Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Hmmm, considering my wife was born in Vietnam that would qualify as more traditional than anything I would think. Considering I lived in Asia (Japan and Singapore) there is no similarity to dating women in those countries versus Hawaii. Another false post that dating Asian women in Hawaii is different then let's say, San Francisco.
Unless you were also born in Vietnam, the fact that your wife married you shows that she's not exactly "traditional."

I'm sure you're aware that Asia is a fairly diverse continent and that people in various Asian countries possess different languages, cultures, and histories. "Asian women" are not monolithic. Each woman has her own unique personality, hobbies, quirks, preferences, etc. even if she has a sister that's an "identical" twin. Thus, it's impossible that dating an "Asian woman" in Hawaiʻi is not different from dating an "Asian woman" in San Francisco.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
As I've dated women in Japan - Singapore - San Francisco - Honolulu who are Asian, I guess I got lucky, I saw no detectable difference between dating in SF versus HNL. I still maintain there isn't much of a difference. I'd even argue, there are more Asians that will only date Asians in SF than HNL.

Many Asian women in HNL who grew up in a traditional household will only date Caucasians - because, breaking news, they aren't into the traditional upbringing. It isn't because they find Caucasians that much more attractive, they don't want the lifestyle.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM

136 posts, read 330,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah K View Post
I'm sure you're aware that Asia is a fairly diverse continent and that people in various Asian countries possess different languages, cultures, and histories. "Asian women" are not monolithic. Each woman has her own unique personality, hobbies, quirks, preferences, etc. even if she has a sister that's an "identical" twin. Thus, it's impossible that dating an "Asian woman" in Hawaiʻi is not different from dating an "Asian woman" in San Francisco.
Of course not all Asian women are the same. But the point is that there is a difference between stereotypical Asian culture (e.g. being submissive) and stereotypical western culture. And there are general differences between an Asian immigrant who is a first generation immigrant (less Americanized) and one who is third generation or more (more Americanized)

Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
As I've dated women in Japan - Singapore - San Francisco - Honolulu who are Asian, I guess I got lucky, I saw no detectable difference between dating in SF versus HNL. I still maintain there isn't much of a difference. I'd even argue, there are more Asians that will only date Asians in SF than HNL.
No offence but there seems to be something wrong with your thinking. You keep bringing up Honolulu Oahu, and using your few years experience there as a wholesale argument to disclaim everything i say. When everything i have said isn't wrong. You have had others from outside of Honolulu tell you that. Whats even more frustrating and borderline personality disorder is that all my threads are titled Hawai'i not subcategory Oahu(includeds Honolulu) meaning general. But somehow your stuck on Oahu(Honolulu). Which really makes me wonder what really is the issue here? Maybe this whole arguing about me posting incorrect info, or youtube etc etc. Is just a front for another motive.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:52 AM

@ viper Further, i ask why do you really care? You have expressed your disdain for local culture in the past, or how you would never assimilate others cultures into yours? I could be wrong, but that has appeared to have been your attitude since i met you.

Maybe another solution could be, intstead of following my threads and posting argumentative and negative stuff right after i post or being Harassing. Why not just start your own threads with same topics only your point of view. I wonder why you haven't done that?

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-10-2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Omg wiper now your getting desperate, please stop before you make more of a fool of yourself then you already are. E'Pupule hupo pa'a ka waha okole puka!
Now, now was that necessary?

Old 10-10-2013, 11:25 AM

Jonny08 quote: I find your posts to be entertaining. Instead of trying to find common ground or agreeing to disagree, your attitude is "I'm experienced on this topic. So I'm The Expert! Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because I'm The Expert!" Keep it up

whtviper1 ones quote: "You don't even live in Hawaii"

Hmmm isn't this the guy who has rallied against localism and against local culture(pidgin, attitudes, etc) in his posts and attitudes, and claims there is no difference between Hawai'i and the mainland? But then uses a local attitude to gain superiority "you don't even live in Hawaii" lol. Sorry viper you have to earn being a local, its not handed to you because you think your superior. 2nd it must really get under your skin that someone not currently from Hawai'i knows more about the culture etc then you(except things about money) and that someone who is in your own words "uneducated" and also your words "posts irrelevant stuff that has no value". upsets you that my threads have higher numbers

Old 10-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Then yours? But im not in a compatition with you. Why make it one? I just want to post because of my love for Hawai'i and her culture. I really don't care about numbers or winning anything k.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Now, now was that necessary?
Is this relentless harrassment for 3 days now necessary? Remember im not the guest on someone elses threads.

What is it with people, why do we always have to take? If you have paradise, someone else wants it. You do the work to build something, someone else wants it without earning it. If your peaceful and have joy and aloha, someone else wants to take that to because they don't have it themselves.

Last edited by hawaiian by heart; 10-10-2013 at 11:40 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 11:59 AM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
I'd hate to think that you're a boring person, but that's the impression that I get from the above sentence. San Francisco and Honolulu are quite different in the things that they have to offer, so unless you tended to do the same things on your dates, I don't see how there can not be a difference.

Quote:
Many Asian women in HNL who grew up in a traditional household will only date Caucasians - because, breaking news, they aren't into the traditional upbringing. It isn't because they find Caucasians that much more attractive, they don't want the lifestyle.
That's strange. Assuming that many "Asian women" in Hawaiʻi only date Caucasians, statistics indicate that they tend to marry other "Asians." Table 75 and Table 76 of the 2009 "Vital Statistics Report" by the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Health show that most women in Hawaiʻi still marry someone from within their own particular ethnic group, despite high rates of interracial and interethnic marriage.
http://health.hawaii.gov/vitalstatis...05/marry09.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii