on here. NOTHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,447,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
There you go confirming Einstein's theory about insanity again, and again, and again...
Regarding the widely misattributed quote you referred to...

Quote:
"The definition of insanity, as Albert Einstein once famously put it, is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result,” said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell last week in a preemptive strike against President Obama’s proposed jobs bill. .... But these Republicans were themselves guilty of a different kind of break with reality. Like so many American politicians before them, they were misattributing the “insanity” quote, which over the years has also been mistakenly credited to Mark Twain, Benjamin Franklin, and Chinese philosophers. These politicians might be surprised to learn the line’s true origin: Its earliest known appearance in print dates only to 1983, when prolific author and screenwriter Rita Mae Brown included it in her lesbian romance novel Sudden Death.

The Surprising Origin of a Favorite GOP Refrain -- New York Magazine
But it probably become known to the Republicans because Narcotics Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous started saying it at their meetings in 1984, and those folks just can't get anything straight.

The addicts can't either.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
I've been to the beach every weekend for the past 6 months/since moving here. Plus driving along miles and miles of shoreline. I've never seen one seal of any denomination.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:14 PM

834 posts, read 1,218,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I've been to the beach every weekend for the past 6 months/since moving here. Plus driving along miles and miles of shoreline. I've never seen one seal of any denomination.
I have had 5 sightings in 10 years. And do a lot of exploration on foot. So be patient. MAny times there are warning flags and roped off areas by observing scientists. Often they are hard to spot as well because they look like a boulder or washed up log when they rest.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:17 PM

941 posts, read 1,967,664 times
Depending on the season and which beaches you go to, you could see a monk seal every day on Kaua'i. I usually go to the beach 2-3 times a week, and I probably see a monk seal once a month. This makes sense, since the population is spreading down from the NW Hawaiian Islands. There are always problems with tourists ignoring the ropes, or just not seeing the seal and walking too close (they totally do look like rocks sometimes), but I've never heard of a property issue here. Though we do have 2 of the recent killings I believe--but one of the perps was a disturbed haole.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,329,285 times
There in-lies the answer to the op question: Because they're disturbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii