Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2020, 02:13 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
The Burger King on Beretania, where the first Chick-fil-a, will be located, only had its lease expire this past May. I'd expect activity soon if they are moving forward.
Ah, gotcha. That's good to know! The location is only a few blocks away from my condo building, so I look forward to being so close when I move back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I wouldn't go to Chick Fil A if it was near my house. Mediocre is my one-word description.

If Oahu got an In-N-Out Burger, I would fly over from Maui occasionally just for it. Jollibee's Amazing Aloha Yum Burger is a contender and helps me deal with cravings for Double-Doubles.

Jollibee's chicken sandwich is also better than Chick Fil A's chicken sandwich.

YMMV!
We will disagree there Personally, I can't stand In-N-Out; I think it's a cheap tasting burger and I couldn't understand why some people seem to go crazy for it. I do like Jollibee's chicken generally, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2020, 02:24 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
As far as spicy chicken sandwiches go I'd rank Wendy's > Chick-fil-a > Burger King > Popeyes. McDonald's has simply missed an opportunity to get a decent chicken sandwich out. I've never been to Jollibee's - but I'm in no hurry to head to Kalihi to try it. Not a fan of just about anything from Jack in the Box.

As far as In-N-Out burgers, Ill go - but don't think it is anything super special. For fast food burgers, I have been trying to support L&L with the double cheeseburger deluxe - and I actually like the fries at L&L over most places.

If you really want a great burger, head to Scratch Kitchen - easily the best in my opinion on the island - but you'll pay the price, I think it is $14 or $16

Old 08-29-2020, 02:36 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
As far as spicy chicken sandwiches go I'd rank Wendy's > Chick-fil-a > Burger King > Popeyes. McDonald's has simply missed an opportunity to get a decent chicken sandwich out. I've never been to Jollibee's - but I'm in no hurry to head to Kalihi to try it. Not a fan of just about anything from Jack in the Box.

As far as In-N-Out burgers, Ill go - but don't think it is anything super special. For fast food burgers, I have been trying to support L&L with the double cheeseburger deluxe - and I actually like the fries at L&L over most places.

If you really want a great burger, head to Scratch Kitchen - easily the best in my opinion on the island - but you'll pay the price, I think it is $14 or $16
I do love Wendy's sandwich, too.

I'd rank Popeyes sandwich last as well, though. I NEVER understood the hype. I was so disappointed when I tried it once it was finally back in stock.

Scratch has amazing food (I've had their shrimp and grits and other breakfast items), but I've never had their burgers.

Old 08-29-2020, 02:38 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:

I haven't been to L&L since I first moved here and was unimpressed. I will have to go back and try the double cheeseburger deluxe.

There are now Jollibee locations in Las Vegas if you get a chance to visit there.

Edit: Scratch Kitchen's food looks amazing!
Maui has good burgers at the Cool Cat Cafe.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:22 PM

451 posts, read 411,845 times
Quote:
The Burger King on Beretania, where the first Chick-fil-a, will be located, only had its lease expire this past May. I'd expect activity soon if they are moving forward.

Which BK on Beretania? I thought there are two. One by the art museum and the other Diamond Head side near the Japanese Cultural Center/Puck's Alley.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:26 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
What’s the CFA thing about?! It’s pretty plain food. Ate it once, never had reason to go back. Obviously someone tastes something I don’t.

Old 08-29-2020, 10:34 PM

Burgers? M&W Burger and The Counter

Old 08-29-2020, 10:42 PM

Has anyone tried Betty's Burgers on University Ave? Somewhat new. I see folks waiting outside when I've
motored by the joint.

Old 08-30-2020, 12:07 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,903,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Monkey View Post
Which BK on Beretania?
The one near Ward

Old 08-30-2020, 03:01 AM

2,095 posts, read 1,557,748 times
plans for any expansions or development obviously put on hold due to covid.

The one business that comes to mind that came out ahead with this crisis is mai tai bar. GGP is an utter pain to deal and negotiate with. Olive garden took over mai tai bar and bubba gump, and got the short end of that lease. Mai tai got out of their lease literally right before covid hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii