Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2021, 05:47 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
That’s strange. The word is ****. www.****.com.

That doesn’t work. Geez. K-U-S-I.
It must be a naughty word in ghetto-speak or maybe another language.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:15 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It must be a naughty word in ghetto-speak or maybe another language.
I guess. Even googled the word and nothing came up.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:37 AM

Hawaii intends to begin reopening schools for students March 22, when Spring Break ends. Currently the plan is to begin with elementary students. Whether they all attend school daily is apparently still being debated.

At the high schools, teachers are expecting to return to regular classes as well, although that is not "official" yet.

I am already booked for March 22 and will not be surprised if I am offered a job for the rest of the year. Depending on the subject I may, or may not, agree to do it.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:46 PM

Hopefully this doesn't portend our future upon reopening. This school was open one week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...ol/ar-BB1enEuN

Old 03-10-2021, 08:16 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
Kishimoto bails - shocking?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...contract-ends/

Superintendent Christina Kishimoto announced today that she will step down on July 30 after four years at the helm of Hawaii’s public schools, rather than seek to extend her contract.

Old 03-10-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Kishimoto bails - shocking?

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2021/...contract-ends/

Superintendent Christina Kishimoto announced today that she will step down on July 30 after four years at the helm of Hawaii’s public schools, rather than seek to extend her contract.
My favorite line from the article:

Quote: Kishimoto said the issue quickly became a major distraction from doing her job and she decided to cut the public debate short because it would reflect poorly on the district.

How noble of her!

She wasn't the worst Superintendent I've ever worked under. Some are truly horrible. Every few years they are typically scapegoated and a new one is chosen from the pool of Sups recently dumped by other districts.

She has probably been headhunted by some district in the Bay Area looking for an Asian, specifically. Time will tell.

Old 03-15-2021, 06:50 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Hopefully this doesn't portend our future upon reopening. This school was open one week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/po...ol/ar-BB1enEuN
Good news is we are no longer in a covid crisis. Two million people are being vaccinated every day. There are no ICU’s in the nation that are threatened to be overwhelmed. There are still a lot of covid patients, but most are young people and not severe. There will be no reason for schools not to fully open in the fall. There is no reason for them not to be fully open now. Schools throughout the nation have been fully open since this fall with no issues. The entire nation will be fully back to normal by summer.

Old 03-15-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Good news is we are no longer in a covid crisis. Two million people are being vaccinated every day. There are no ICU’s in the nation that are threatened to be overwhelmed. There are still a lot of covid patients, but most are young people and not severe. There will be no reason for schools not to fully open in the fall. There is no reason for them not to be fully open now. Schools throughout the nation have been fully open since this fall with no issues. The entire nation will be fully back to normal by summer.
Well, today is the first day of Spring Break. I believe many schools here and across America will reopen in the next couple of weeks.

I agree that in the Fall there will be no reason for them not to be fully open. I sure hope so. I'm ready to go back.
(Unless another catastrophe come along. )

Old 03-15-2021, 07:33 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,899,929 times
Quote:
The entire nation will be fully back to normal by summer.
I agree with that statement assuming all ages are open for vaccine reservations by May 1 - and everyone can actually get a shot by May 31

Old 03-15-2021, 07:42 PM

344 posts, read 250,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I agree with that statement assuming all ages are open for vaccine reservations by May 1 - and everyone can actually get a shot by May 31

Hope you are right.
I am a little concerned about what percentage of people will take the vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii