Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 12:48 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
You have a couple of inaccuracies there... the company you are trying to refer to is Monsanto. And plant patents actually started with the Plant Patent Act of 1930.

Plant breeders have been patenting plants ever since to protect their commercial interests in the new varieties they develop. The patents today last 20 years. The very first GMO "RoundUp Ready" soybeans that were patented have already had their patents expire, and anyone at all may now grow them without license or payments to Monsanto.
tan q

Old 12-14-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
You have a couple of inaccuracies there... the company you are trying to refer to is Monsanto. And plant patents actually started with the Plant Patent Act of 1930.

Plant breeders have been patenting plants ever since to protect their commercial interests in the new varieties they develop. The patents today last 20 years. The very first GMO "RoundUp Ready" soybeans that were patented have already had their patents expire, and anyone at all may now grow them without license or payments to Monsanto.
Monstersanto.... or you address them as Monsanto as per say.... why would they?? develop and aluminum resistant seed? do they know something we don't?

Old 12-14-2014, 05:08 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
Monstersanto.... or you address them as Monsanto as per say.... why would they?? develop and aluminum resistant seed? do they know something we don't?
Oy... the company's name is Monsanto, and term I think you meant to use is "per se;" while the indefinite article before "aluminum" should be "an," not "and;" and while we are at it, the plural of GMO is GMOs, not "GMO's." Apostrophes are for indicating possession, or abbreviation, not pluralization.

OK, settle down class...

I have no idea why you are referring to aluminum. Glyphosate weed killer is proving to be nasty stuff, with undesirable side effects and it's (apostrophe used here for abbreviation of "it is") persistent in the environment, so I support severely limiting or banning its (no apostrophe for possessive of "it") use.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM

68 posts, read 107,241 times
IM(NQAHAISB)O, all coffee is a vile brew. Tea is embraced world-wide, to such an extent that some coffee growing nations have considerably more tea drinkers than those that imbibe coffee. It is unfortunate that 'Americans' have harboured (pun intended) a grudge against such a valuable infusion.
Nothing quite like a nice, sweetened pomegranite-peach tea... w a splash of good rum...

RC

Old 12-14-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Oy... the company's name is Monsanto, and term I think you meant to use is "per se;" while the indefinite article before "aluminum" should be "an," not "and;" and while we are at it, the plural of GMO is GMOs, not "GMO's." Apostrophes are for indicating possession, or abbreviation, not pluralization.

OK, settle down class...

I have no idea why you are referring to aluminum. Glyphosate weed killer is proving to be nasty stuff, with undesirable side effects and it's (apostrophe used here for abbreviation of "it is") persistent in the environment, so I support severely limiting or banning its (no apostrophe for possessive of "it") use.
The woman in the video talks allot of contrails.... diesel and its emissions. she kinda touches on the chemical spraying the the atmosphere.... word... a contrail does not last for miles or hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5is16A8pfw

what the above video does not touch on is what is really being dumped in the air and creating those artificial clouds. word is where the president is the never seed the sky. Obama should be here end of month, so watch the skys.

start the below video at.. 39 minutes then the Hawaii part starts at 46? minutes. its touches on what being sprayed in the air. One time I was flying over Washington I had seen a chemtrail from the window of the plane I was in. Honestly its looked spooky nice. All I saw was a long.... really long strait tubular cloud that went on for miles......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIy8t2SrVUI#t=5674

Gates Foundation invests in Monsanto: Could aluminium resisitant seeds and geo-engineering be the motive?‏
Posted on August 30, 2010 by Clare Swinney
By Michael Murphy
Connecting the dots. The following is info about the aluminum resistant seed and also an article about the Gates Foundation investing in Monsanto. Gates has been funding geo-engineering programs. Could their be a connection?

• Aluminum resistant gene patent # 7582809

• Patent granted on September 1, 2009

• Patent developed at the Robert W. Holley Center for Agricultural Health at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY.

https://chemtrailsnorthnz.wordpress....tive%E2%80%8F/

Old 12-15-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
The woman in the video talks allot of contrails.... diesel and its emissions. she kinda touches on the chemical spraying the the atmosphere.... word... a contrail does not last for miles or hours....
Lots of people on the internet say a lot of things about a lot of things. That doesn't mean they're all worth listening to, and they certainly shouldn't all be believed without challenge.

The whole chemtrails thing is paranoid fantasy of the worst kind, absolute bunk, unscientific trash that will pollute a person's thinking faster than the chemicals they imagine are being sprayed on everyone.

YouTube videos about fantasies like this are worse, because they convince the weak minded that they actually have something to say, when it's truly just rubbish.

Consider the source, look for reliable sources of information who provide references and credible, verifiable scientific research.

Here's one of many sites debunking everything you posted.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...hemtrails.341/

Now let's get back to the topic, shall we?

Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Chetco View Post
IM(NQAHAISB)O, all coffee is a vile brew. Tea is embraced world-wide, to such an extent that some coffee growing nations have considerably more tea drinkers than those that imbibe coffee. It is unfortunate that 'Americans' have harboured (pun intended) a grudge against such a valuable infusion. Nothing quite like a nice, sweetened pomegranite-peach tea... w a splash of good rum...
If I may offer a tad of advice, it's probably best not to be professing that opinion too loud on the Big Island, where Coffee is and long has been such an important local crop... or had that not occurred to you?

There is also some tea grown in the islands, yes, but I understand it's not nearly as productive as coffee growing, in part because the harvest is even more labor intensive than coffee, and requires more skill, picking only just the right leaves on each pass.

It's not at all like macadamia nuts, where they just encircle the tree with a big circular cloth, then clamp a machine on the trunk that shakes the whole tree like crazy so all the nuts fall off into the cloth, which funnels them into a hopper.

I picture you being introduced to the Macadamia Shake by a local coffee farmer if you publicly disparage the noble brew she gives her life to raising to the highest level of perfection possible.
"Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-15-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Lots of people on the internet say a lot of things about a lot of things. That doesn't mean they're all worth listening to, and they certainly shouldn't all be believed without challenge.

The whole chemtrails thing is paranoid fantasy of the worst kind, absolute bunk, unscientific trash that will pollute a person's thinking faster than the chemicals they imagine are being sprayed on everyone.

YouTube videos about fantasies like this are worse, because they convince the weak minded that they actually have something to say, when it's truly just rubbish.

Consider the source, look for reliable sources of information who provide references and credible, verifiable scientific research.

Here's one of many sites debunking everything you posted.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...hemtrails.341/

Now let's get back to the topic, shall we?
weak minded.... chemtrails? lol youtube is not reliable.... "Consider the source, look for reliable sources of information who provide references and credible, verifiable scientific research."

are you saying chemtrails don't exists? everything can be debunked.. there is always 2 sides to a story.
What side you believe is your call. Allot of people had done tons of research and your calling someone weak is your take on it. Kool

On the subject was GMO and monsanto....

US population is RULED by world Chemical giant Monsanto/IG Farben – Chart shows past & present associations:
http://amunaor.files.wordpress.com/2...t-nepotism.jpg

Old 12-15-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
are you saying chemtrails don't exists?
Exactly. There is no such thing. It's made up.

Quote:
"Consider the source, look for reliable sources of information who provide references and credible, verifiable scientific research."
US population is RULED by world Chemical giant Monsanto/IG Farben – Chart shows past & present associations:
http://amunaor.files.wordpress.com/2...t-nepotism.jpg
This is an example of an unreliable source, with no reputation and no accountability. It's just some guy's blog on Wordpress. He has no credibility.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Exactly. There is no such thing. It's made up.

This is an example of an unreliable source, with no reputation and no accountability. It's just some guy's blog on Wordpress. He has no credibility.
you da man..... no one ever wanted to believe in something.... something so... out there that it can't be true or could it?

I got my point across made you look. Now what do you do with this information is your call... the best thing you can do is Hold class and tell everyone some crazy guy made you look and you don't believe and they will either laugh or say... I seen that stuff in the sky... I never knew it as chemtrails... Inquiring minds wanna know...

Piece out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: