Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:18 PM

9 posts, read 42,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheMystic View Post
Again; just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. What on earth would be the motivation otherwise?

I don't understand why anyone's experience must be disputed. It's all, both the good and the bad, part of the experience.

You need to re-read my post. I never said that negative things do not happen in Hawaii. Rather I was trying to show the flip side... that not all white people are being stalked by locals. With the way you write and respond without fully interpreting posts, it wouldn't surprise me if you've had problems with the locals...

Old 03-14-2008, 03:08 PM

126 posts, read 688,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinted View Post
I can't believe all this about the extreme racism in Hawaii.
Not really sure why this had to become personal. I never invalidated your experiences.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:54 PM

649 posts, read 3,444,029 times
Any chance we could get this back on topic? Or is that too much to hope for?

I think we should establish ONE thread to discuss "Racism in Hawaii" and keep it there. It IS an important topic, of interest to many mainlanders and particularly those thinking about moving to Hawaii - almost everyone I tell about my plans to move responds with either (or both), "Wow, it's really expensive there" or "Oh, I hope your son is OK, with all the prejudice against whites, especially in the schools". Many people have preconceived notions or have heard rumors, and it's important to have a place (A place, not EVERY thread) to discuss these things.

It's just a pain the way EVERY thread ends up reverting to these topics.

Last edited by Sweetbeet; 03-14-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-14-2008, 05:52 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,424,366 times
Ms. Sweetbeet has hit the nail on the head,
And in her wisdom, started a thread,
On a subject heard 'round this forum,
To keep on topic and not bore 'em!

....and that's to let all realize that this is an informational forum to help people that want to relocate and/or vacation. So please stay on topic. Saying that, this thread is closed. Thanks,
7th generation

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-15-2008 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii