Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:43 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,785,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
That WAS an interesting read. Not a single post in the entire thread badgering others to add their favorite whatever story to it! Thanks for sharing, McFrostyJ!
I wasn't allowed to rep you again.
Oh so thats what the issue is Kolohe Uhane? Not that my threads just suck? Oh wait maybe that isn't the issue either? Idk, what is the issue really bruddah?

Or is this an example of what Malihinis have to look out for if they move to current Hawai'i? Not stink from Kamaaina so much, but haole mainland transplants!

Like i said before bruddah, maybe your time would be better served no? If you were to start your own interesting threads and share your superior knowledge with us bruddah, im here to learn as much as share aloha. Ok? Mahalo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 02:18 PM

6,400 posts, read 4,873,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Oh so thats what the issue is Kolohe Uhane? WTH?
Not that my threads just suck? Oh wait maybe that isn't the issue either? Idk, what is the issue really bruddah? Again WTH??

Or is this an example of what Malihinis have to look out for if they move to current Hawai'i? Not stink from Kamaaina so much, but haole mainland transplants! And again???

Like i said before bruddah, maybe your time would be better served no? What does this mean??? If you were to start your own interesting threads and share your superior knowledge with us bruddah, im here to learn as much as share aloha. Ok? Mahalo
I just rarely understand what you are talking about, and don't see the point of your many threads.
I just tried Googling "Uhane". Nothing.
Do you have spell-check? That might be a start.

Mahalo

Last edited by Futuremauian; 10-19-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 03:39 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,827,262 times
Kolohe ʻUhane = Wild Spirit.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I just rarely understand what you are talking about, and don't see the point of your many threads.
I just tried Googling "Uhane". Nothing.
Do you have spell-check? That might be a start.

Mahalo
Uhane means "spirit" in Olelo Hawai'i. Maybe your time would be better served no(pidgin)? Means basically "dont you think your time would be better served?"

Your quote: I just rarely understand what you are talking about, and don't see the point of your many threads.

Wow so just because you see no point or don't understand my threads gives you the right to be negative, disrupting or to selfrightously point that out at every given chance? Im sure being native myself and a local i may not agree with what your points are or may not feel they are important but at least i feel you have a right to be here even if i don't agree with you. Thus i never ever go on yours or others threads and say what you say. Just because something is different doesn't make it wrong.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-19-2013 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFrostyJ View Post
Kolohe ʻUhane = Wild Spirit.
Kolohe uhane = troublemaking spirit. Remember almost every Hawai'ian word has 3 different meanings sometimes based on when used in sentence .

Im sure Futuremauian has things he can teach us about Hawai'i and her culture, customs, etc etc. Looking forward to learning new things. Mahalo

Old 10-19-2013, 05:09 PM

1,872 posts, read 2,827,262 times
Quote:
Kolohe uhane = troublemaking spirit. Remember almost every Hawai'ian word has 3 different meanings sometimes based on when used in sentence .

Im sure Futuremauian has things he can teach us about Hawai'i and her culture, customs, etc etc. Looking forward to learning new things. Mahalo
DAMN! I was so close!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:11 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,592,409 times
Quote:

You gotta love the Hawaiian language, only one I know of that has a word like 'moe kolohe' in it. Got Kamehameha all ha'alulu. Moe uhane is another good one, 'sleep spirit' or dream..

meanwhile,

ha'awi mai i maha

Old 10-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungjohann View Post
You gotta love the Hawaiian language, only one I know of that has a word like 'moe kolohe' in it. Got Kamehameha all ha'alulu. Moe uhane is another good one, 'sleep spirit' or dream..

meanwhile,

ha'awi mai i maha
I will always have nui loa pono for you Jungjohann for learning Olelo Hawaii and pidgin. Your an example of some one who shows respect in assimilating with local culture and not demanding of others to change. I learn from you almost everytime we talkstory. Mahalo nui loa bruddah.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Aloha and Howzit?

Aloha spirit is alive and its something you can't touch, see or hear to rationalise its existence. But the only requirement to experience it is to have the willingness to believe its there or possible. The key is willingness.

And it starts with one kind act to another person and spreads like wildfire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii